Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Lyer posted:

I've run fractals less than the other dungeons, but ughhhhh the loving hammer fractal.
loving colossus fractal is the worst fractal, bar none. And I get it every loving time, which is why I don't do fractals anymore :argh:

Also, from the official forums:

Batelle.1680 posted:

In other news, I'm looking forward to unveiling my The Birds themed ranger at some point in the next couple of years- Nevermore, Falconer's Coat, dual pet birds, raven mini/mail carriers, a full set of Mad King runes, and Hunter's Call spam for days...
Bird, you better step up your game :colbert:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

SlothBear posted:

This dude is the epitome of sit around with your thumb up your rear end and see what happens and then make up some bullshit and pretend you meant for it to happen after the fact.
He's an economist, that's a given.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

One of the things I like about them nerfing the dungeon gold rate is that I dont do dungeons, so basically im poor. And people who do it, are rich. They can convert gold to gems and enjoy the pleasures of life. I cannot, because I wvw. So now they're being knocked down a peg we can all be poor and that makes me happy. Because a lot of items on the trading post are very expensive, due to inflation, due to things like people farming dungeons. This is basically Bernie Sanders waving a big old paw at the naughty dungeon farmers and helping me afford items on a wvw salary. Hopefully the rewards for fractals are not too good.
Source your quotes.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

The bladed armor is hilarious, especially the heavy (bladeboob armor!), Leystone seems really uninteresting except that some of it gives you a leyline aura effect (seems to be just the shoulders and gloves).

Also, I'm not sure why the improvised set is a black lion ticket set, it would have been more appropriate as a reward in verdant brink. Anet gonna Anet I guess.

kater posted:

What uses swords?
It would be quicker to list what doesn't (engineer, necromancer, and elementalist)

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Also the collection to unlock the ascended elite spec weapon seems to be kind of bullshit. Lots of masteries required there.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

I created a salad revenant, Wraith of Yamato :toot:

The color scheme is a bit cliche, but she looks like a smoldering ember at night:

I'm going to replace the shoulders with Bladed ones as soon as I unlock them.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

nessin posted:

Except those loving frog assassins and the couple packs of 10+ mini-raptors I've seen.
Also Mushroom kings, and rolling devils. Also mordrem snipers should not be able to stealth.

I'm also seeing a lot of AOE attacks that don't have circles.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Jesus christ, how did Anet break the entire game with that patch :psyduck:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

my precious baby. how adorable. so smol

I kinda want a pocket raptor alpha as a pet on my ranger. Special ability, summon 5 pocket raptors that have fury for the duration of the summon :twisted:
No, a pet pocket raptor would be a whole group of pocket raptors :getin:

Also I encountered some cavern screamers, they're motherfucking shark-headed raptors, why were these not made a pet yesterday?

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 29, 2015

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Did someone say necros?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

malhavok posted:

It's not about removing the content, it's that the rewards were tuned to a vastly different time scale for finishing a dungeon than what people cut them down to. It is about :effort:, the effort of making dungeons the long slog they were meant to be for the reward levels instead of the speed run for max gain everyone was used to.
No, they did it to strongarm people into fractals and raids. Their economist literally stated that outright.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Totbot posted:

Just need more Exalted Mastery xp and I'll have my gaudy Glint Shield. Binged out a lot of the collection yesterday.

Specialization collection achievement gear is probably my favorite thing about the expansion so far. I really like having something to work towards that doesn't involve just throwing gold at it. Hope they add more stuff like that.
Eh, most of the new collections seem to be really grindy. The ones that work at all (hello, map completion bug Anet refuses to fix!).

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Also scribing is a dumpster fire right now, wait to do that until the prices of mats go down or they make the requirements for making things not so stupid.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Adhesive Gamin posted:

The best part of this DnT poo poo is the hordes of people coming out hooting and hollering about some kind of moral victory over the Mean Nerds Who Were Good At A Video Game that called their builds bad.
So are you just being contrarian for its own sake at this point or what?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I keep trying to princess my thief to match birdstaff but the neon blue bits are at war with my inclination towards neutral tones :saddowns:

malhavok posted:

Tempests got a ton because shouts and overloads basically required them, nothing DH got really needed new voice work. Yelling "CHECK OUT THIS TRAP, YEAH!!!" might be a bit counter productive.
People in PVP would still run right into them and whine about dying to it, though.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Huh, turns out Azimuth is surprisingly affordable for a staff that cool-looking.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

The infinite ones count toward the meta now (but only the first time you complete them).

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Cyron posted:

The guys who made the launch fights must have been bad devs. Because it something the game been better at for the most part lately.
To be honest, the only real flaw in the original Shatterer fight is that there's no damage field around it to prevent people doing exactly what we do now (like the one the Claw of Jormag has). It hits pretty hard, when it hits anything, but it was clearly designed to be attacked head-on and it shows.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Hurp Durp Master posted:

Off the top of my head you get a sizable chunk of ascended materials that go towards crafting HoT legendaries, 1 auric weapon skin, 1 chak weapon skin and a box of viper gear ( you get to choose from 3 but always choose the viper box ). If you complete all of the achievements you get some decent ascended valkyrie (berserker lite) gear.
You also get some of each zone currency/keys, a free piece of Leystone armor for completing the story, and the last two story missions give you about 40 crystalline ore between them.

quote:

Its disappointing that we only got two weapon sets that aren't behind a gem wall and are actually earnt through gameplay, but there it is.
Reclaimed, Plated, Machined, Auric, Chak, Shimmering/Tenebrous, that's a lot more than two.

