Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
SFD defeats another raid boss

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

That depends how willing players are to fight each other on a jumping puzzle.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Dorkopotamis posted:

The benefit of traps over other AoE, is that the enemy can't actually see them.
The other benefit is running them with trapper runes. Fighting a DH with trapper runes was pretty annoying since, unlike a trap ranger, they actually do something if you don't chase them, and they're not as reliant on utility slots for survivability.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Inflation in MMOs is weird because MMO money is basically a natural resource: The amount of it goes up when people spend effort extracting it, and then it goes up in smoke when they blow it on commander books or cultural armor or whatever.

I don't know how good those stats really are because it's ignoring that the endgame economy heavily shifted away from exotic equipment and towards crafting materials since launch for a variety of reasons. Gems are probably the only thing that matters for measuring inflation because the value of a dollar is far more stable than any item or even group of items in GW2.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Lyer posted:

You might be in for a long wait, Anet has let leather be fairly worthless since before ascended crafting came out.
OTOH it's pretty low risk since it's barely above vendor value right now.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

malhavok posted:

It's already up to 14c.
It's at 39c now :lol:

The real question is whether it's going to hard crash before the week's over before it goes back up again.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Lyer posted:

My gut feeling is the person/team responsible for the dungeons initially didn't mesh well with the culture/philosophy at anet, so as that team got removed/transferred, the company has always wanted to sink this content, but it was being utilized by a lot of the userbase and they needed to get other content online before they could move the reward systems.
I dunno about that since fractals were sort of supposed to be the successor to dungeons, and now raids are sort of the next step.

It's probably more that dungeon rewards were created around dungeons taking longer and being more difficult than they've become now that people have figured out what the easy boss kills are and how much of the difficulty can be bypassed, are doing it in exotic gear or better, and are doing it with gear that has actual stats instead of magic find.

I remember doing AC around launch and you couldn't beat Kholer then by stacking into a corner and face-tanking his dagger storm, but you can now!

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

I heard from somewhere that any guild upgrades that are queued when the expansion hits will complete, does anyone know if that's been confirmed?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Visidan posted:

People complained about the wvw reset change, they changed their minds and made it saturday mornings an even worse time. RIP.
The problem in the first place was that the period right after reset is the most active, and moving it to Saturday night meant less time to play on freshly-reset maps when people were on their day off. Moving it to Saturday is better in that respect, although Friday evening seems like the best (for NA players at least), so I dunno.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

malhavok posted:

Can you build guild upgrades if the requirements are still queued up?
No.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Weeeeelp, queued up and stocked up a ton of guild catas before the xpac hit, and they nerfed them. Prices down from 1.5g to 70s already. :suicide:

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

treizebee posted:

The new borderlands.
The new borderlands are neat in some ways, but I think I can sum up the changes as: It takes about twice as much supply to break open an objective at the same upgrade level in the same time, it takes more people to have that much supply because they removed +5, objectives are usually fully upgraded instead of usually not upgraded at all, and it takes twice as long to get anywhere.

So, I'm kind of expecting the new WvW to involve a lot of not capping anything until the other servers go to sleep. I'm especially not sure how this is supposed to accomplish the goal of reducing the emphasis on running huge blob groups when it takes much more supply to crack objectives open now, unless you do the oasis event, which looks like mostly a contest to win a big brawl in the center of the map..

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Raskolnikov posted:

So that new WvW map is super pretty and super abandoned. DOA? :ghost:
The matchup going on right now ends in less than 24 hours and won't affect rankings so everybody's in full DGAF mode.

CLAM DOWN posted:

How's the new WvW?
It's pretty dead at the moment because, well, see above.

I ran around briefly with a smaller group and all I can say is that I hope you like watching T3 wall and door health bars go down very, very slowly.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

ItBurns posted:

Crafting is, in general, a money pit and not necessary until you want to make ascended items which are a bigger money pit.
Huntsman currently makes 3.9g per day from just making daily timer items. If you have anything that can make Damask then that's another 5.77g per day due to the ridiculous profit margin on Damask Patches right now.

e: Basically, now is a really good time to get 500 450 Huntsman or 500 Armorcrafting and print money, or just stockpile the mats because the prices are steadily going up from the legendary crafting demand.

e2: Armorcrafting and nothing else makes 8.4g per day right now, and that's if you buy all of your materials from sell orders, which you obviously shouldn't.

You also only need to hit 450 to refine ascended mats, except for damask patches which need 500.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 3, 2015

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

malhavok posted:

All this just from doing the ascended time gated mats?
Yes.

As of last check, DSI costs 4.5314g in materials and sells for 7.7998g. Damask costs 8.4574g in materials, Elonian Leather costs 6.3314g in materials, put them together and you get a Damask Patch that sells for 23.1g.

Subtract -15% from the sell price from TP fees, that's ~2.1g for making a DSI, and 4.85g for making a Damask Patch, so yeah 6.95g per day right now for clicking a few buttons. And that's if you buy mats at sell order prices. You'll make the cost of hitting 500 back in a week unless the input/output prices change heavily. I'm actually expecting them to because the profit margin is stupid right now, and Damask Patches should have almost no margin because they're not time-gated, but even if that changes, Damask+DSI have made about 3g per day before HoT sent the demand way up.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Schpyder posted:

Time to order a new mobo, CPU, and RAM and hope I can get it to POST and the drives and GPU are alright. See you guys in a while I guess. :sadwave:
Go on Craigslist and buy a used machine from some college student, it costs like half as much and it's (more?) guaranteed to work.

Just make sure you wipe the hard drives and clean install the OS to get rid of the inevitable malware infestation.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Magres posted:

anyone got any advice for dueling necros?

most of the time i fight a necro i just go into the fight assuming im going to lose horribly because i have no idea how you're supposed to chew through that much goddamned health
If they're in reaper shroud then dump conditions on them and kite because they have no condition removal (they probably do have duration reduction on slowing effects though). If they're not in reaper shroud then CC them because they have no stab. They have no way to avoid your attacks either way other than dodging and their endurance regen sucks. Also bring good condition removal to get rid of the chill..

If they're not a reaper for whatever reason then get up in their grill because life blast fails to cast like 90% of the time if you're circling around them and they have no way to disengage. Also if you have a projectile reflect then just use that and laugh.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 8, 2016

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Behold the tactical guild banquet.

I think those things last for like an hour too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

ApeHawk posted:

But if you wanna run a healer in WvW zergs, other choices (Guardian, Ele, Rev) are better because they are more defensive-supportive healers than offensive-supportive healers and will actually keep the zergs alive.
I started running a healing engineer as a gimmick in WvW and it turns out that it's actually legit really good, and it's probably better now because the best thing it offers is a stupid amount of condition removal and a lot of the people that we're up against now are running condition comps with Epidemic.

The downside is that it does zero damage.

• Locked thread