Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Come glide with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Let us not fall to our deaths but instead glide gracefully to our deaths.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
We have to save our world from the elder dragons. Grab your weapons.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
This is a 'Treemans'. They are Kill on Sight for this expansion. Do your part and kill these things!

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Mizuti posted:

Wonder if the Exalted's resemblance to the mursaat was intentional. They're both levitating, magical, golden people, which is weirdly specific. In addition to that, it's implied that their old followers (the White Mantle) are still active nearby the expansion zones. Having these mystery beings just be magical humans is underwhelming. Could've been a nice opportunity to resolve old plot threads.

Everyone expects them to be the mursaat which is why it will be a great twist when they turn out to be ascended quaggan.

Edit: Oh I just read the article, Ascended Skritt I was way off.

Joust fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 9, 2015

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

cpaf posted:

The last two years have been a steady evolution along the 'signpost fixing' gameplay schema that began when you left and you'll likely never catch up to the playerbase who have spent the last 24 months fixing thousands of signs

If your Signscore is below 1700 you will never get a group for anything.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

malhavok posted:

Omg is that an electro gun?

I hope it's a super loud annoying electro gun.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

brainSnakes posted:

Haha, holy poo poo I had no idea. making a legendary isn't a thing i've ever seriously considered doing so I hadn't bothered to check.

But i'm almost done making ascended gear so i'll need SOMETHING pointless to waste all my gold on soon!

You should at least do the first tier of precursor quests for it. If we can base it on the teaser for The Juggernaut then it will involve you travelling the world to understand what it really means to be a fish.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Moot quest will require you to drink and dance in front of world leaders and raid bosses.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Took Anet 3 years took me 3 seconds please hire me.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Dreggon posted:

Howler quest requires that you blow various NPCs across Tyria

Every RP'er is going have one at HoT launch.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Visidan posted:

Hey, I have the +10 infusions rear end in a top hat.

I prefer to keep that slot empty.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

8 Days away. Wowzers!

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

treizebee posted:

How long was the average wait for those of you eligible for the "bitter veteran" extra character slot?

Too long.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
But for real I think they do them in batches or something?

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Mercurius posted:

Due to lack of responses I have now sent Arus butterfly wings as it is a great injustice that ArenaNet did not just simply comp him an item with butter in the name.

He has 18 hours to craft the perfect screenshot.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Don't fart on an elementalist.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Chopping down trees all day to prepare myself.

Fakedit: And jumping off cliffs.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
We kill Mordremoth and all his power goes into scarlet.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Updated launcher available. Goodbye red tree, hello green cat.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Kessel posted:

"Mount Maelstrom:
Due to the weight of players, boxes surrounding the Golem Mark II have collapsed. Workers have carted their remnants away."

get hosed idlers

New strat is hit the boss then run away to idle.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

I'm so glad I have a claim ticket sitting around.

also

*The Bat Wings Glider Combo is now available in the Style category of the Gem Store. Unlock a giant set of bat wings for your backpack and a matching Bat Wings Glider for 600 gems total.

Anet is going to be rich. When they add in the black/white feathers glider they will drown in cash.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

CLAM DOWN posted:

^^^ lol so true

So it's every large event in this entire game

I don't think it'll be too bad in a few weeks when everyone understands it, but it isn't very good right now. Despite each of the 4 quadrants telling you clearly what you need to do, people are a bit dumb. Actually people on that map in general are a bit dumb in working out the meta event.

I think the meta on the third map is kinda cool but holy poo poo it will take a while for me to not get lost in there.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Eltoasto posted:

The biggest issue I had was just the scarcity of players. Tons of people are doing the xpac content, yet I am running around only occasionally seeing someone. If there were tons of people, then that champ wouldn't be so bad. I wonder if they lowered the number of players on maps to avoid issues, or maybe the whole dang thing is counting as one zone for number purposes.

Only place I've felt like there was a lot of people is in the last map, Dragons Stand. Just because it is a 3-lane map and you kinda have to congregate.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

I really like that colour scheme. Mind if I steal it?

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Turn into a Nuhoch and glide. You'll be glad you did.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
A Dragon is just a Bird you haven't met.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Lonk posted:

This is some loving terrible Spider-man cosplay. Get good.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Mercurius posted:

WvW Revenant. I like tablets and bees. Enameled Emblaze remains the best dye ever:

FYI you disgust this guy.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Endgame is logging back into gw2 after you've crashed.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Goodnight sweet princess.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I already knew this from the Beta but I fuckin' love Tempest. It's great for running around in a zerg and throwing out shields and heals all day. I literally cannot stop Overloading.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Unlocked advanced steering.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Imaginary Friend posted:

gently caress that airship jumping puzzle in Verdant Brink. gently caress it sideways!

I held off until I had advanced flying and then just flew in right below the summit. Felt good.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

TheLey-Guard shield and pistol are neato.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Tangled Depths is so bad that when I try to zone into it from Dragon's Stand it assumes I made a mistake and automatically ports me back.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

ItBurns posted:

list other 'noob indicators' please

Lack of pumpkins in your Guild Hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I refuse to do the living story while Rytlock is walking around in his welfare collection set.

• Locked thread