Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

NYCC Cantina Code: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/xm5

also cough cough referral code http://www.swtor.com/r/4PV3r7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Not posting for the contest either and also not in the guild or even the same server but here are the fruits of my pretty-princessing labors:

Khrypto the Assassin, mishandling his saber:

Kharria the Commando, glory to the Republic, etc:

Sirlok the Guardian, standing on a couch:

Blastera the Gunslinger, did I mention her space guns:

Gobee the Juggernaut, all fat and sad:

Ibanna the Mercenary, living avatar of that Red and Orange dye you get from fleet:

Keot'ish'aura the Operative, agentus incognito:

Hamo the Sage, prodigal Jedgoon:

Treisa the Shadow, victim of unfortunate framing:

And last but not least, Leskoro the Sniper, robot man I'm saving for 4.0:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Annnnd I've now officially reached the point where some obviously superior mainhands (albeit green ones) are dropping off the KOTFE chapters but I wanna keep using my totally-awesome Kingpin's Pistol. The laser sight is SO COOL in cutscenes where I point my gun at things.

Also hah, I'm pretty sure I just found Bioware's method of accommodating new Level 60 players who may not have had the funds to buy a speeder; it's a exploration quest where you backtrack a short ways through a swamp, collecting speeder parts until you're able to salvage together the basic Taxi speeder bike, which you get as a quest reward. It's a good QoL addition.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

What setup are you guys using to solo the heroic star forts? I tried it on my dps jugg with a rank 9 or so talos healing and got obliterated in the last room; didn't even get to the final boss, the two gold mobs outpaced the healing.

Do I just need a better-ranked companion or do I need to be in tank spec? What if I set my comp to tank and switched to healer myself?

I ended up doing them all with a Sabotage Gunslinger geared with a mix of 208 and 216 equipment, plus Senya at rank 20 influence. Never had much of a problem with anything besides the Exarchs, who would often just go after my companion and leave me desperately trying to get their attention (and usually failing, because I've no taunting abilities). That, however, was only really a significant problem with the more tanky Exarchs like that rear end in a top hat on the Voss-orbiting station with the self-heal.

In any case, Unity and Heroic Moment are absolute musts, if that wasn't already obvious.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Anyone know if it's possible to (major Agent spoilers) become both the Hand of Jadus and a Republic double agent? My sniper wishes to weave one hell of a tangled web. :cool:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Beeme posted:

Or, has the questgiver for the revanite quest chain in Dromund Kaas been moved?

He has indeed been moved; he's over by The Wall (aka Lord Grathan's estate) now. You should be still good to do it if you've only completed your class story; not sure if you can after starting KOTFE, however, as it is one of those critical/purple story arcs now.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

loving Voss heroics, man. My Sage has PTSD after doing the one in the Nightmare Lands.

There is literally nothing about Voss that is redeeming, even its group content is painful and sucks.

The Reputation rewards blow too: A lame robe that's just a recolor of an existing Consular set, some titles that are practically useless unless you're role-playing a mystic, and a couple of decorations plus some dye schematics that are useless to me cause I ain't no crafter or even know any. Okay, that last one may be a bit subjective, but my point stands.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Eimi posted:

Something that always bugged me is how the Sith Empire has like the same drat uniforms as the Galactic Empire thousands of years later. Palpy must have been a REALLY dedicated historical reenactor. And it doesn't make sense for the Empire to have them, because they were former Republic officials and just :psyduck: Like I know just from seeing the armor sets or looking up pictures from the comics, the Sith(race) had this really badass space Egyptian aesthetic. It'd have been awesome if they kept with that instead of dovetailing into "That's from a movie! I've seen it before!"

(I really love ancient Egypt and Arabia in general and I want to see more stuff based on them. :colbert:)

Republic officers (Clone Wars era and, presumably, before) also wore the same manner of uniform, right down to the rank insignia. Makes me rather confident that we're headed towards a "what's left of the Empire unifies with the Republic to fight the Zakuulians and then, afterwards, assimilate into galactic society thus explaining why Coruscanti have British accents by the time the movies roll around" ending for whenever EA decides to wrap up this thing.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Huh, I guess 4.0 cut some fluff out of the planet story arcs; the Czerka base at the end of the Tatooine one is much, much smaller now. Also the multi-stage bonus quest attached to it is gone too but whatever

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

More streamlined questing stuff: For that Alderaan quest where you have to set the Ulgos up the bomb, no more traipsing around their fortifications in order to get to the storage building containing said baradium detonator, for there is now a handy little ramp leading directly to the place. :keke:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

There's at least one exception in the Collector's Edition stuff (STAP, Flare Gun, Holodancer) eventually becoming available through the Digital Upgrade pack, however.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

shadok posted:

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to the web site? I keep getting LOGIN FAILED, but I know I'm using the correct login/password/security key. Also, I'm playing the game right now.

Well, I wouldn't suggest exiting the game at the moment; I'm getting the same problem with the launcher.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

That's actually pretty cool. More legacy storage of sorts. Hopefully the "stash" will allow DvL items.

You're in luck, it will, though packs already opened won't be affected by this.

Too bad I'm already at Valiant Level :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

A bunch of formerly-weaponless NPCs now do, for some reason.

• Locked thread