Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: Roy flips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I still like the show and the Roy gifs are always hilarious. If / when he shows up this season, he better flip on something or someone.

Aphrodite posted:

I'll always prefer this over Flash because Green Arrow and Black Canary are way cooler than Barry Allen.

Ya but Barry can solve all Oliver's problems in like 2 seconds. See: busting them out of league prison last season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Finally it looks like we are getting some traction on the most important plot that has been around since season 1:

(whoever made this gif I love you)

I hope the flashbacks this year are less poo poo than the ones they did for season 3. God those were so loving bad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

*camera pulls back, revealing the top of a grave stone, continues to pull back revealing the carved words:*

*SEASON 3*

brilliant

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Felicity: kind of a poo poo CEO

I hope her plan blows up in her face and costs the job of even more people in the long run :twisted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

You know, besides the board room hilarity, I forgot how loving easily Oliver infiltrated that group on the island.

"Yea he totally stepped on a landmine. Gotta take my word for it."

"Hmm guess so. Btw do you want his job? I also believe you have been here for 3 years because you ripped your shirt and put some dirt on your arms. I better not ask to see where you lived or for any sort of proof."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oracle posted:

Is that what that's supposed to be? I thought it was a magic herb field. Aren't poppies red?

mirakuru poppies. :v:

the strongest high!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

Oooooh, it's Ray hacking Felicity's phone.

its ok, ill just reboot it - master hacker Felicity

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

That was a callback. When Ray went crazy overworking himself last year she changed it to that and finally told him the password after he gave her the D.

Still terrible. Also I hope Felicity has another backup if Mr Terrific couldn't brute force that password.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

Funny how John Constantine went to a jungle island in the South China Sea in his regular clothes.

magic!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

I actually kind of appreciated when Constantine said the Island is some sort of nexus for evil bad poo poo. It makes Slade's line in second season "That Island has a hold on you" something more sinister and deliberate. That the Island literally marks you with bad juju makes Sara's whole "Darkness inside of me" line literal. Probably not intended but I liked it.

I'm waiting for season 4 when Waller sends him back to the island to infiltrate a Russian gang.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I do like that the 2 worthless hawkpeople got clowned super hard the first time. Should've just stuck with that instead of lame timeline reset.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kater posted:

That scene was insane. Any human being not being controlled by a script would have flipped the gently caress out on her. I'm glad they loving erased it from existence cuz drat.

Anyways, now nominating Ollie Jr. for the tombstone.

It'll be his baby momma. Then Oliver has to adopt his bastard and train him like Robin Green Arrow's version of Robin. Hijinks ensue. Felicity is mad.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

opazlevi posted:

Come on dude. Look at what she looked like seasons 2-3 vs what she looked like in season 1.

She looks like a loving man now. Granted she's looking a tiny bit better but she's still hideous now. Looking at her and Caity Lotz side by side in that trailer only showed it more.

go on

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

No he inherited nothing because Thea was too mad to sign a piece of paper that would have saved their family fortune.

It was even better when Thea lost the bar too because she didn't remember that it was owned by the family trust or whatever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Soothing Vapors posted:

Damien Darkh: Hitler Did Nothing Wrong

Xtanstic posted:

Well that was better than Flash

Arrow > AoS >>>> Flash :colbert:

Super disappointed they didn't have the balls to kill anyone. That true believer guy was dead in like 3 seconds.

They could have at least killed Felicity's mom or something. I demand blood.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Mayor is a real job. He'll be employed soon.

I like that he is running unopposed. So of course he won't lose!

HIVE should just get literally anyone to run against him and they would probably win and have a mayor in their pocket.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bruceski posted:

"This is the only picture of Damien Darhk, aside from the ones we got by illegally hacking traffic cameras. You know, the ones that show him being chummy with the Police Chief. But that's okay, we're friends."

"Now why the gently caress aren't you people picking up trash while I gaze across the bay or talk with my friends? GET BACK TO WORK"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Warmachine posted:

This

And this. So much this.

loving LOL if anyone thinks Felicity is dead. Last season at this time Oliver got stabbed in the chest and dropped off a mountain.

What if she doesn't like tea?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

M_Gargantua posted:

Well Dharhk has been a lot of smiles and laughter.

The flashbacks are all smiles and laughter for the viewer. Because of how bad they are.

They are completely pointless now and should be dropped. It was bad and super boring last season and it's still more of the same this season.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I agree with this completely. I don't understand why they insist on keeping the flashbacks going at the point, as they lost their appeal seasons ago

how else will Oliver learn to trust other team members with his problems if he didn't remember that in a flashback?

and other important life lessons

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

It's just a flesh wound. Waller will just sleep it off after drinking some tea. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Amanda Waller is a codename, DUH. Just like James Bond :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

It's Malcolm in the grave, and Ollie is super mad at Damien because he called dibs.

i can get behind this

still laughing that oliver blew off his meeting with damien. now you will never be able to talk him down after snubbing him like that

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Barrowman should just take her to a hospice / palliative care facility and have her knife someone. Or just really old people.

They are going to die anyways Thea :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Or not killing Barrowman.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mooseontheloose posted:

Dude, Ollie at this point just kill him.

Seriously.

