Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

5 Dollar Footlong Deceives The Masses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

PFlats posted:

I think they just reincarnated, actually.

6 Dollar Footlong Withstands Legal Scrutiny

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

82 White Chain Styles Hard, Styles Fresh

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Mods, please change the thread title to "Kill Six Billion Demons: The sanctioned act is to Post", tia

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

7 Juggernaut Star Scours The Universe For Duct Tape

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

This chapter is actually remarkably well-paced, both when read as updates come out and when I re-read it in one go. A major beat happens every page, and I haven't been bored yet.

(The huge spectacle of the fighting certainly helps, too.)

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I'd pay for a couple yards of {EVIL} fabric to sew into a wicked hoodie and/or pair of pants.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

:catstare:

I hope Abaddon is okay.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Anyone else notice that Cio's hair is getting longer and longer? Yabalchaoth's hair was pretty long, too...

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Schwarzwald posted:

I also dig how the alt text is just "Seeker of Thrones 9-109."

The page count.

I don’t get it.

e: I immediately got it after hitting post.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

All royalty is trash, friend.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Moreover: what happened to the backpack? Did it (and her shirt) just get shredded to pieces when she got stabbed?

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

We’re a hundred posts in and nobody’s said

kiss six billion demons

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I meant for this page of the comic but thank you

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Please note that Allison’s form is being corrected via kicking, and please imagine what this looks like off-screen.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Who is Salami Dave?
e:f;b

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

The contest is not, as I feared, first-come, first-served, but 64 participants will be chosen out of all submissions in by September 4. Which is good, because as of this writing there’s already 18 of them.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Operant posted:

Thanks for the encouraging words, it means a lot.

This book gets really loving spicy and a poo poo ton of people are going to get mad at me for the way it ends I guarantee it.

Looking forward to the tournament ending with the OTC winner no-selling Allison White Chain’s best attack and then getting obliterated by Salami Dave’s scornful glare.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Oh, I made the cut! Here’s my submission:

Looking forward to watching people beat up an old man.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Thanks everyone! I’m very stoked to lose my first round against my opponent’s giant robot.

Ashcans posted:

This dude is pretty cool! Out of curiosity, was Sabriel any inspiration on the concept and aesthetic?

No, I didn’t. I actually started with “what if hatsune miku but k6bd” and went from there. I tried to keep as many callbacks to Miku’s character design in there as possible (blue tie, loose sleeves, tall boots, hair parted in two, reference to the number 39, similar-sounding name) without making it too obvious. I’m hoping people in the discord only notice really deep into the bracket and then boo me out of the server.

When I got to “how do you fight with music” I got reminded of an old character I had in a MUD that spun crystals to make vibrations to do magic, then boiled that down to just making tones, then built that back up into whistles and tuning forks. After that it was all just figuring out how to make it fit in the K6BD metaphysics and coming up with reasonable effects, and then figuring out how to make it an interesting fighting style.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Got my entry in exactly 2 minutes before the deadline. Here it is! My opponent also got theirs in, a full hour before their deadline, and it is much better than mine.

Surprisingly, every single contestant got their entries in! Everyone who'd ever done an OCT before was extremely surprised, because apparently people bail on these all the time, but everyone got them in. The method of submission is, of course, posting things in Discord, but if you'd like to read them, this is the link!. They're all pinned in individual channels in the "Round 1 Matches" category.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Darth Walrus posted:

Is a list of the chosen contestants' intro profiles available in any easily-accessible way?

They’re all pinned in the respective matchups’ channels. (Or, well, they should be, but that was voluntary.)

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

habeasdorkus posted:

the OTC is officially into the quarters, as it's now into four 2v2 matches.

I’d still call this top-8. Same number of people are going to be eliminated as if it weren’t teams, and I would put money on the next round breaking up the teams and pitting them against each other despite their newfound friendships.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why are you gendering White Chain as female? They are clearly trying to identify as male. And isn't the personal identity more important than other factors? Sure, that identity is based on internalized dogmata to the point of brainwashing and feels wrong, but shouldn't we respect WCs stated opinion?

I used to be of that opinion, because the text was vague enough, but at one point when Tom was hanging out in the RoP voice chat he referred to White Chain by female pronouns so that’s what I’m going with now.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Elfface posted:

2 Michael is a prime angel, as will be 3 Michael. Not 4, but when he becomes 5 he will be again.

Very ready for 83 White Chain, then.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Anti-Jadis has thick, stringy hair and glowy blue eyes on her crown and now I'm kinda concerned for White Chain. I hope that whatever Jadis does to break out of her crystal prison doesn't involve possessing, consuming, or otherwise dominating White Chain, either willingly or unwillingly.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

sliami posted:

What are the rules for character creation

Join the Discord, there's a "rules of war" channel at the top.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Incubus's frantic search for a sword is a tell-tale sign that he is not truly a student of the principal art of Cutting.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

A Sometimes Food posted:

It was actually a crossed wire and Tom from Gunnerkrigg meant to post it. Oof that comic is bad atm.

Please, not here too.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I’m doing W4R! If there’s any other goons participating they haven’t made themselves known to me. I’ve seen a couple emotes that originated on SA tossed around but they’re not the most esoteric or iconic things so I haven’t really dug into it. (Pray tell, Preem Angel, have you heard the parable of the stairless house?)

It’s a lot of fun but there is an absolutely impenetrable amount of content to go through, especially if you’re getting into it late. There are 50 matchups each round, meaning 100 comics, and with four rounds in the can already that’s 400 comics, and that’s just the entries to the main battles. There’s also a Grand Battle that takes place every round where people who weren’t picked to participate in the main matches can submit comics anyway to earn bonus points for their team, and lots of these are also very good (and possibly canonical), and that’s another huge pile of comics to get through.

There’s unfortunately not really a good way to put together a reader’s guide because it’s impossible to pick out an approachable subset without leaving out something really important, and if you ask any two people in the server who to follow you’re going to get wildly different answers. Plus, the styles and tones of the comics are so wildly all over the place. Are you looking for cool fights? Character drama? Comedy? Explorations of the setting? Character-driven action comedy deeply rooted in K6BD metaphysics? It’s all there!

If you’re looking to get into this, even if you’re just looking to read some cool comics, I highly recommend jumping into the Discord and asking around for recommendations.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Agreed that it’s a loving lot to keep up with, I’m in the drat thing and I don’t know half the characters, and it’s only going to get worse since the People Make Games video literally tripled the population.

Extremely worth it, though. Find a few characters you like and spread out from there.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

packetmantis posted:

Do we know when the next page is?

The schedule is generally Tuesday/Friday, but if Tom puts out a double page update like he’s been doing lately, he’ll skip Tuesday and post on Friday.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

If the six billion is the number of loops then Allison is lucky that she is not KILL THREE BILLION, A HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE MILLION, THREE HUNDRED FIFTY-TWO THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN DEMONS because that would be a real mouthful and, come to think of it, is probably why the other heirs lost.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

OPAONI posted:

Wait it's not Forbidden, it's foribbden.

Oh dang, you're right.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Nine MORE?!

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Grouchio posted:

Lord I hope she never returns to her old life.

Achieving complete dominance of the universe and then going back to working part-time a barista to pay for college would be 100% in line with the themes of the comic.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

"...why did you save me?"
"Oh! Uh... It's what I do."

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

thatbastardken posted:

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: And I said, what about, Breakfast Infinities

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

Niavmai posted:

it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's a dreamscape it's

Hasn't Operant explicitly said this is real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

“She had gone through men like an enema” is a genius line and I will not be convinced otherwise.