Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

What is Kill Six Billion Demons?

quote:

A conquering king must come with violence in his self of selves. He must splay the guts of his enemy with no weapon but his hearstrings. His lips must spit sweet music that pulverizes his enemies, and his eyes must tell a brain-cleaving tale of loveliness. He must quench the sword of his tongue in the love of his enemies.

When does the comic update?

quote:

Oh killer of men and splitter of fate, cut us the path with your blade, tempered well in the hot breath of the dying

What are the themes of this comic?

quote:

Who might this be? Her last name happens to be ‘Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones’, but we are uncertain of her first name. Perhaps you can elucidate us?

I really like this, is there any ways I can help the author?

quote:

“Next I wyll speak on the Ymps, or Blue Devyls. Ymps are flymsy of Body but possesseth a Tongue most vyle and skylfull in the Art. The Blue Devyl possesseth Skin of nyght-hue, hyr Mask is royal, and hyr Blood is ebon. Ymps have a certyn Fondness for Lyquor and Vyce that suiteth a crafty Sum’ner well should he wysh to gayn Employment of these Fiends.”
Thulsa Drulle’s Daemoniac Maleficum

mr. stefan posted:

No don't having a thread curses webcomics to shitness, don't you dare risk k6bd

quote:

“The lightn’ings on which they rode were bent with talon’d lash,
An’ few there were that rode ahead and batter’d out their path,
But others reach’d with grasping hands to pluck fools from the fray,
An’ best as known them sorry souls are ridden to this day.”
– Folk rhyme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hakkesshu posted:

Every time I see this posted it looks loving awesome, I would probably love it. I really can't stand reading webcomics, though, something about that format always bugged me. Has the author said anything about it getting printed?

quote:

Abbadon
August 21, 2014, 10:51 pm | Reply
I definitely plan to take it to print somehow, stay posted as to what form that will take. I will definitely at the least be recoloring all the earlier pages and doing a lot of cleanup all over. I work all digitally, I used to do all my inking traditionally but it stymied my creative process pretty hard. Thanks for the good vibes!

I haven't read anything else.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cryophage posted:

In some universes the battle tank was created - an armored shell protecting a core of weak flesh and razor sharp reason.

In many ways, an angel is perhaps similar, a fired stone or metal shell protecting a controlled nuclear explosion skilled in millenia old martial arts.

Perhaps.

I was going to put this in the OP but I forgot where it was first posted and I forgot it existed.

Thanks Cryophage you glorious bastard you

Error 404 posted:

Awhile ago I read the first few pages. I keep meaning to go back and read the whole thing.

The art is loving incredible.

I have re-read this a couple of times, art is still loving incredible.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Autonomous Monster posted:

Update! :neckbeard:

So. The boy is Zaid, right? 6 Juggernaut Star also thinks he's the successor?

I honestly think almost everyone in this world thinks he/she/it are the successor in some level.a

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Hahaha, seeing the bonewheel skeletons just chilling out when not forming a kickin' rad motorcycle fills me with joy.

This, this is truly the best

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Tollymain posted:

that poll is pretty sharp, and balanced like a good blade

No the poll is pretty dull, and uneven like my poo poo posting

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

So is skelecycle gon be added to the op or are you saving that for readers to run into themselves.

'ere ya go

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jackard posted:

So now that the patreon reached 2-3 strips a week, when does this comic update?

Tuesday/Friday

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yadoppsi posted:

Saw this thread pop up yesterday and I read the comic all the way through the night. Its is quite amazing. But now I have to wait for it to update week by week :qq:

Oh boo hoo, at least he is updating twice a week now instead of "whenever i can"

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

SexyBlindfold posted:

Aw man, I really wanted this thread's title to be "Terrible violence will surely be unleashed". Oh well!

I am sorry but you would not know violence even if it was beating the living hell out of you, you little poo poo.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

paranoid randroid posted:

e2. of course, Allison now has the surname Kill Six Billion Demons bestowed on her by Zoss, so maybe theyre not all that important

Both Alison and her creepy boyfriend have the name Kill Six Billion Demons.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Roland Jones posted:

Where was it said that Zaid has that name? The prophecy one of Jadis's followers read said the name, but it wasn't explicitly about Zaid, just "the Successor". Everyone just thinks it's about him, but given Cio and White Chain being in the picture as well I'm pretty sure that's Allison there, not Zaid.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-76/
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-77/
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-4-79/

Edit: Jagganoth asked the divine corpse who the boy was. The reply is that he is is the successor and his name is kill six billion demons.

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 12, 2015

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Roland Jones posted:

Yes, that is exactly what I'm referring to as "probably about Allison, not Zaid".

They are literary referring to Zaid, not Alison

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Roland Jones posted:

And? They're probably wrong. The only person who knows anything there is Jadis, and again, she never finished her statement. Meanwhile, Zoss explicitly called Allison by that name, and he gave her the key, not Zaid, and asked her to avenge him, which is what the successor is supposed to do. Everything fits Allison being the one, except the Demiurges and Juggernaut Star thinking it's Zaid, which is the only evidence that it could be him.

