Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I look forward to 'cheap' hypercrate items. Hopefully anyway.

Also I believe I am 3 datacrons away (One on Balmora, Quesh, and the Fleet) from getting all of them in the game. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Same. I'm an RPG goon so I'm strongly considering playing KOTFE first with a couple of my characters I don't really care about to see how different plot choices unfold before playing one of the characters I'm somewhat invested in.

Probably my Inquisitor and Trooper first. Don't give a poo poo what happens to those characters in the story.

Heh that's interesting to me, as I'm kinda the opposite. My first character will pretty much end up being the 'canon' one I go with, mistakes and all. I don't entirely knowing what I will pick for optimum outcome or whatever. And while I don't outright avoid spoilers, I like going with my first reaction to stuff so to speak

My main mistake is usually not poking companions enough in BW games, not sure if that will trip me up in FE.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

I just realized that knights of the old republic and knights of the fallen empire are basically the exact same title. I'm the kind of dope that gives marketing people a reason to live

Heh seeing you put the two titles now makes me think it refers to the Sith empire rather than referring to the new Zakuul one. Also highlights that they know their bread is buttered upon the Imperial side. :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Huh, not even sure if I should open a ticket because the prinawe mounts aren't anything I'd use, but for whatever reason two of them don't exist on my mains vehicles section. Can't claim em via collections but my other chars have them. :iiam:

Eimi fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 9, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Medullah posted:

They're not as bad as they were before 3.0 at threat management. The biggest problem before was that Crushing Blow would only hit multiple targets if you used it on a mob that you had first hit with sundering strike, so if your DPS burned the mob you sundered you were down your biggest AOE threat generator until sundering strike was back off cool down. Now it works similar, it only spreads after you hit a mob with Aegis Assault but it's reliant on the buff Aegis gives you instead. Add that to smash and saber reflect generating massive threat you're in pretty good shape. They just lack a strong AOE opener like Wither or Firestorm. But Juggs are way more fun than Powertech so it's worth it. :D

If only the utility that reset Force Leap/Saber Throw every time combat ended reset Saber Reflect.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Rincewind posted:

I think I'll level my agent, since I really want to see the agent storyline but don't feel like sitting through all of the shared imperial quests again. I also want to eventually get my smuggler to 60, but since I haven't seen any Republic content past level 25 or so I'd be okay with not zipping past it all.

EDIT: Although TBH I'm not even 100% sold on smuggler, anyway. What Republic classes have the best storylines? The smuggler seems extremely.... Star Warsy, and she gets to constantly complain about being paid, both of which are things I like a lot, but at 12x XP I'd be willing to give something else a try. :v:

Smuggler is the least awful Republic story imo. Your character is such a smug little prick who you want to punch which is exactly how I feel a smuggler should be.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

sassassin posted:

Doesn't work if the cutscene is over and you discover that the decision you made on the phone to the guy trying to outwit you was actually final.

Or is there a way to reset a quest that is already pending rewards? Annoyed me a couple of times now.

edit: All the colonists were men, too. This is not how maximum flirt Jedi rolls.

If you open your quest log there is a reset quest button. It will start you over from the beginning but it lets you reset those 'final' choices.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Baron von der Loon posted:

I read that Shadow of Revan becomes free on October 27th. That means that I likely won't be able to play when KOTF is available for subscribers, right?

Gah, I know that it's only $20 at this point, but it feels like a waste of money when it's available in two weeks.

What's this about level syncing up to 65? Can you skip on RotHC and SoR if you want?

Edit: I'm trying to get some people back into the game, but the new content for KOTF is single-player, right? You can go through the thing with multiple players, but only the main character will get to make decisions, like with class stories?

Well the way FE works is that if you subbed from I think Aug 10 to now you'll get it a week early, on the 20th. If you haven't been subbed that whole time, you get it on the 27th when it officially launches. So you will get FE and SoR at the same time, so like you said better to say your $20.

Level synching works two ways. It scales you down on lower level planets, and it scales you up for Flashpoints. FE starts at 60 so you'll still have to do RotHC and SoR to get there.

And FE seems to be all single player, so you have that right.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Syrophenikan posted:

I thought I read it here or somewhere else, but when 4.0 hits, the 12x goes away and it just becomes 6x for class quests?

Also, I'm having a ton of fun picking this game up again after I stopped playing waaaaay back when Explosive Conflict was released. Such a fun game and good to play with goons.

Playing light side republic is fun to see the story, but I forgot how much I tend to hate goodie-two-shoes, especially when the Republic side is swarming with them. Although, it's the same when you play dark side Imperial...

