Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Anyone looking to click on a refer a friend link: http://www.swtor.com/r/VgpTq5

If you could click on it I would appreciate it :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

People keep asking about if the game is really f2p, and even preferred is pretty gimped. The game (the content that's out now and the stuff that's coming) is worth the 15$ a month. I would suggest, if you are interested in seeing what the game is like, getting a time card (and if you can get one with cartel coins that'd be nice too) playing till the end of that, and then deciding if you want to try to play as preferred.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

If you have them geared remotely close to your level, you'll be fine. I had so many basic coms running through the stories I was able to gear one companion about every 5-7 levels along with me. The armor type and the precise spread of stats don't really matter. but I guess goons gotta :goonsay:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I love spoilers. Post spoilers for everything, please, I for sure want new content I can't play yet spoiled for me.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Then... don't mouse over spoiler bars?

Thanks captain genius! In case its never happened to you, its really easy to accidentally mouse over them in the course of reading the thread.

Most of us want to actually see the stuff for ourselves instead of obsessively reading through the datamined poo poo so that there's actually something new to look forward to.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 9, 2015

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I dunno who clicked on my referral link earlier in the thread, but thank you very much for doing so. Thanks to you I got the speeder and a pet :3.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Can we just post pretty space princess outfits for some other kind of contest? I feel like it'd be fun to have a TOR: Wear This, Not That contest or something. Maybe a few of us could make a judges panel or something stupid.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Hulk Smash! posted:

Haha. I was going to suggest we do that a few weeks after KOFTE launches since - from spoilery sources - there's some new outfits available from then on.

Sounds like a good idea to wait then :). I'd totally be down for participating or w/e. I love space dress em ups.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

I've still never really done any of these events apart from just dipping my toes in the water. I need to stop futzing around with alts and actually try some of this poo poo.

I'll do it just as soon as I'm done leveling my latest alt

Yeah that's pretty much me.

Have some dressup!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

SKY COQ posted:

Great news for those of you ideologically correct enough to play Republic side: the Goon Squad glorious headquarters on sunny Coruscant now features a GTN station, mail, Legacy Bank (ok that was there before) and a few vendors to offload junk. Also: rugs!

Thank you so much! I will try to kick some cash into the guild bank when I'm around later.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I've really enjoyed the expac thus far- I think I'm only at the end of Ch.5/ start of Ch 6, but thus far I've really enjoyed a lot of the changes made.

Although there have been some disappointments >:I

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Medullah posted:

What's your in game name I'm kicking you out of the guild for talking poo poo about Talos. I only wish I could romance grampa with my female inquisitor!

He's supposed to be 27.

How, I don't know. Also yes, /gkick for hating Talos.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

trigger warning: troy denning

i read the first one of those books. I was so excited for the post yuhzahn vong poo poo, and then I read that and said, "yeah i'm done".

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Medullah posted:

I did Inquisitor and it makes me a bit sad that they didn't do (Inquisitor and KOTFE story spoilers) any references to him having experience with ghosts in his head. I DID love that they called me Darth Imperious though. I chose light side and released the ghosts are the end of his story, I imagine if I'd done dark side and kept them Valykorian might be a bit crowded in my head

drat it, I was so hoping I'd play it on Adonnta and she's be bickering with too loving many Force ghosts. Still gunna do it, I think.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I'm probably going to go through Ch1-9 or story stuff without grinding a lot of other alliance stuff on other characters because I like the story :3

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

It's good to be a Tank and get gear priority. Set bonus 198's are plenty for current NiM ops as well so you can run 7 Ops a week.

To be fair some I've got a few pieces of 220 since some drops on NiM are bugged.

the rest of us are just sitting here playing dress up, what is up with you.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Medullah posted:

Hahaha wow, just found out who the voice of Darth Marr is. Anyone watch Orange is the New Black?

i'm dying of laughter

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

I'll be around for this. From what I've read on other forums, it got nerfed super hard. Toth and Zorn don't get their buff from being close to each other. Hovertanks don't use Incinerate Armor or Double Destruction. Kephess doesn't use Breath of the Masters, doesn't pull people in before doing his giant purple circle, and the Trandoshan waves come out slower. It should be pretty much tank and spank.

I'll be down for this as well. I don't have a full tank set for Inkarisa, but I could probably buy one on Adonnta and shove it over with the 4.5 billion legacy armors I now have.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I just wish male togruta PCs would have montrals that were similar in length to female togruta. NPC male togruta still have the longer montrals and I like the look more. WAAAAAH.

I think I made mine look ok. But my tops montrals are always offscreen because I'm loving huge.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Running KOTFE through on my DS Inquisitor is actually fun and it makes sense for a DS Sith to be all *grabby hands* GIMMIE POWER PLZ where as playing as a LS Warrior is basically gently caress YOU SPACE DAD so half of the interesting poo poo you can talk to Valkorian about never really comes up outside of him being like "listen you retard, I've got mad wizard powers".

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I got the log regen item last night in a SUPERCRATE and I would like to thank you, Non-entity for it, and the item description.

Of course KAI ZYKKEN would have a log speeder.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Are we actually doing HM stuff again? I guess I better get Adonnta some decent gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I came back to the game because I want to have more story.

With the next chapter are we basically going to be hosed out of buddying up with Valkorion? I've decided I like Captain "You Can read me the Phone book".
Thoughts?

• Locked thread