Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I just started reading this comic after seeing pages in the badass thread and all I have to say is

• It is very cool
  • How do you pronounce Cio because I've saying it like "Ciao" in my head but I still feel like that's weird
  • I don't like that Allison kept the white hair after regaining control of her body in the heist chapter
  • It is very cool

Anyway I'm also bummed that White Chain didn't manage to draw blood from Solomon although I do get that it's still a symbolic victory (and a personal victory for WC I suppose)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

witchcore ricepunk posted:

Cio's name spells out COCA COLA

:aaaaa: holy poo poo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Alternatively, the Coca Cola corporation has a transdimensional presence.

This is all too plausible.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If you could execute ki rata techniques irl what would you do with this power

Stop time but then instead of murdering people do a lot of dumb poo poo

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Brought To You By posted:

I'm waiting for him to actually say it because this can still go a couple different ways.

Same. There's still plenty of time for this to go very south.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wait, so...

... Is White Chain...

... The emperor now?

I suppose if that's what she wishes for, but the only prize was a wish. (It'd be interesting to see what he'd do in a theoretical scenario where someone beat him, then made a wish that could not be fulfilled by him being the emperor and/or ki rata. Like "cure my [family member]'s cancer" or some poo poo)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bongo Bill posted:

I guess he'd have to use his Key of Kings, in that case.

ha ha yeah I did kind of forget about the loving point of the story overall, didn't I?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Did he...is that...

Is white chain draped in soloman's skirt

Ha, I thought that too. Like, dude did you just throw your pants at her?

Glad to see it clarified.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if she is better or worse at fighting now.

Iirc, when WC declares that she's gonna teach Alison the 49 palms, Cio says she can't learn them, but WC says she can, implying that it's because of her key and the superpowers that come with it.

Unfortunately, WC does not have a key so I think she's gonna have to relearn how to fight (or at least learn a new style)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Aug 19, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TK-42-1 posted:

speaking of, juggernaut is going to be sooooooo jealous

WC: "Okay listen, all you have to do is fight this god-emperor so hard that you surpass your limits and break your shell, but, and this is important now, don't go back to the void or explode, but land a good hit on him while you basically turn into raw energy. Also you might have to move while he freezes time, I'm a little unclear on whether that's necessary. So no worries, it's totally doable" *smiles, gives thumbs up*

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Z the IVth posted:

Is it gay if 10VG is non-gendered?

What is correct the term for that anyway?

Well, we know that in the void 10VG presents himself as a Griffin-like creature with a big floating ring for a head, so... bestiality?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Huh, I wonder if the transformation humanised White Chain's mentality a little and softened her, or if this is just a realisation from the fight.

It can be two things!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

At the end of the comic Allison goes full Syndrome and gives everyone a perfect copy of the Key of Kings so everyone can be an equally powerful kung fu punch wizard

"And when everyone's royal... no one will be."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

YaketySass posted:

Zaid is probably gonna show he neither wants nor can fulfill the role, there's no way she gives him the key at least for now.

Yeah, I'd imagine dude just wants to go home at this point.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Lobe posted:

There's no assassinating Gog Agog, she is a distributed mass spread through the multiverse. There is no core node.

That you know of! :tinfoil:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Reach heaven through parental love

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
REACH THE FINALS THROUGH PERSONAL FOULS

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

KILL SICK BARKLEY DUNKS

I couldn't think of a good replacement for "Kill" :sigh:.

Dunk (On) Six Billion Demons?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I hope these never end.

Reach the ground by running this poo poo into it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Thyrork posted:

Also I too suffer from coughing alot. So theres that. :haw:

Have you considered getting punched in just the right way that it dislodges all the dust from inside your ancient frame?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tulip posted:

(see: people saying Alison can't learn Empty Palms because of her being a human, a technique that human Solomon used pretty comfortably this chapter).

Both Solomon and Allison have superpowers stuck in their foreheads though.

That said, given that Solomon learned ki rata, a style/technique that is arguably more powerful than empty palms, while he was key-less, you're probably not wrong.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Demiurge4 posted:

The Ben Shapiro of Demiurges.

Now hypothetically, hypothetically, let's assume I'm a god of the seven part world...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well WC, you got your wish, Dave's empire no longer lives under his boot

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Joe Slowboat posted:

Also? gently caress. This upsets me in a good way, I really want to see Jagganoth lose. And I'm surprised Jadis is showing up to pull her own paperweight, I didn't think she had it in her.

