Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

YoshiOfYellow posted:

...You know what's incredibly sad?

I've been looking at the new thread title this entire time and thought absolutely nothing of it beyond "Oh it's just a non-joke informative title".

And finally it just hit me.

Really says something about ANet's writing that I so subconsciously believe that Scarlet returning would be something that would totally happen in HoT.

Not in HoT, but Scarlet will be the Legend that the Revenant channels for its next elite spec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Illuyankas posted:

Let's do it in Rata Sum

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

People levelling new revs, you having fun? I think that's what I'm gonna do first, and hope Anet fixes/rebalances elite unlocking.

I tomed my rev to 80, but doing world completion is super fun and I'm really enjoying the class.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Still can't log in, rip GW2.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

A friend liked one of my animes so much she had one of her friends turn it into another anime, making it anime squared!

The anime in question:

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Vanderdeath posted:

I legitimately think that fanart is rad. Your friend has that 1980s anime style down and her line work's impressive as hell.

I was honestly just flattered that someone liked my princessing enough to get this done, I really like it too.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Alteisen posted:

There's just not a lot of content there and new gear, legendaries etc are locked behind a pretty intense grind, if that's your thing have at it, but the appeal of GW2 at least for me was that it was a very laid back game, very casual friendly, you didn't have to grind for anything, they did a huge 180 on that, probably to mask the fact that they charged 50 bucks for a barebones expansion.

All good points, you never had to grind for legendaries before.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Alteisen posted:

You ignored the new gear aspect I mentioned, like the gear you can only get if your VB hits rank 4 and even then its a crapshoot to actually get it but whatever, didn't explain myself properly.

Which is why I only said anything about legendaries, I agree with the rest. There's a lot of new grind to complain about, but if you're looking to make a legendary weapon you shouldn't expect to coast your way to it.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

LiftAuff posted:

Enrage timers are actually pretty generous. It's just that most people probably feel like they run into a brick wall with little progress at the start. Also ya'll should turn on cheat mode with double Mesmers running those Distortion wells until they fix that.

The thing about the enrage timers is they're only strictly necessary to keep people from running full Nomad's or whatever during VG. If you try to take it slow against Gorseval you'd run out of updrafts shortly after it runs out anyway, and with Sabetha the platform will eventually get destroyed. They've done a pretty good job of making the fight mechanics much more important than the timers, though sometimes you do still feel pressed for it.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you're talking about the one by The Falls in AB, you can cheese that with experimental rifle too. I got 100% map completion and I'm probably 2 years from leyline :negative:

You in no way need ley line gliding for that HP, all you need is lean techniques and a bit of patience.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

After helping some goons reach that HP in Verdant Brink without ley line gliding or a Mesmer I've decided to make a picture guide for you.

You start out in the same place you would in the Dulfy guide. You can land in any section of the circled part, but the higher the better. Once you land, get to place where those branches split and turn around.

This tiny little branch can support your weight. Aim for the top section, you may have to stall your glide a bit to make sure you hit it. If you land on the X portion you have to start over, since you can't jump up the incline.

Turn back around. That's your goal! Glide off and hold forward the whole time to make sure you have the speed to make it. If you don't you will fall short.

The finish line! The branch you just left is circled.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Yep, still a pretty good time to play a warrior.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Gaile Gray came to visit Lion's Arch, I had a meaningful community exchange with her:

The screenshot with her nameplate has a huge fractal prompt in the middle, nice timing Agilus.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

learnincurve posted:

:(

I was a total sod online in my 20s, my default first thought is that if someone is doing something sneaky that people don't approve of is to mess with them is all.

You should definitely continue to take everything Dreggon posts at face value.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

I HAVE BEEN TO THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

J3ng4 posted:

On a side note, was there an actual demand for raids? I know people wanted challenging group content but throw some harder fractals and dungeons (like Aetherpath) and you have content that people can enjoy in small chunks.

I'm one of the people who didn't give a poo poo about raids, but now clear it once or twice a week. If you're interested talk about it in gchat about an hour after reset and the secret raid guild's leader (we are forbidden from speaking his name) will approach you.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Woodhouse posted:

Any goons guilds still active? I was Moobys in SFD and played right on release but just started up again with some friends and looking for a place to hang out. The games changed quite a bit and getting my feet wet rolling a necro so if anyone wants to join in some shenanigans shoot Automate a message.

Check the OP, there are currently two very active goon guilds.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

knowonecanknow posted:

For everyone who came out tonight I'll try to organize us to continue in a day or so.

