Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Seems like underwater skills were really, really neglected for the Revenant, seeing as how they used to be limited to 1 weapon before a beta patch upping them to 2, but they still only have 1 underwater weapon, but with 2 auto attack skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

They were probably turned off of the concept when the dungeon team revealed the overhauled AC and there was an incredible pissy uproar from their forums. iirc that's the reason AC gives better cash rewards than the other non-Arah dungeons, they were bribing players back into it.

I think there was a uproar at the time because 1 or 2 of the redesigned paths would consistently bug out and you'd have to restart at the final boss, the ghost buster parody fight at the end would bug out with the NPC not doing anything almost every run.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm sad I only bought a dozen extra stacks of cured leather before the price hike, was anything else bumped up in price recently?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Neato.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Protip posted:

New zones are very beautiful, and I've also really been digging the new music. It really works well with the atmosphere of the new zones. Here is a playlist someone put together on YouTube if you want to listen outside of the game.

Some selections:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtvnP91PDfQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8c8GGHl4Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4l987JxY1w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvI--Q8VEPE

There is one track that sounds like something from Shadow of the Colossus with a sad violin, know what track that could be?

Edit: I think I found it, right here at about 28 seconds, that is exactly shadow of the colossus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vTsTZb6pl8

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 29, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Things I like in the expansion.

- Backtracking to areas you've been and finding new places or shortcuts because you unlocked new travel methods.
- Better cutscenes and fancy depth of view blur, talking coming from your character as he walks around instead of that dumb little 2 character cutscene with no music, good in-engine cutscenes and moving concept drawing cutscenes.
- Consume All button for luck stacks.

On another note, has anyone given tempest much of a try? it sorta looks underwhelming and I'd have to give up another trait line full of good stuff like fire air water.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 30, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What do reapers go for runes/armor stats, I got a long abandoned 80 necromancer but he is setup for conditions.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, what recipes and things do I want to pickup from mastery vendors that can generate money?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

It feels like the whole mastery system probably went through a lot of iterating and argument behind the scenes, and what we ended up with is the result of someone saying 'gently caress it, we've got to ship something.'

Whatever happened to them saying you'd need to unlock a mastery to rip bark off of a hulk to even do damage to them?

Overall I've been enjoying the masteries and looking forward to unlocking the next in HoT and backtracking to find new areas I can reach, but the later ones are looking a little grindy without a lot of obvious benefit without knowing what they actually allow access to, only seen one or two poisonous areas for example.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 2, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What are people making, and are any of the mastery recipes you pick up worth money over time?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Some random thoughts and observations that pop into my head over the week playing.

gently caress Mordrem and Frog snipers.

Not having to reselect a salvage kit when salvaging rares is nice.

Tempest is a lot better then it looked on paper, especially with fresh air and aura traits, you just poo poo out boons and auras all over the place and can get 20+ seconds of missile reflect on you and your buds.

Adventures are interesting the first few times, but you either figure out the routine needed to get gold every time, or the mission is impossible to get above silver on because of RNG or bugs, or it's drone races and it just kills you on the final jump 99% of the time for no clear reason.

Dragons stand has a great boss fight in it.

Is the Mouth of Mordremoth actually Mordremoth, or is it the equivalent of the Mouth of Zhaitan which was a fat guy with a stomach mouth?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, the bug where you don't get any rewards for 100%ing a heart of thorns map if you already had 100% world completion prior, is that something they are going to hand out the rewards to eventually in a patch, or am I permanently boned out of the items that are required for the collection from 100%ing the map?

Or do I have to send in a support ticket or whats the situation on that.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Illuyankas posted:

Spent 25 minutes doing the Chak Killer achievement, last lurker walked into a wall and out of range of anything my rev could damage it with.

Why does Tangled Depths have to hurt me so

I had a suspicion that tangled depths was the least worked on area when:

- I walked on air and found multiple floating ores.
- A charr switched from male voice to female back to male.
- A spider queen hero point boss was named Champion [Hero Challenge]
- The mini-map being almost useless for navigating.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

I like the HoT armor, I hope each class eventually get a full set.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Plavski posted:

Someone mentioned there was gonna be a patch to fix the brain-dead difficulty of the TD meta. We had 80 nerds on teamspeak and got two chaks down yesterday but the other two routes failed and so everyone gets nothing. Is there some respite from this misery on the horizon?

I think that's part of why I've spent a fraction of the time in tangled depths compared to the other 3 maps, the meta event is practically impossible for a uncoordinated map, I've been all over tangled depth and I still don't know how to get anywhere.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The drytop beetle shield is pretty swell, Herald is probably the best class for using all those crystal weapons, themewise.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ItBurns posted:

list other 'noob indicators' please

Lack of fashion sense, which can fall into using those skins most of the time.

