Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Saw this thread pop up yesterday and I read the comic all the way through the night. Its is quite amazing. But now I have to wait for it to update week by week :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
I think i just discovered something on a read through: In 82 Chains' description of the first conquest is the demi-urge in the last two panels Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones? They have the same complexion, hair and red third eye.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

That's a great detail. Also, didn't think much of it before, but he's confirming that it was indeed him who struck down Zoss. So that's fun.

Im still not clear on how a non-prime angel managed to kill The Conquering King :black101:

Edit: Intentional repetition of the Holy Suicide? "a king has his reign, then he dies." "the king is dead long live the king" etc

Yadoppsi fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 16, 2015

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Giant Ethicist posted:

Interesting that Delicious' true form is at least as feminine as White Chain's.

Really makes me think the mainstream angel's protests of gender purity are like internalized homophobia from closet-cases.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
1 A bitch Ain't

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

And yet hoverboards are a thing.

Who is to say the other universes are like ours? Maybe Earth's god was a long-winded gently caress and that's why it took billions of years for Humans to show up in a big empty space. Other creator gods could have been fine with dry land rising from the primordial waters of chaos in seven days. :cheeky:

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
White Chain! :ohdear:

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
New Page is up!

Our Lady is a portly one./ But rarely does she eat.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
I'm really enjoying another short story about Het, the humble badass.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

ronya posted:

specifically James C. Scott cites Edmund Leach in passing to this effect in his subtitled 'Anarchist history of Upland Southeast Asia', although his interest (appropriately) moves on to the dispersed people who don't live in states, rather than the sedentary people who form little states capable of deterring big states

The Art of Not Being Governed looked so good I had to order it right away. Care to expound while I wait for it to ship?

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Greg Egan wrote an interesting story set in a world with 2 time-like dimensions and 2 spatial dimensions as opposed to our 3 spatial and 1 time universe. one of the interesting side effect of those physics is turning 90 degrees left or right is impossible as accelerating to the speed of light. Also the most stable shape isn't a sphere but a hyperboloid. He explores the math in an easy to understand for non-physicists on his website: https://www.gregegan.net/DICHRONAUTS/DICHRONAUTS.html

Yadoppsi fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 11, 2021

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

Also, I think in the Patreon version Maya said that Manamum was "not half bad as a lover" and rather than "passing lover" - I wonder if Operant meant to say that he was a "passable lover."

When used as an adverb passing means surpassingly, greatly, or exceedingly etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

HORUS has the coolest mechs.

Yep. My favorite of theirs is the Kobold. Are you a miner whose strike was brutally crushed and now realize direct action gets the goods? Put the program code you recieved from a strange encrypted email into your mining exosuit and watch it transform into the "Burier of Tyrants."