Oliver you are dumb as gently caress and everything bad that happens to you is your own fault. Just loving kill him holy poo poo this is painful.

also lol Nyssa just disbanding the league. If only Oliver was smart enough to think of such a cunning plan in season 3.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bbf2 posted:

I thought for sure that the stuff with Oliver stepping into the duel and even cutting off Malcolm's hand was a show and part of a bigger master plan that the two of them had constructed together.

But I guess it isn't? Which would be fine, I guess, but the thing that makes no sense is that apparently Oliver is able to completely kick Malcolm's rear end and neutralize him in like 10 seconds. So doesn't that make him a complete non-threat from this point forward? Especially now that he's missing a hand.

I like that no one bothered to pick up his hand so they could re-attach it. Dicks all the way down.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Damien Dharke please spend the rest of the season force choking people on other continents. This is a good and useful power to have.

Thank you.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In my head canon the rest of the season happens because Oliver snubbed Dharke for their meeting. He was obviously pissed enough to tell his wife.

"William I'm sorry your mom is probably dead because your dad, her baby daddy, couldn't make a scheduled meeting."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krad posted:

Can we somehow have Felicity be in that grave instead of her mom? It'd make me like the show almost as much as I did before.

Only if her hot mom turns out to be a pro hacker too and joins the team.

Alternatively I hope the thing in the grave is the terrible flashbacks. They haven't been any good since season 2.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Whizbang posted:

He's keeping them both at arm's length.

I'm still disappointed that he didn't pick up his hand to get re-attached, get a cool robot hand or get a super pimp fake hand that is encrusted with jewels.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I can't help but be offended that Felicity's disability might be undone with a simple computer chip (and a self-sustaining power source) embedded in her spine. I think the few episodes of Felicity getting used to the wheelchair and regaining her strength, self-confidence, and pride, all while continuing to be smart, capable, and sexy have been such a powerful story arc for her. It has been one of the highlights of Season 4, in fact. At least the writers haven't committed the common error of referring to her as "wheelchair-bound," which is wholly inaccurate, considering wheelchairs empower people with spinal cord injuries and other disabilities to be more independent than they would be without them.

This is close to my heart because I'm married to a brilliant and beautiful woman with a disability (who actually teaches a college course on Media and Disability), and this storyline even got her to start watching Arrow with me. She loved the conversation between Felicity and her former goth self, as she abandoned the pain meds and embraced her new identity, turning her limitations into newfound strength and resolve. I know the writers intended the Curtis Holt character to have the best intentions, but the idea that Felicity has to literally "walk" down the aisle to marry the love of her life is disappointing at best and offensive at worst.

After DC Comics undid Barbara Gordon's disability (after almost 20 years of Oracle being an amazing and unique character), I was really hoping the Arrow writers were attempting to rectify that with Felicity. There aren't enough people with disabilities on TV, especially ones treated as strong, smart, sexy characters.

lol

Lazy writing, yea sure. Offended? lmao

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

It's noooooot about yoooouuu ffelicity goddAMN

Felicity please walk into traffic.

I did love Vixen punking the gently caress out of Dharke though. Det Lance joking about all of Oliver's possible bastard children and Thea shutting down Barrowman were pretty good too.

Felicity and Barrowman need to gently caress right off though. The worst.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The person I feel really bad for is Oliver's campaign manager. Poor guy doing work everyday to give Ollie a huge lead then he gets shat on.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This Felicity stuff is just setting up for Laurel to get back in it :suicide:

then Felicity will continue to work as their hacker for reasons.

and Barrowman won't be killed off either for reasons.

Kesper North posted:

Felicity was bad.

I also thought Vixen was bad. Almost every single one of her lines was capital-b Backstory, delivered mostly in what sounded like a bored monotone. It was serious "as you know, Bob" level stuff.

I just don't know, show. I just don't know. I may leave you for Legends, which at least mixes crazy stupid with crazy awesome.

Give me a spinoff with Thea, Vixen and Captain Lance.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Neon Knight posted:

I have never taken Dark seriously as a villain. His continued obliviousness that Oliver is Green Arrow kinda underscores this. The fact that Malcolm, noted enemy of the Green Arrow, would come to you with a way to get revenge on Oliver Queen isn't even a clue?

Don't worry he's totally a threat now that his magic gimmick is gone and all he has is his army of worthless henchmen. Oh... :negative:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mooseontheloose posted:

I miss the murder list from time to time.

I was all for Oliver and Felicity being a couple until they decided to make Felicity's only purpose to find ways to destroy the relationship, they took away everything that made her great. She was supposed to be a foil for Ollie and Dig, someone who advocates for normal people and can tell them both to gently caress off. Now it's some weird spineless Felicity.

she got better :downsrim:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WastedJoker posted:

His only weakness is running a mayoral campaign.

He's good at pulling out of mayoral races, not so much for anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

They're filming a funeral scene this weekend, and it looks like it gives away who dies.

And the internet is freaking out about it.

Katie Cassidy has only been on set with brown hair, with Blackthorne in a wig, so it's a flashback. She's apparently not there in the present day funeral scenes, but Laurel and Sara's mother is. Nyssa too.

Obviously there could be more to it than that, but if they are actually tossing 3 years of making her character into Black Canary because of Tumblr shipping, I might just laugh forever.

oh my god this would be amazing.

• Locked thread