Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Manic X posted:

I hope this season emulates the success of season 2. Season 3 had cool moments, but the direction felt a little lost. Season 2 also had the very well acted Slade villain.

This years villain will be armed and dangerous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Kegslayer posted:

I want to see him go full blown Quarles and just have the entire team go :gonk:.....we should let the police take this one....

If they start mentioning missing male prostitutes we all know where they are.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ApeHawk posted:

Oliver: "Thea almost electrocuted someone to death!"
Barry: "Almost? Man, I shocked some dude so hard last night, he literally shattered."

Last week I poisoned a dude with radiation

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

flosofl posted:

"So. Behind my back your spa-date was really digging up my dead girlfriend and crime-fighting partner, flying with her corpse to Nanda Parbat, resurrecting her despite the clear affect it had on Thea, and coming back with a Pet Cemetery version of the person she was. Do I have this straight?"

"Ollie, I'm not understanding why you're so upset! I'm going to stand over here and pout while your sister flies into an irrational rage and tries to kill you"

Do not worry they have a guy. He may smoke and is a complete rear end in a top hat but you can trust him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

She's good for 6 months. Then they just kill her again, and re-revive her.

Or she sleeps with John Constantine and she dies again, but this time her soul is also eaten.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Senerio posted:

And then she'd die, because she's a woman in Supernatural.

No she will be okay, as she will be recast and then killed, for the second time.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Its also one of his best friend's sister's funeral. It could be anyone.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Except Felicity never went on a dumb rampage against him.

The writers set him up as a friendly rival by having him take over the company (and "steal" Felicity) from Ollie which was fine, but went overboard when he decided The Arrow was the enemy, lured him into a trap and zapped Roy with a million volts of electricity.

Then he found out he was mistaken and joined the team. In Superhero team up it always starts with a fight due to a mistake.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Not to mention he lost.

And and... the difference between Ray and Tony is that Ray needs lots of money and fancy tools to make his creations. Whereas Tony is capable of creating a kickass suit in a motherfucking Afghan cave using nothing but metal plates and a blowtorch.

Scraps that were the pieces needed to build weapons of mass destruction.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Did they try guest?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

X-O posted:

Staggeringly unqualified person possibly becoming mayor of a big city is possibly one of the most realistic plot lines this show has ever done.

Next you will tell me a comedian with no political experience will be elected president of Guatemala

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Of all the people to wander on to that island, Constantine seems the most natural...Why is he there? He's John Constantine and that's just what the gently caress he does.

He uses it to bury his enemies/friends.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Just how hard do you think it is to find the style of coat John wears?

Go next door to the Supernatural office and ransack Misha Collins wardrobe.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Whizbang posted:

Kord Industries represents DC's refusal to allow them to use Ted Kord, and who is more villainous than the assholes who run DC corporate?

Bob Kane

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Whizbang posted:

is an rear end in a top hat from DC corporate, yes.

Nope he got DC corporate over the barrel.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I mean, as cool as "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY" is, it's never going to be as boss as "I am the NIGHT."

Ollie never pissed himself when he first appeared.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

McSpankWich posted:

Then restore Caity Lotz to her rightful place as the superior black canary

Will it involves her bringing Oliver to a hippy retreat in California then ditching him?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Azubah posted:

Has he teamed up with the Russians yet in the flashbacks?

Yes season 2. Anatoly Knyazev was on the sub with him.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

It's amazing how far Arrow has come. 3 years ago, Arrow was this grounded low-budget Nolan Batman ripoff trying to find its feet, and now, in addition to ushering in an avalanche of comic-book shows, its spawning a spinoff about a man with a shrinking suit, 2 hawk people, criminals with a heat gun and a cold gun, a reanimated corpse, and two people who fuse into a flying, fire-throwing man hopping in a space ship to to travel through time and stop an immortal man. This is after a speedster threw a supersonic punch to knock a super-intelligent gorilla through a breach that leads to Gorilla City on Earth-2.

Also man that is a shark

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

I liked her a lot more when she was using her considerable legal talent to help Team Arrow. I think she was a lot more helpful then than she is now.

So the beginning of season 3?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

But if her death is only to advance the plot of Green Arrow against whoever killed her than it would be fridging. The first female Robin was a fleshed out character but her death is still considered a fridging because it was only done to motivate Batman.