Well I don't think you're supposed to want him to win

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

those feathers will end up being something, like, from metatron's body

I thought that was pretty obvious.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

snergle posted:

plus i just remembered the thorn knights arent fully dealt with either.

I mean, the thorn knights are basically working hand in hand with Jag so I don't see why they need any more coverage on their own.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Impervious to physical harm, but not emotional harm.

It is time to unleash the ultimate Yo Momma joke.

Allison will once again pull from her sorority sister skills and unleash some bitchy passive-aggression to make the gods tremble.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Hopefully with all the deep tragic background narration akin to Metal Gear Solid 4's Beauty and the Beast Squad.

Alison delivers the final blow and suddenly Cio launches into a six page monologue

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The thing we won't like is that when Incubus tries to backstab Alison they will have a fight while not dressed as Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask as was foretold.

...oh sorry guess that was just me, huh

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

poo poo now we gotta redo all the b-ball edits to be about baseball. REACH HOME PLATE THROUGH VIOLENCE.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tulip posted:

Incubus doesn't get much respect from the other Demiurges but the rest of the text of the comic suggests that he's really good at killing people.

I mean, when you're the weakest of the 7 (or 8 I suppose) strongest beings in the multiverse, that's still pretty loving powerful.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Reach tenure through violence

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Soup du Jour posted:

Jagg has been practicing this speech in the mirror for so long

Yeah that's some poo poo he's had cookin' for a while.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ThaumPenguin posted:

Jadis will survive purely because we haven't been introduced to her properly.

Mottom may die because we've already seen a lot of her and she doesn't care if she dies as she already considers herself to be at death's door now that she doesn't have a steady supply of immortality fruit.

The odds for Solomon are looking real bad.

Yeah I feel like Dave is toast. It's the thing where since we've seen how powerful he is, seeing him die would immediately convey to the audience (and the characters in the comic) just how real poo poo has gotten.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dead Reckoning posted:

Can you imagine how infuriating it would be to spend decades becoming invincible and building an army and psyching yourself up to go to war against the last and greatest Prime angel, the voice of God, over the entire course of reality and all creation... and the woman with The Key is still on that "the wrong sort of people are in charge" bullshit, like the Universal War hadn't already happened. Acting like she knows you want to destroy the world, as though you were some sort of cut-rate Dragonball villain. Smh.

I mean, tbf to Allison, if Jagg wanted to make his case for being the good guy, his opening gambit shouldn't have been to nuke a city.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if the other demiurges are opposed to killing metatron or if they just think Jagganoth is a raving lunatic

Probably the latter. The angels (well, the spiky ones) are definitely siding with Jagganoth so they wouldn't have informed any of the other demiurges. So the guy is yelling that one of (what they believe to be) the fundamental truths of the universe is wrong.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
drat, if Dave's already up for a round 2 this quick (and with this kind of speed) it kinda makes me feel like he might've thrown the fight with WC.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think dark science is just mad science. Practicing dark science is just what gets you kicked out/discredited from your field and/or probably put in prison.

Tulip posted:

Whenever this thread starts talking about Kings, my mind just keeps repeating this achewood

I am imagining this as a conversation between Alison and White Chain and it's good

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Nov 6, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Incubus suddenly getting swole when it's go time is giving me big Master Roshi vibes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

Tails Gets Trolled, a webcomic so bad it wraps around back to good and has been going on forever despite all the obstacles in the path of the author and multi-year hiatuses. Honestly, lazerbot is probably royalty.

they can't troll
you if you're
royalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Duodecimal posted:

I can't make heads or tails of what's going on.

You have to put your brain in an anime state of mind and it makes sense

Jagganoth is in a stalemate with Solomon David after he caught the blade on the last page. He sees Incubus coming for him out of the corner of his eye or feels his ki or whatever anime way you want to describe him detecting Inc coming for him, and decides to set Dave aside for the moment by using his sword like a stake and just driving him into the ground. He then steps back, grabs a new sword out of the many he already threw into the ground and takes a swing at Inc. Incubus lands on the sword mid swing and starts running along it but before he can actually attempt to cut Jaggs, Mottom decides gently caress it I'm gonna shoot lightning everywhere and Incubus is forced to leave the hot zone. Also he (or at least his nasty rear end feet) can apparently stick to walls.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 14, 2020