What if you're like me and a total goodie-two-shoes on Imperial side? :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Agent is the best Imperial storyline because it's written with the pragmatic get-poo poo-done mindset as a major option. With the Warrior and Consular I've found if you don't go to the cartoonish evil side it's easy to be shoehorned into your character saying poo poo like "I'm secretly light side but need to fool the Sith to bring them down from within"

You aren't entirely dedicated to bringing the Sith down from within, but you are pretty much cast as a good person, rather than just pragmatic or what have you. It does work best if you view your motivation as more change the Empire and make it less lovely, I certainly don't see the LS war as a double agent or someone who wants to be a Jedi. I guess I like that aspect of a person born in a darker place and working to make it better for themselves and other people, rather than just trying to defect to some place better. Think of it as being a noble who actually buys into the idea of the nobility, the whole "The highest distinction is service to others."

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Eh calling Marr Light Side is a bit of a misnomer...he's just more pragmatic lawful evil than the cackling "gently caress you got mine" neutral evil Sith like the DS Inquis or Palpatine. He is definitely bloodthirsty and loves war, specifically murdering the heck out of the Republic and Jedi.

In the comics he also drove a Moff who had lost a battle to suicide just by showing him his face.

The way I see Marr is that he wants power, but he doesn't care how he gets it. If he gets to be in charge by being nice to people, he's all for that. If he has to step over some corpses he doesn't mind that. But the fact that he is willing to be nice to people is a big step up and makes him interesting. Also the whole hatred of the Jedi thing is still kind of justified even for a LS Sith. You have to remember that the Jedi and the Republic nearly wiped them all out in the Hyperspace War, which to the Republic was some minor thing, but to the Sith it was the whole near end of their civilization. It's also why everyone trusted Vitiate for so long, because he lead them to safety.

As for Marr's face, my bet is him looking like this

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Lies and slander. Behold! The visage of an empire...

Search your feelings; You know it to be true!

Did you mean ? :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Oh hey, we actually won conquest this week. :eyepop: What's the good thingy I should take again?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Medullah posted:

Nothing, it's broken so we don't get rewards.

I have the reward screen on my char. I guess I got lucky? So I can definitely take a thing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The DS Jedi options are either as Cythereal said cold, logical, and practical (that just happen to kill people) or for the Knight they are more, this is good for the Republic but not morally good. Sadly there are plenty of puppy kicking ones that really conflict with the narrative, and the narrative doesn't change much to reflect your choices, you're just randomly an rear end in a top hat sometimes. The biggest thing was at the end of JK they named you a general and not a Jedi master but I guess that got papered over.

The most interesting thing is the JK followup quest on Rishi, where you have to run a standard mmo quest because your masters ghost is a jerk trying to stop you from being emo about all the bad poo poo you did off screen and thus have no reason to feel bad about in act 2. The ls choice is to wipe your memory and forget about it, while the neutral one is about how you should bear your scars and not forget about them. I thought that was cool, but of course it's just a tiny thing on Rishi so yeah.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 15, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Alter Ego posted:

E: I want the idle lightsaber animation that the Sage has for every single-blade class, because it's the best :swoon:

Looks a lot better than what Juggs get for sure. I'd just prefer anything than the Jugg idle pose. (Nonentity halp)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Alter Ego posted:

And everything is better than what Jedi Guardians get. I MUST ALWAYS HAVE A TWO HANDED GRIP ON MY SABER :byodood:

Honestly one of the best features in FFXIV is that they designed a ton of different idle poses, both without a weapon and with one out and they let you swap. I'd love to see /cpose in SWTOR. Not just for weapons but also because the basic idle pose is boring too.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

I'm sure everyone does this, but it still looks hilarious.

Hi I just finished playing Dragon Age, why do you ask?

I'd also like to say, pvp in this game is loving awful as a Jugg and this conquest week sucks. That is all. :suicide:

Eimi fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 15, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

So hey today the new launcher decided to take a crap and just not work. I only have The application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again. Is there anything I can do?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

We can still hope that maybe they would dedicate one chapter to your class or something. It really depends. For example Warrior and Knight's main hook is dealing with Vitiate which fed into Ziost and feeds into any stuff that deal with him from now on. So their 'hook' can be dealt with in the main story. I suppose you could expose the Star Cabal or something. And then other stories are more done, like I think Consular and Inquisitor are done as far as narrative force and more story with them would be about the day to day stuff of being one of the most powerful dudes on their respective faction.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also I still can't get my launcher to work, so any help, things I could delete, how to force the repair, would be welcome before I just try and reinstall the game. :v:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

What's happening, specifically?