Her death was also due to a close friend of Bruce letting her die to teach him a lesson.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

I'm still mad they did that to Leslie Thompkins.

Do not worry it ended up being a lie as it was to teach Bruce a lesson about lets say leaving a note.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

XboxPants posted:

Gotta wonder. I suppose it's possible that when Oliver was declared dead, he lost all his money (went back to his family or to the gov't or whatever) and he never bothered to set himself up as deeply as he had been before. And Thea only turned 18 around the same time that Moira got arrested and lost the CEO position, so maybe she never had a huge personal account either. Moira and Walter had it all.

...you know, I bet Walter got an epic fuckton of money from that divorce, they never really touched on that. It's entirely possible that he's holding the largest surviving share of the Queen wealth.

(Unless you count Felicity, since she now owns Ray's company which absorbed whatever was left of Queen Consolidated)

Walter helped keep the company from the take over in season 2, and then deathstroke helped to ruin the company. Their personal wealth was tied in with Queen Inc and as he said he is rich poor.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

There was also the fact that he was not going to tell her about it that really pissed her off.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

There is no way that its Felicity in the grave from this shooting. It looked like the funeral did not take place during the winter. More importantly Barry is not busy with Zoom right now, and if it was Felicity the funeral would be a couple days after the event.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

I couldn't watch the second season with the new Spartacus actor for more than two episodes. The acting is just really bad, and Manu/Katrina can't really save it.

He ends up making him his own character and the season ended really strong.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

It's not even just DC shows - Forever did it as well (I miss that show); and iZombie does it. It appears to have become the standard opening for any vaguely hipsterish show. I didn't mind it with Arrow, I even don't mind it if all the arrow spin off shows do it, as a kind of family trait, but when everyone is doing it it becomes kinda cringeworthy.

B5 also changed the narration every seasons. I think its a way of getting across the premise of the show for new viewers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Thwomp posted:

Oh my god this is the worst derail.

Back to Arrow speculation: I want to know what the person in the grave's death will make Ollie do to take on Dhark. I'd be up for a half season of supernaturally powered Arrow.

I hope he gets it with an 80s montage to an 80s power ballad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Soothing Vapors posted:

Next you'll tell me some crazy movie studio will put a wisecracking talking raccoon in the same movie as a grimdark berserker with a tragic past

I am sure that will get a Dirty Dozen of people in the theater!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

drat Malcolm, you dick.

They now have something in common

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

They did it that way because it was a retcon. They decided the last X years of the character was actually the daughter, instead of actually transitioning at some point.

The one who did anything anyone knows or cares about was the younger Canary, including the one the show's version is based on. I read somewhere (probably this thread) they had her called Dinah during production but it's a weird name that doesn't work being spoken, so they changed it.

There is and only ever has been one Canary in New 52, and she's not really either of the previous ones. She's been changed in like every way.

It was more that one was involved with the JSA and a character that occurred in the Golden Age of comics. This was all on earth 2 and eventually during a team up on earth one and two, the original died and her daughter went to earth 2 and stated a relationship with Green Arrow.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

What I wouldn't give to see Cassandra (or her father) show up on Arrow. I'd say its impossible but we somehow got a version of Nyssa.

They have been introduced in the new Batman weekly series.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Constantine has been in hell before and he will be there again.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Krad posted:

S3's second half started pulling for the Olicity coupling that would later destroy the show. S4 started off with Oliver baking pies and living in the suburbs. I still have no idea how anyone actually enjoyed the beginning of this season, really. And Felicity is not the only problem here, either. Why does everyone Oliver knows have to become a super hero? The show worked much, much better when it was just the Arrow alone in the field with maybe Diggle serving as his occasional backup (and then Sara but she came and went a lot). Having three sidekicks with him at all times feels like overkill, not to mention the only purpose Speedy/Laurel serve is to get knocked out as soon as the fighting starts.

Basically I miss rear end in a top hat not-Batman Oliver.

Everyone forgets Roy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

Am I a bad man for wanting a Cold and Merlyn spinoff show? They can just buddy up and go on adventures.

Break out of prisons

• Locked thread