Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

paranoid randroid posted:

reach heaven through motorcycles

Oh, so that's what Alison's game is going to be—card games on motorcycles.

ALISON: "I think I'd rather play a card game standing completely still, on the ground."

CIO: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

(Actually I guess she would probably say "Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Delicious also seems to imply that dying in the void will result in a loss of memory, or am I reading her wrong?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm less mad at SFP than some people, but this comic is definitely doing a much better job of having a heroine who cries, runs away, and does stupid things while still making her seem likeable and occasionally badass.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

He's been working out?

Supposedly the keys magnify your personal aptitudes, so if he's actually been working to increase his personal prowess instead of just relying on the Key of Kings as a force multiplier, that could be the thing and the whole of the thing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

That, and Mottom kind of needs to believe this to be true because otherwise it means being a terrible person is her own fault.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

I used to picture 6 Jugs' tea ceremonies as a strangely calm and classy affair contrasting with his brutality and horrific appearance, but now I'm picturing him going through the ceremony sarcastically, and then devolving until he's shouting "HURF DURF I'M A HUMAN! I DRINK LEAF JUICE STRAINED INTO HOT WATER TO BRIEFLY FORGET I'M GOING TO DIE ONE DAY DURRR!"

Don't forget the ironic similarity to his own existence which he appears to have completely missed!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

And by "goddess" we mean that she is a goddess.

By which we mean that she can kill you and not have to say sorry.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I'm still hoping for "hilarious anticlimax where Allison turns Juggernaut Star into ash," although that doesn't really lead up to a twenty-page action scene.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The best part of 8 Juggernaut Star's tea monologue is that he clearly doesn't realize that what he's saying also applies to himself.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Begemot posted:

6 Juggs wants to topple them and then put one back up and leave it there forever.

Meti just wants to topple all of them.

Honestly, if Juggernaut Star ever got what he wanted, he'd just want to replace that god with ever fewer gods.

His motto seems to be "anything that wasn't done perfectly wasn't worth doing."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Cio isn't really the kind of person to wander in to fight a demiurge without having a fairly clear idea of how she might win, so I assume she knows something.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

So what's the difference between Royalty and all the idiots out there who are just stupid and impulsive but don't hold ultimate cosmic power?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The qualities they like to think of themselves as having are gendered as masculine by other people, and they like to think that those other people's opinions don't affect them.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

My mental voice for White Chain appears to be the cartoon version of Storm.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Allison's key unlocks them all. All the other keys unlock one, and are split seven ways among all the demiurges, some of whom have given them out to trusted servants apparently. Having a key is only one part of what makes the demiurges the demiurges.

At least that is my understanding of it.

Given the keys are powerful because they contain all the names of God, it seems like it would be possible for there to be duplicate keys, anyway, although the demiurges would probably prefer it if there weren't.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

VanSandman posted:

'Hilarious' just adds a little something special to their characterization that I love. Don't you dare change it.

Yeah, if the line is "fascinating" instead of "hilarious" you lose the part where Juggernaut Star has just mocked humans for possessing a trait he hasn't figured out also applies to himself.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Well, this bargain clearly has no devils in it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

It's interesting that in spite of the visual he's using, it seems like Incubus didn't actually offer those people muscles or magic or whatever, Ursula-style. He just twisted about in their heads a little to make them really want to be powerful more than anything else instead of sitting around waiting for things.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Is it really hand-me-down power if she knows Incubus wants something from her, and she's being up-front about the fact that she's accepting the deal but will murder him (and Allison seems to think she can totally do that if necessary) if the deal turns out to be a terrible one?

That actually sounds pretty close to on-the-level.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

prints please

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I think it's worth noting that the comic talks a lot about Royalty but also seems to be fairly aware of how Royalty is a great way to conquer the universe but not a great way to actually make yourself happy. "Being a furious dumbass" is a path to power but it's not the end-all-be-all of the work's ethos.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I don't really see how Erfworld is either like Homestuck or fetishistic.

If I were going to describe it, I'd say it was about a wargames genius transported to a world of wargames, where he learns a valuable lesson about how people's stupid drama will interfere with the perfect strategy every drat time, like seriously Wanda can you keep it together for ten drat minutes?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Can devils actually rank up through growing as a person?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

True Royalty is the friends you made along the way

I'm pretty sure that is the exact opposite of the case.

Royalty is something you do instead of growing as a person, so you can kill all the people who did.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Dead Reckoning posted:

If you consider Cio's relationship to Allison to be friendship, you need better friends.

It's more like Allison expertly maneuvered Cio into exactly the correct position to hit her with the Power of Friendship and help her become a better, happier person, and then did the exact opposite of that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Probably someone has to replace the door to open it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Just feed it a priest; apparently there's plenty. Or a mimic!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

For a second I thought the link said it was a guest strip by Giselle Lagace, and I boggled for a minute.

Although that would be awesome.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Somebody suggested somewhere that Mammon is dead and is being sock-puppeted by his priesthood, but I think it fits better with what's going on with Allison if he's alive and is being sock-puppeted by his priesthood because he's just so damned miserable that going with whatever the sociopathically ruthless voices in his head-shaped chamber want to do is the path of least resistance.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The priests are secretly giving all the money to charity, and the massive security is to stop Mammon from finding out.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

All the money is in banks*, and the Infinite Vault is just full of mementos of Mammon's adventures.

*and the stockmarket

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

Scrooge McDuck.

No, it's totally Richie Rich.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

The God Learners were basically cultural appropriation with a wand.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Poltergrift posted:

Cio reads to me as either Priestess or, maybe a little too obviously, Devil; White Chain might be Strength, Justice or the Tower; Nyave, not 100% sure, but maybe Lovers, or Priestess if Cio's Devil.

I might put Nyave as Temperance.

White Chain strikes me as being The Tower; she's basically a giant stone structure made of false consciousness just waiting to fall over and find her true self.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Poirot would look upon the shape of the universe (it is somewhat wheel-shaped) and freak out because it's only somewhat wheel-shaped and not symmetrical.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Either #1 is refusing to listen to any of this nonsense so she can murder these jerks guilt-free, or she’s really, really confused right now.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I presume Zaid is going to live, if only because it would be kind of lame for Alison to go on this incredible journey out of the obligation to rescue him, only to not do that, and then go on to finish her journey of self-discovery over his corpse.

I doubt he'll be important, though.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I was going to say that Royalty was indistinguishable from being a furious dumbass but maybe Bob Ross stands as proof that it's possible to be Doing It Right.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

PetraCore posted:

I'm still bummed the dialogue on the tea page was changed.

It's truth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

nimby posted:

Allison is creating a katamari of pursuers. Every new challenge she overcomes adds to the group.

Eventually they give up all hope of ever capturing her, because goddamn, but they continue to pursue her, because being slightly too far behind her at all times is a great way to not be in front of her.