Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Lonk posted:

Because I can.

sorry m8 i did that in full zerker and it only took 10 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

things i have discovered

1. not being a warrior is a major pain in the rear end when it comes to not dying

2. not being a warrior is a moderate pain in the rear end when it comes to dealing damage

3. not being a warrior means being unable to effectively turn off half your skill bar with signets

4. not being a warrior means dealing pretty good ranged damage, if you're a revenant

5. not being a warrior means caring about your elite spec, unless you are an elementalist in which case you will not live long enough to unlock it

6. not being a warrior means it's pretty easy to tag enemies. be a guardian for that

7. not being a warrior means not having healing signet

8. not being a warrior means having to work for your movement speed

9. not being a warrior means you have to use skills to avoid trash mobs, instead of just walking past everything

10. not being a warrior can make some content very frustrating, a problem that does not exist if you are a warrior

11. warrior is ok

Aug 24, 2011

:siren:New gear tier: Exalted:siren:

Aug 24, 2011

Aug 24, 2011

how can i pvp if i cant log in to pvp?????

Aug 24, 2011

i cant log in *shits self*

Aug 24, 2011

forkbucket posted:

The krait obelisk in your home instance that you can commune with for a hero point has been changed and now resets daily along with your other nodes!

i think that this is bullshit, as a connoisseur of bullshit

Aug 24, 2011

Organza Quiz posted:

I'm having trouble with one of the Auric Basin story steps and I'm hoping someone's going to tell me I'm going about it the wrong way because it's getting frustrating:

I'm up to the part where you're trying to catch up with your party again after putting the egg where it goes (really loved the trials compared to the s2 ones, they were challenging without being irritating) and I'm up to the disc that's been stolen up into a tree, according to a crazy norn. It seems like the way to get up to it involves running along the roof of a building, turning around and heading towards an updraft, catching that updraft and then catching another updraft at the top of it in order to get up high enough. I'm just having a lot of trouble catching the second updraft, I can't swing my camera around fast enough accurately enough to fly into it, by the time I've got my bearings I've already lost way too much altitude. Is there another way to get up there that I'm just not seeing? Should I go further away and find a way up into a higher section of map in general and then glide down?

just fly back into the first updraft?

Mesadoram posted:

Reverent is really fun.

Seriously, go play it. Sword+Axe with Jiro is seriously amazingly fun.

Does the class feel significantly different when you get Glint? I am only level 52.

yeah you get permaswiftness/fury

Aug 24, 2011

im thinking of going into wvw with some guardian buddies and dropping traps to instantly gently caress up random passers by

Aug 24, 2011

herald is the cool kid who everyone tries to impress so that they get boons

Aug 24, 2011

kater posted:

I don't have a Guardian, I don't know what they do, I just know that I've never seen my hp fall faster than when I walked into that stupid ring thing.

they're good

Aug 24, 2011

i need a good free video editing software thing so i can slack off on editing a 'will it blend' video with the relevant areas replaced with dragonhunter traps

Aug 24, 2011

Tamayachi posted:

This is the little jump puzzle cave in the Wayfarer Foothills

Any idea why shadowed areas are now glowing beacons? This also randomly occurs in Vermintide and I have no idea what the cause is. As soon as I leave that cave the other parts of the map are normal.

theres a dev who is aware of it and probably fixing this

Aug 24, 2011

Tivac posted:

Our external QA are on min-spec machines, yes. Internal QA are on normal developer-spec machines AFAIK.

do you farm people in china to do your QA in net cafes

nobody should be subjected to XP

Aug 24, 2011

Dreggon posted:

do you farm people in china to do your QA in net cafes

nobody should be subjected to XP

CLAM DOWN posted:

Win XP is an unsupported, unsafe, ancient, end of life OS with major compatibility issues that works quite differently than say Windows 10. I'm curious what the benefit of testing on it is. Not criticising, actually curious as someone who has experience with real world software testing!

actually in hindsight i answered my own question, there must be a pretty huge market in china and a lot of those people get their internet from net cafes (which run pirated copies of XP)

im extremely smart and clever and have a 190 IQ and work for mensa as a janitor (the one from good will hunting)