As of right now, the amount of information I have leads me to believe that either:
- Both are Kill Six Billion Demons and the succesor
- Either are Kill Six Billion Demons and/or the succesor
- None are Kill Six Billion Demons and/or the succesor

Jadis refers to Zaid as the succesor AND names him Kill Six Billion Demons. However Alison is most likely the successor to Zoss and Zoss refers to Kill Six Billion Demons.

TL;DR: speculation is kinda useless

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jackard posted:

Jadis never got around to adding 'consort' on the end of her sentence

I like this a lot

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

By “I like this a lot” I mean “I am imagining a picture of Alison sitting on a throne in a stereotypical angry kingly way with Zaid and white chain wearing stereotypical male (or possibly female) beefcake wear doing the stereotypical throne flanking female pose and Ciocie furiously writing her fanfic about Alison being a Coffee Barista a simple farm girl somewhere in the picture. Yeah, I would like that in a funny kinda way”

With that said I don’t disagree with you, all the current evidence we got points that Alison is the protagonist of the story ergo she is the big motherfucking cheese and Zaid is just the creepy bro in distress. But the problem is that the universe of K6BD is build around paradoxes and contradictory statements. So there is still a possibility that the Demiurges are ALSO right, or maybe they are wrong, or maybe they are both wrong, or maybe both Alison AND Zaid are the successor and Kill Six Billion Demons making both parties right and wrong at the same time.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Kill Six Billion Demons Plus One

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

Where's my update?

News flash: Forums poster "ReagaNOMNOMicks" is actually a really small female dog! More at 11~!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Say Nothing posted:

Why do people keep referring to Allison as 'Alice'?

Because people that can live for millions of years dont give a flying gently caress about the name of someone who can barely live a century. Especially someone with one name and a boring as gently caress name as "Allison".

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Fish Noise posted:

Things can be more than one thing.

Things can also be none and no one in here is correct.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I see delicious was a fan of Videodrome, LONG LIVE THE NEW FLESH!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

As a total nerd, a recovering weeb, competitive aggressive hugger, workout buff, OP and a drunk sailor I loving love drinking and getting drunk.

Which is why I quit drinking.

Edit: Ironically I barely drank in college

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I'm so glad i made this thread

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

snucks posted:

So hey can I purchase an official Kill Six Billion Demons stein or what

Probably the same place i can buy a "Reach Heaven Through Violence" K6bd rashguard.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Murder Musicals are my favorite.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

RoboCicero posted:

New update everyone!

In which we learn that Allison might have a self-esteem problem :(

as a former gigantic anime nerd there is a reason why i dont drink anymore.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

1 demon down, 5,999,999,999 to go :kheldragar:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cat Mattress posted:

For one moment I wondered if I was in the SFP thread.

unlike that comic, this one has an actual strong female protagonist.

fake edit: Also less goons being complete babies about webcomics.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Tuxedo, Luna or Moon Moon.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Double posting because i saw someone in the comments suggesting Moonshine, that would be a pro as gently caress name.

Fake Edit: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS - I'm drunk as hell and I have no idea what i'm doing.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I feel sorry for Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Daniels Thimoty Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire

“You wanna fight me too?” lmao

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

atomicthumbs posted:

if eating the first devil let her keep the gift of speaking whatever language, would eating those devils make you drunk forever

being perpetually drunk is the best because you would never ever be hungover.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mazerunner posted:

If the broom isn't also a big-rear end anti-tank rifle I will be just so upset, you have no idea

I think you mean anti-angel rifle, by YISUN how can you be so insensitive?????

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Anti-Materialism Rifle.

:vince:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

paranoid randroid posted:

this billy idol looking deva motherfucker seems trustworthy to me

What a funny way to spell out David Bowie.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Please dont call angles nukes.

Call them nuclear tanks, tyvm.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Does she even know why she wants to get closer to Mottom?

They are the reason why she is still a maiden.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

69 Boring Person Posts Random Word Stings

00 No Fun Allowed Ever Only Post What I Want

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

7 Don't Be Weird Dude

He is right thought, in all the threads I have seen you posting whenever people are shitpost and/or have fun you tend to become, to put it in very mild terms, an extremely poor poster who passive-aggressively backseats mods threads. So maybe your angel name should be "42 Shut Up And Chill Out For A Bit"?????

:shrug:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I don't think it's worth a derail, but that's just my opinion. Even if you have a very shallow impression of me/a grudge, I still don't think it's worth it! I also don't think your impression about me is worth a derail, but again that's just my opinion.

The thing is that you are like this in every single thread you post. I mean the common core here is you, but who knows maybe we will never learn why people like to give you a hard time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

:sigh:
*erases BravestOfTheLamps from the "bad poster" list*
*adds BravestOfTheLamps to the "Mediocre, but needs more work" list*