If you don't look Fabulous, you can't join my raid.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Tangled depths is frustrating because I'll slowly trudge my way through a hoard of deadly enemies for what feels like ages, only to find I ended up in a dead end or at a event I can't complete because I'm the only person remotely nearby.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I saw someone with like 110 mastery levels today, another with 133, and I just don't get it, how on earth do they have so many, how do you do that and also have a job/social life

That's nothing, I saw some people with 130 mastery levels in dragons stand, on the FIRST WEEK.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You realize there is a adventure right next to the start that let's you race up there way, way faster with some extra loot/experience.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm mostly worried that raids will have bosses with adrenal mushrooms in them or something that 100% requires everyone to unlock them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They finally fixed the reward chests not popping up if you already had 100% map completion, but I didn't know how far back that bug went, I got map completion rewards for drytop and southsun :psyduck:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

The Emperor's New Groove. [GRUV]

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I still can't figure out what race and name to go with, don't know if I should just give up and make my first white female human.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Honestly I can't remember the last time I saw a thief in pve.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A trick I've been doing for quickly leveling up masteries, do a bunch of gold adventures/heroic challenges/map meta events without opening the chests for awhile, then pop a exp booster for 1 laurel or a WvW Reward chest, lunar exp boost for 6 silver and a banner if available and open all the chests at once, it'll conserve exp boost time and is especially good for daily hero point rewards.

The chests seem to open by themselves after a certain number though so don't wait too long.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Another thing is if you do a daily hero train in HoTS and don't open everything, you can bring those over to tyria and pop them for the mastery exp there instead.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You can also do hero challenges in verdant or auric, then open the reward bags in Tangled depths for those precious ley crystals instead of the other currency.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Some tips to get rid of the grind from someone who almost has the HOTS masteries all unlocked with some occasional play.

Get exp boosters! use your massive unused stockpile, buy them with laurels or do WvW Dailies because the chests give a 20 minute exp boost when opened, also buy up some cheap food and halloween utility consumables in bulk, you can also pick up a 24 hour exp boost from the guild tavern if it's upgraded.

Pop your exp boosters before opening reward chests, you can have 4-5ish unopened chests at a time before they open themselves.

Grab some random people and do every hero challenge boss that you know how to reach, auric basin has 5-6 quick to reach ones and verdant has a veteran fight that is right below the entrance, they have good rewards every day and massive exp.

Do adventures that you can consistently gold medal, once you know how to do them, you can gold them every time after, verdant has adventures north and south of the entrance that are easy to gold once you know what to do and you REALLY want to have a exp boost active when you gold them the first time because you get 80k exp.

Check LFG occasionally for people taxi'ing to meta events in auric/dragon stand, you can find invites to tahrir/octovine and get credit on all 4 of the events for massive exp and then open 20+ chests worth a lot of gold and a hero challenge that will be zerged down at the end.

I could blow through half a 4 million exp mastery in a hour of doing hero challenges/adventures and a meta event per day.

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

I haven't moved on to any of the other zones besides cursory exploration involved in doing the story because I still want to get my anti-hug armor.

I did the same thing trying to 100% the first zone before moving on, but I'd highly recommend exploring Auric as soon as you can, the meta event is very rewarding.
And if you can stand getting through tangled depths and finding the ley line tunnels, you can get to dragon's stand so you can taxi in to people doing the map.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 25, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One thing I really, really, really dislike in the raid right now, is that the asura racial technobabble, a instant 3 second daze, can trivialize bosses breakbars, which makes me feel like I rolled the wrong race because of one skill I can't use that's better then anything else I have on my classes utilitys when it comes to breaking the bar.

I wouldn't mind racial skills being disabled in raids, or technobabble changed.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Tell everyone else in your raid to stop being lazy and hit their CCs if it's enough a problem you're considering Technobabble.

As a class like elementalist, they really have a lovely selection of utility skills and technobabble blows everything short of deepfreeze out of the water, and you can use both at the same time and technobabble doesn't have a 1 second windup with 300 more range.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Instant 3 second daze on a 45 sec cooldown is a pretty big chunk of the breakbar and not all classes have better options then that.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

We had I think two Asura in a couple of Vale Guardian kills, one of them me without Technobabble slotted, and did just fine on breakbars. If forums user Kes was using it though and trivializing the fight alone we'll have to have words with him about sportsmanlike conduct.

Also use air and water focus 5

One of the first guilds to beat the second boss had 3 asura tempest using technobabble to instantly break his very very very deadly breakbar.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Please don't discuss immoral DnT strategies in the thread.

Was a different guild.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVyMg1g9F5Y

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And as someone who also ran a lot of minion necromancer pre-buff, their usefulness skyrocketed when arena net came out of the blue and fixed the pet AI to actually attack more then once every 30 seconds, then suddenly they were a damage threat and all the passives that triggered on their attacks were actually triggering.

And mostly just seemed to be people pointing out that in the min/max raid the gear choice wasn't the best way to min/max for said raid.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 26, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Main complaint about the current elite specs from a ele main, is that there is literally 0 reason to be anything other then a tempest as ele, it outclasses whatever 3rd trait line I could of taken instead and the utility skills are all far, far more useful then the majority of other utility skills with only a couple on the same power level like glyph of storms and lightning flash, plus just being a tempest unlocks 4 extra free strong skills to use.

The heal is probably the most broken thing because not only does it heal harder then any of the other so-so heals available, but it also heals every ally near you for the exact same amount, that's not even getting into the aura heals and water overload.

Basically what I'm saying is I'd like the other trait lines and utility skills to be on the same power level as the expansion specialization so there is actually a choice between 3 trait lines instead of 2.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I still prefer tempest in PvP for the auras, 15 seconds of missile reflect is hard to pass up.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's fairly good at just running around HOT because overload air will probably kill anything up to veteran in just a single cast, if it doesn't, fresh air will have it back up in 5 seconds.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Fun fact, the dragonhunter traps do not work on Tequatl, making their skills very poor at hunting dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

On a related note, free merchant express and exp boost on the trading post right now.

• Locked thread