Aug 24, 2011

apparently the dnt guys have a herald build

i looked at it and he's stolen my build verbatim, except he goes sword/axe sword/sword instead of sword/axe hammer and has a bunch of aspergers infusions in his full ascended armor

Aug 24, 2011

it causes some bugs though so dont do it

Aug 24, 2011

chronomancer :stare:

Aug 24, 2011

what game shall we play today

Aug 24, 2011

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I set up a hilarious boonripper reaper for pvp, with Chill damage and fear damage, and chill on fear, etc, etc, etc. I usually end matches with like 80+ boons removed :getin:

As far as elite specs go for pvp, I've run into at least one of everything that was legitimately scary to play against. Haven't seen many daredevils though, and druids are more "well I guess I'm just gonna go this way now" to go against.

daredevil condi is pretty hilarious (and a complete piece of poo poo to fight)

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Made a jp to get to the very tip top of SFD's guild hall, I like this hall a lot.

oh god we need more pumpkins, at 40c per corn and 100 corn per pumpkin thats 40s each and we cant buy any more until next year

CLAM DOWN posted:

Arus has become the God of the Arena through the discovery and use of the Arus Maneuver™ to vanquish his foes repeatedly upon their mere entry to the field of battle

should do this in front of wvw camps to gently caress people trying to do their dailies

Aug 24, 2011

POST YOUR REVENANTS mine's really good

Aug 24, 2011

:siren: 64 bit client beta launching today :siren:

Aug 24, 2011

The King Is Dead

Aug 24, 2011

Mizuti posted:

Tonight I ended up in a party with a fellow who I found roleplaying at the Rata Sum bar a while ago:

I bumped into him by the Rata Sum bank after that:

You can meet old acquaintances in the strangest places!

drat I wish I'd met that guy with my rev

Aug 24, 2011

its actually more dps to use dwarf form with the hammers because you can keep your boon duration facet up and use sigil of strength and the might-on-boon trait to mini phalanx your whole party

Aug 24, 2011

Godmode Enabled posted:

There is always a way out when you have dodges for days :c00l:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvooOBjBbYI

i run a version of this build that isn't poo poo

Aug 24, 2011

Sprite141 posted:

Now if only they could fix everything else about the thief that made backstabs feel like the only useful way to play. Like making poison builds interesting, or traps useful outside of pvp.

oh son

Aug 24, 2011

orcane posted:

"looks pretty" is very low on my list of things GW2 has to get right nowadays, hth

Anet knows how to make things look good, now they need to figure out how to design and balance the actual game parts. Any day now, it has only been three years.

Re: guild hall furniture, I like the bench some guy linked in this reddit thread: http://imgur.com/YjGZZ5k (not asurabutt.jpg)

the best part is using something that somebody else crafted to boost your own scribe score, thereby advancing your own while completely loving theirs

Aug 24, 2011

sanctum sprint is hard but there are many tricks and it fucks you over a lot but after a couple hours i did it in 2:18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's <2:30 which is gold, then i did the sky thing and it turns out there are updrafts to take you up to it (they were never visible to me so I could never find it) and did gold on that first try it's extremely easy

might try fallen masks next or floor is lava, whichever one i found i dont know i didnt read it and i can't navigate for poo poo, i also found a mastery point with some quetzal dudes guarding it but can't find the way up. there's a random champ guarding it too - no idea what that areas deal is. so much to explore and find!!!!!!!!!

Aug 24, 2011

Organza Quiz posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean to be condescending. I'm just frustrated because it feels like this argument has been coming up every couple of days since the expansion was first released and I'm still having a lot of trouble understanding people complaining about grinding. The last couple of pages have been much more helpful in that than the last few weeks of argument so that's something at least. I can totally get being frustrated that you can't reach or do what looks like a cool leyline gliding puzzle, I guess the thing I'm having trouble with is that once you've done that puzzle or whatever it is, then you've done it. If masteries didn't exist, wouldn't you just complete the maps once each and do each puzzle and then have run out of content you enjoy? That's a genuine question, I'm trying to understand what's going on here.