Reset was Sunday night so you'll be starting fresh if you had made any significant progress.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Matthias finally got #rekt

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

My favorite thing about this thread is always people taking Visidan's posts at face value.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Ugh, I can't believe they killed dungeon rewards. You get more than twice as much liquid currency now than you did at launch, there's no point in doing them at all anymore.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

orcane posted:

That's funny because dungeon rewards at launch were garbage. Nice troll though.

Someone disagreeing with the common sentiment, must be a troll.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

Your point is "it could be worse so stop being a bitch."

The dungeon rewards are now pretty bad, and are more importantly far worse than a lot of other stuff. It doesn't really matter if they're where they are now or where they were at launch, or somewhere in between. Unless the income from them can be competitive with the rest of the game, people aren't going to play them.

My point is actually "dungeon liquid rewards are now in line with the amount of effort involved in them." Unless they've drastically increased rewards recently, you get more money from a single dungeon path than from a PvP victory in the same amount of time, and much more money per time than in WvW (which has a problem with rewards in itself, but that's beside the point). So what rest of the game? Farming Silverwastes and doing chest runs?

quote:

You can get the actual skins as fast or faster in PvP, and you're not getting gold so there's basically no reason to play dungeons except fun, and no-one plays this game for fun.

This was true as soon as the PvP reward tracks were introduced. If you're not having fun, why are you still playing?

quote:

The point is that dungeon rewards are poo poo. Them being better or worse won't matter unless they're brought in line with the income from doing other stuff.

poo poo compared to pre-HoT launch (when they were also beaten in rewards by Silverwastes farming), sure. But do you really think 30 minutes of stacking in a corner is worth 5 gold, plus whatever you get from materials?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Now that you've called me stupid I agree, 5 gold for 30 minutes of 4 people corner stacking is the right and proper reward, thanks for helping me see the light.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Generic Octopus posted:

Because Fractals are so much harder, yea?

ffs anet kneecapped dungeon rewards because they wanted people to get on the fractal/raid train. They've said as much. It's not about "just" rewards in video games.

Something should probably done to, at the very least, shift people away from "five swamps, two molten boss, two daily" fractal rotations, yes.

Before ANet introduced "And at least 1 gold per path!" addition for dungeon rewards I never had a problem finding a group, even without a LFG tool in the dead of night. I understand the economy's changed since then, but what do you do after blowing through fractals, other than log out?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Yes, and I've definitely acknowledged that fact. I benefited hugely from pre-HoT dungeons, but I also admit that it was a severe imbalance to the in-game economy to generate large amounts of money from nothing, and the dungeon content is further trivialized with elite specs. Maybe it is a bit low right now as opposed to ridiculously high and my perspective is skewed, but outside of blowing through fractals in 45 minutes and farming, what else are you going to do in-game?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

mike12345 posted:

they're super empty. and big.

"Guys the new wvw maps are empty, it sucks."
"Oh, then I better not go into them, it'll be empty."

And so the cycle continues

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Dugong posted:

I haven't leveled a character since the revamp. I just used a 30 level scroll on my Revenant and spent my points on traits. Is it normal to have no underwater utility spells?

With Revenant you have to set your Legend again when you go underwater for the first time. Only two Legends have underwater skills.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

The Juggernaut quicksilver effect is only active when you have the weapon drawn. Can't really say how much it will/won't affect your princessing though, since it's affected by lighting and environment which drastically change how the effect interacts with the dye colors. That said, you might see it and want to redo your dyes all over again to make it pop with the effect even more, it's a pretty neat visual.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

nickhimself posted:

I was really excited to play t4 fractals until I actually got into one. Dying immediately really sucks and I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing as a warrior to avoid the deaths two seconds into a boss fight. The build on metabattle recommends using the berserker heal but that poo poo's so unreliable.

How do warriors stay alive in t4's? I genuinely want some kind of guidance to be better at the class in there. I guess some of it will come down to just dying a whole bunch in each mission as I learn the mechanics of the harder fight alongside their instabilities, but feeling like the sole reason for wipes makes the experience really un-fun

Personally I run the "heal when you take damage" heal and the "take no damage" stance so that I can live long enough in a fight to not die. They require a bit of timing, and the mist anomalies can help you out. Always have one of those things up when you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

nickhimself posted:

Is there a way to make crits distinguishable from normal attacks? Like yellow text instead of white or something?

There already is, when you crit the number appears larger with a red explosion behind it.

• Locked thread