Now the lack of new armor, that's just shameful.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

snograt posted:

Yeah, more Maguuma, woohoo,

Remember in the original Guild Wars, after taking one or two characters through the jungle everyone just skipped it and never bothered with the annoying place ever again?

Or was that just me?
At least the scarabs are extinct or something, good loving riddance.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Magres posted:

Uh are you sure you got a Chak Gerent Cache and not a Veteran Chak Cache (which is also on the reward track)

Cause according to the official wiki the Veteran Chak Cache should give you the egg and the Chak Gerent Cache should give you the weapon. Like submit a support ticket if you got the wrong thing from it, according to both the in-game description and the wiki it should be giving you a weapon, not an egg.
It's the Tangled Depths track that gives you a chak weapon (you can only do this one once, because :anet:), the generic HoT reward track just gives you a choice of reclaimed plate, a chak egg, and I think an auric ingot or something every time you finish it.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Wait, what? They actually care about Adventures?! :monocle:
Only the one that was literally impossible to get gold on :v:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i still don't get the dungeons thing, because even if there's always going to be the turbonerds freaking out over gold per minute and doing some ~sick~ meta strats to try and cheese everything because they're lazy the dungeons were still, for the most part, actually kind of fun to play! they were a neat little thing to mess around in with friends or guild people to pass some time and do something vaguely productive. seeing more dungeon revamps would have been cool, but i guess to some extent i can understand why they were deemed as unimportant. but lowering the rewards? why.
They wanted to strongarm the players into doing fractals and raids. That's literally their stated reasoning (though they phrased it more delicately).

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Crimsonbeak posted:

With an itty bitty ballsack. Have they changed Dragon's Stand at all or is it still pointless to try to join the map if it isn't within 5 mins of reset.
Either the population has significantly increased or decreased, because I've randomly logged into active DS maps several times lately.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Thunderbro posted:

hero points mostly needed 5+ people to do
Which they still didn't fix, by the way. I was sure they were going to knock all the hero challenge champions down to veterans, because making people beg other players for basic map completion is the dumbest loving thing, but they didn't because... reasons?

Eltoasto posted:

Ehhh I was able to get the full elite spec unlocked during the hp train on characters with like 10% world completion, and those trains just did the first two regions of hot.
At launch they required 400 hero points to unlock, because Anet had no idea what they were doing/wanted to devalue the hero points we already had (this is also why the HoT hero points are worth more).

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Blast Gyro also works wonders on break bars.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Mizuti posted:

:vince:

kill meeeeee

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

The bandit executioner wouldn't be a bad fight if it had about 1/3 the health.

Sweet as hell music, though.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Something something goon world first something something

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Schpyder posted:

I have a sickness

Please send help

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

MF helps to get better drops and Karma can be spent on...
I'm not sure what anymore unless you want to make a Legendary.
There's actually a whole bunch of weapon and armor skins scattered around the world that can only be obtained from karma vendors.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Lonk posted:

Which button on this thing do I press to kill myself?
...why does Braham look more asian than the actual asian person?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

-If you want to max out your masteries you need to get a raid kill at some point to unlock the last mastery track. This has been discussed in this thread before but is even more relevant now now that you get spirit shards every time you "level up" after maxing your masteries. If you have not raided and unlocked the last mastery track you do not get these spirit shards. ANET could easily fix this by not requiring the raid mastery track to get the spirit shards but they have not and have given no indication they will.
They really should have put the raid masteries in their own little category instead of putting them in the HoT section with all the normal ones.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Illuyankas posted:

and my thirtieth level 80 alt oh god kill me
:hfive:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Quaggan shield :3:. It's a shame I don't use shields ever, or I'd be real tempted to make that one.

Aleph Null posted:

That was the first indication that ANet knew how to create cool and fun content, so I'm all for a mini-version.
I can think of a lot of ways to describe the Tower of Nightmares, but "fun" and "cool" aren't among them. It'd probably be better as a fractal where you're not reliant on a zerg to get past roadblocks but still.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

You know a way to fix the problem? Do what the guys at Guild Wars 1 did, and have the dye system also apply to weapons.

It's baffling to me that they haven't done this.
Honestly, dying weapons was mostly worthless in GW1. For every skin that actually changed noticeably, there'd be ten more where you'd only affect the wrapping on the hilt or something dumb like that (or that weren't dyeable at all).

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

nickhimself posted:

My only complaint about the HoT zones is that the enemies are often dense enough, or use annoying attacks that make your pre-HoT builds feel frustrating.

Not always, but it happens more in HoT zones than not.

I'm looking at you: roaming groups of Mordrem that pack snipers and somehow always end up pushing you into tentacle spawns who hit way loving harder than enemies of their quality ever should.
Also those loving bow frogs that basically have thief shortbow but better in every way (which is to say, "actually good for things other than the teleport") and passively evade ranged attacks for reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Crimsonbeak posted:

Level 1. Do a bunch of random stuff in the world. Then build a gently caress-off expensive precursor with 20+ ascended wood/ore + 10 ascended leather
No, it's dumber than that, the amount of mats the precursor requires (especially in the first stage, but also the others) is based on how much the final precursor sells for on the TP (or was at the time, at least). So all the popular precursors require a poo poo-ton of mats while things like the offhands require a fraction as much (and the underwater ones even less, and even get their own much cheaper legendary inscription) for reasons.

It's such a dumb and terrible system. It's like Anet understood people were angry at the prices of precursors, but weren't quite clever enough to understand why, so they "solved" the problem in a way that didn't really satisfy anyone but the TP barons.

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 3, 2017

• Locked thread