There's about a half dozen different launcher issues with different fixes.

All it would say is "The application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again." I just ran some launcherDiag thingy and it worked now. So no idea what the gently caress was wrong with it. I even restarted and it didn't do anything.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

And Rincewind now that I am able to log on here are some shots of my stuff. Nothing creative but might give you some ideas.

Valiant Jedi with dye

Revered Seer

I think I got this from Corellia but its just standard heavy armor pieces

Thexxan's robe, though it doesn't dye well

And Karnass Murr, probably my favorite overall which I'll use a ton more once the robe doesn't drape off speeders. :v:

And its not Jugg or Sithy armor but Commissar!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I'd imagine the Saul Karath or I think it's formal militant set are starter bases for that look. (I'd love if you could get a hairstyle like hers, but alas BW is terrible at hair.)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hulk Smash! posted:

All you people with the awesome outfits, don't forget to enter my contest to win some prizes! The details are in one of my posts on the previous page.

I'd rather let someone who really wants it win, I'm boring and stick to human or chiss. :v: (Sith if they had eyebrows)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Rincewind posted:

Oh wow, a lot of these are really nice-- especially Thexxan's robe! Maybe I should... actually spend money on cartel coins. I mean, the expansion won't cost any money...

Its great because unlike a lot of butt capes, its split in two, so it will never clip through your stomach.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Catsworth posted:

Leveling my agent before 12x ends that I made forever ago, Sniper because my Smuggler's a Scoundrel, I kind of miss having stealth but it almost doesn't matter because I just hit so loving hard. Suppressive Fire alone is enough to take out a group of normal minions and then a plethora of strong single target attacks make quick work of anything stronger.

I think I like it. :shepface:

You have discovered the secret to playing a proper sniper. Now rename yourself to Cy'ril Figgus and it will be perfect. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgkFe5HYqY0

Also speaking Sniper and dress up, I'm looking for a rifle that looks like the Exitus rifle from 40k because I want to have a LIIVI costume.

(Note this is bigger than a person)

Eimi fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 17, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Whelp got all companions to max, except Skadge. I am glad that's finally over. The fact that handing over gifts has a cast time and you can't do it in stacks made that far more horrible than it deserved to be.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

-2k affection on mine. :v:

Skadge, Xalek, Scourge, Tanno Vik, and Qyzen Fess are the companions I've skipped maxing. Would have skipped Kaliyo if my agent wasn't my very first character and had maxed everyone.

I do wonder what if any difference that will make in KOTFE.

Also I see why people like Nadia, she has a ton of quests. Far more than any other Act 3 companion. Also the only apprentice you actually teach. Kira, Jaesa, and Ashara are more or less fully trained when you get em and they just hang around.

Scourge was cool though? :confused: Rusk is just boring angry soldier man. The only two that I really hated were Skadge and Kaliyo.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 17, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Hahaha. I just hear DS Jaena is a lot of fun plus ROMANCE

I can't really speak to the quality of her romance, but I can say that of any romance, Lana Beniko or Theron Shan are probably the best bets going forward. They play a big role in SoR, and are most likely going to keep playing a big role in FE, given both how recent SoR is and their popularity. No one knows which of the old companions are coming back, with 5 companions for each class, I cannot see them all being story relevant, so some are most likely going to get cut. I mean the cast of what 11 or so in ME2 was insane, I cannot imagine a cast of 40. :v: And there should be new story companions in FE so yeah...if you want a romance that matters and is interesting going forward bet on Lana or Theron. Or some new FE person.

Also Vette is a romance, DS Jaesa is...well she's every bad roleplayer who is into BDSM. Also cucking.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Zotix posted:

Hey guys, haven't played since launch but thinking of picking this up again with the new expansion. As with most MMOs there are fun classes, there are OP classes, etc. I don't care about story too much. When I played I played a sentinel, the dual light saber weilder for the light side. I got to max level and had some decent fun until I realized illum was broken.

Which of the two SA guilds are more populated right now?

We are Empire side. Class balance is pretty good in pve atm, no idea how it will be later on, though Marauaders are no ones favorite. Powertechs and Sorcs are really safe bets. But you can make anything work.

Also Medullah the servers are laggy as hell atm, and it seems to be on their end, so I hope it all clears up by the time we try NiM stuff. :ohdear:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Speaking of ruining all your hype, I know I posted earlier about how my launcher has just decided to not work, and someone said the same today. Well it seems I got early access a day early! As my launcher is now totally hosed. It isn't even giving me an error message now, it just says initializing. :confuoot:

Seriously tempted to just reinstall.

