Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
God drat it that stupid fractal boss was almost dead. :( And I was maybe going on non-baby fractals... Why, Anet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

love your avatar :3:

Thanks! It was done by a goon, modeled off a YOSPOS catte that very much looked like a vampire in one of her pictures. :3:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Joust posted:

Just remember the happier times

I took that exact picture, pls leave my hard drive

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Same. I love gliding and running around the big zones, but the actual content in them is lacking. And the need to grind events to accomplish anything is not a big hit with me, either. Is there a reason besides laziness they went with constant events as opposed to hearts?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Shows what I know. :downs: Still, running fractals and maybe trying WvW is fun enough for me I suppose... But that probably shouldn't be the main draw right after a brand new xpac?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

"Dumbed down" is a terrible way to put it. I play videogames like GW2 to relax/blow off stress, turn off my brain, and not think excessively. Just because I enjoy things like hearts "holding my hand" or telling me where to go/what do do, doesn't mean I'm some kind of idiot who needs a dumbed down game.

Same here. The main reason I'm just getting into fractals and stuff is because I like running around dicking with alts. Hearts would have been nice for the Maguuma mastery stuff, considering how many drat levels there are of them. Or maybe there's an easier way to get that exp that I don't know of? Map completion has been working very well for me for Tyria mastery, doubly so because I barely started on my warrior.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

I keep hearing that the next quarterly patch might address how stupidly grindy the Maguuma masteries are. I desperately hope this is true, even if it means waiting another month before it happens.

I've just been dicking around Silverwastes for the legendary mastery and luminescent collections, and drat if I'm not already over halfway to 5 million exp for the top Legendary mastery. As opposed to the slow crawl of my Maguuma experience, almost regardless of where I go. :sigh:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

So, SAB is leaving at patch tomorrow, right? I'm 7/8 for my second round of dailies, and would really like to get another Kaiser skin this evening.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Waci posted:

SAB ends tomorrow, yes.

Hooray! Here's hoping the final dailies aren't a massive pain in the rear end since I'll probably be doing them on my laptop.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

More important to goons, Speedo Lord Faren will also be available.

This is amazing news.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Dang... Those do look cool. I'm even close to a full scrap with all the HoT story mode poo poo I've been doing on alts lately. Then the question would be whether to keep it for myself or not. I've been sitting on a Dominator Axe skin that's going to my Icy Runestone fund whenever I get around to selling it.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

So, is it actually possible to make decent WvW track progress at random times? Or should I just figure out how to actually be around for WvWednesdays?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Magres posted:

Depends on participation (as you do things that get you wXP you gain participation, if you don't do anything for 10 minutes you start losing it), but at max participation you get 195 (or 146 on Edge of the MIsts) track points per 5 minute tick, and it's 20,000 points per reward track. Comes out to close to 9 hours (530 minutes, to be exact) on the "big kid" wvw maps.

The experience booster effect and the guild tavern buff both help, increasing your point gain by 50% and 10% respectively. If you don't use the GOON or SFD Taverns you might get less than 10% from the guild tavern buff, it's an upgradeable effect and maxes at 10%. Guild Tavern is free and easily renewed if you don't have XP Boosters lying around with nothing better to do with them and will shave about an hour off how long it takes to finish a track.

To get your participation up quickly, find the nearest zerg you can and run with it for about 20 minutes. After that you can largely AFK on one of the borderlands (afking on EBG is rude) and just go stab a mists guard every ~9 minutes to keep your participation rolling.

Oh dang, I can handle that. I've got a couple boosters sitting around, and a fierce desire to get that stupid Gift of War. I've done WvW with SFD once and loved it, but I usually go to bed around that time on Wednesday and am usually far too busy being drunk on Saturday nights.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Post pics pls

From Dulfy, spiked butt plug confirmed

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

nickhimself posted:

I feel like the word sandbox, anymore, just means "there's not really going to be anything to do in this game because you can do whatever you want!"

It's a lazy way out of developing story and purpose, but who knows, maybe this game won't be like that and it'll actually feel like you've got reasons to do things

Yeah, I read that and was immediately wary. "You can do whatever you want! No boundaries!" Okay, but that also means no story, no inspiration toward a goal, whether that means saving the world or being the prettiest princess. Grats, you made a robust tech demo, how about you use some of those professional writers and designers to give me way to fully enjoy the setting you've crafted?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Rox's eyes not soul-stealing void of horror 0/10

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

poo poo! That looks amazing, and it'd be super rad if that was legit. But then I'd also feel even worse for never playing Nightfall. :(

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Geekslinger posted:

Oh she gets pet quite frequently. I wanted to name her Poutine, but my wife vetoed that one.

Poutine would have been a great catte name, but I need to know what her name actually is!

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

I'll vote for #1 but have a secondary vote for #3 if it comes down to a tie or something.

Also I wish that carpet was a glider, or that there was a glider that left green star windows behind me. Why doesn't Anet want my money

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Sounds like this might be cooler after ToT bags are out of the rotation? Either way, I'm extra jazzed for my new pet rock.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Ugh I'm never getting that shield

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

That would be the best thing. I was walking my new 80 Ele through SW yesterday to get through the HoT prologue and saw a bunch of unearthed chests... But gently caress knows which of my characters is holding my bandit keys at this point. :(

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

AmbientParadox posted:

or park it at the end of a jumping puzzle and then portal people for dailies.

Please put it at Not So Secret because that place is the literal worst

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Speaking of video games, the ugly Gargoyle skins are going away and looks like we're getting ice weapons instead! And I just finished up a complete claim ticket the other day, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Apparently it's also confirmed that the max level boost from PoF comes with an extra shared inventory slot.

That would be amazing, I'm gonna need a place to keep my new 1% pass.

...I'm still considering the space one, too, though. Space owns.

• Locked thread