Also the influence sounds good. It isn't as good as Friend/Rival from DA2 was, but hey better than them just being a negative nancy all the time.

Is there any way I can trigger a game repair or something so I don't have to reinstall the whole game?

Eimi fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 19, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

Tech staves are dumb as poo poo anyway.

So are saberstaves. Looking forward to switching all of my Jedi companions down to single blades.

ALSO: With the sheer number of companions we'll be picking up post-KOTFE, I'm wondering if the game will still keep us in tiny ships.

When the game launched I started trying out Jedi Shadow because I was a rogue in WoW. Thanks to the saberstaff that didn't last long. I appreciate that some people like it, but I'd prefer even dual wield. In the end more options = better.

Cythereal posted:

I've noticed doors that lead nowhere on every ship. I think there's room to expand. Also I'm guessing there's going to be a cap on the number of companions we can recruit, be it a hard limit or story branches granting certain companions but not others.

That kind of thing is why I spoil the hell out of myself or play a disposable character first.

Whoa whoa whoa. If they expand ships they better add wall hooks. Specifically a place I can store my Shepard like collection of model ships. :colbert:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tuskin38 posted:

"All players' Affection totals will be converted directly into Influence at a 1:1 ratio, so you keep the points that you’ve gained thus far; however, Influence goes beyond the previous 10,000 limit for Affection. You’ll be able to gain even more Influence with each of your companions!"

So even if you had done it, it still would have mattered, some.

Don't forget the +10 presence per. Totally worth it!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

SKY COQ posted:

Ensign Temple can finally get a proper master!

If you could tutor Temple to be a proper Sith that would own. Really, I just want an apprentice character I actually teach. Jaesa is cool but she is more like my gal pal since she was fully trained when I got her. I want to play Yoda to someones Luke drat it. :negative:

RentACop posted:

My worry with the companion changes is that they'll lose their unique abilities and some of their individuality but then, I mean as it currently is Vector can be unique all he wants melee dps is still getting sidelined almost all the time (in my experience)

Eh HK and Treek are the only unique ones, and I imagine the flavor abilities will stick around, so Temple will still have a Force blast, Tharan will still summon Holiday, etc. HK and Treek will become more normal though for sure.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 20, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dexo posted:

Consular teaches the hell out of Nadia, and it's pretty awesome.

At least the female one does. I assume the male one is too busy having sex with her.

Yeah Nadia is awesome. Surprising too since she's an act 3 comp. Granted even if she was cross faction at this point in the story she'd be fully trained, if by nothing else but the virtue of living til then.

As for new comps we have no idea, beyond that betting on Lana and Theron is a really safe bet. Also that Nico my caesin is here dude too. There are more beyond them but who are they? :iiam:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Nadia's helped a lot, in my opinion, by her showing up long before she joins as a companion. There's a pretty good character arc to her that happens through more than off-screen adventures, and that's more than can be said for most companions - it's all about her personal growth and journey.

One of my favorite characters in TOR, and definitely my pick for the character with the best story arc to her. Lokin and Forex are funny as hell, but they don't really change throughout their conversation lines.

Having just done a ton of affection grinding, I'm pretty sure she has the most quests of any A3 comp by a mile too.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Really cool trailer, but as Mr Plinkett says, we can't be taken in by well shot, well edited trailers, no matter how cool they are. The Phantom Menace and Dead Island had amazing trailers too. :colbert:

Also something is really hosed up with me that I identify more with the Empire imagery than the Republic. That's....probably not a good thing.

The saber hilt is still dumb.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I didn't see any Republic imagery. The impression I'm getting is that the Empire's kept chugging on, worse for the wear and down a few notches, but still present and powerful.

I am, however, pleasantly surprised that our apparent protagonists are a woman and a black guy.

Well I guess the good guy stuff, ie X-wings and Stormtroopers and TIEs getting busted up.

Also I'd have preferred if the woman was the main character and the black guy supporting, but it is better than just a white guy as the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

True on all counts.

Seriously, though, you'd think the Disney conglomerate of all media empires would be pushing for one of its live-action big-budget minion companies to do a woman lead before 2019 or whenever the Captain Marvel movie is scheduled.

That's a I dunno I am shocked that Captain Marvel took so long to get made, but I guess isn't her power level bigger than every other Avenger? Also I really hope they use the Muslim version of her. That'd be great.

Also aren't there very, very few female comic book heroes that are you know, actually heroic and appealing to women as opposed to sexy fapbait?

• Locked thread