I do think that displaying mastery ranks is really stupid on a number of levels and absolutely is contributing to people feeling like they have to grind them out. I have a feeling it's especially going to be an issue when raids are out since masteries are important for them. Actually, even if the number wasn't displayed I can see where people are going to feel like they need to grind boring PvE content to be better at raids and that's a definite problem. But I'm actually really enjoying the current mastery system, I like knowing that in six months' time or even a year's time I'm still going to be getting cool new skills and the ability to reach bits of map and do things that I couldn't do before.

ETA: Having thought about it for a few seconds, maybe the thing is I don't trust Anet to provide me with cool new skills and bits of map and things that aren't currently in the game at any point in the future, so I'm relying on masteries to do that. But that might be a function of me only having played since January, since I wasn't there while LS S2 was going on and the new maps were released. Maybe they'll keep releasing stuff faster than I can keep up and then I too will be irritated by the mastery grind, who knows.

ETA #2: I think part of the reason this argument bugs me is because to me it sounds like people are spending hours doing something they hate in order to experience maybe a few minutes of new content and then have no new content to experience anymore, and at that point they're just going to be even more mad and disappointed that they spent all this time grinding only for it to turn out that they have hardly any more content to access. If that was the trade-off I was facing, I know I wouldn't bother with the expansion at all. I'd probably be bitter about it, but at least I wouldn't be both bitter and wasting my time.

i reckon cos he found this cool thing and he wants to do it, but he's 'not allowed' because he doesnt have X mastery which is really only useful in super niche situations

so he could spend a long time grinding it out, just to do this one thing, and maybe two or three others. but that's not worth the time

the problem with that JP is that ley line gliding isnt required as a necessary part of how the puzzle works, but an artificial part - they could easily just add a couple extra shrooms to make some jumps possible, or even some ley line shortcuts, but instead you either have it or you can't do the JP

Aug 24, 2011

i dont even remember where i get all my xp

it just sort of happens? permanent glide is pretty great though

oh i remember i got a good bit from doing dragons stand, pop a booster and kill things with a tagging class its good xp

Aug 24, 2011

Alteisen posted:

I've heard GW2 described as the MMO for people that hate MMO's because it a lacks a lot of the uber sperg poo poo that most MMO's tended to have, so I imagine people that have played for years would dislike the expansion heavily because it went in the entirely opposite direction and has been described before, even doing the events can be frustrating as hell do the over turned mobs or 0 room for error like the tangled depths meta.

Its like they took a game that was very casual friendly and decided to cater exclusive to the 1% spergs, I mean I read some complaints about some ascended poo poo that required you to salvage other ascended armor, I mean what the gently caress? Maybe you where one of the lucky few that got some randomly from a world boss but otherwise?

I hate to sound like a broken record but going back to the precursor poo poo, something like a legendary is relatively gated to either very lucky people or very wealthy players and the biggest factor was always the pre, it was to much money wise for some and otherwise relied on RNG to acquire it, I and many others figured the pre journey would change this, you'd get your pre regardless you just needed to go on an adventure, it was a grind but it was a grind built around the world, go look at the quip quest, the poo poo you need to do, some legit interesting and funny stuff or the ooze training for the colossus, that poo poo sounded awesome, that was the main thing I was looking forward to but there's to many aspects of the journey that require you to be swimming in money, so something that I figured was a solution to the precursor issue is not really a solution at all, if you have the gold to go through the steps needed for the pre chances are you have the legendary you want already, maybe even multiple legendaries.

I mean once you have the pre you still need the mats to make it, so it didn't make any sense to me that journey would be so expensive in a sense when at the very end of it you still need to gather a bunch of poo poo, but the hard part is over, you have the pre, the mats come with time.

And to be 100% perfectly honest, while the HoT story is excellent, everything else isn't the zones are pretty and I think the multi layered thing is cool but the events get boring after awhile and all 4 maps are built around doing the various scattered meta to get any sort significant reward and since I don't have a lot of time I tend to log in at hours where people just aren't around, got lucky once and got invited to an octovine that went to completion but that's about it.

The expansion is just bad, it went against what the game is entirely, added a bunch of events that are simply unfeasible for a bunch of scattered randoms on a map, nerfed all significant ways to make money, added horrible over turned mobs, and the discrepancy in the elite trees is just crazy, the elite specs that are good are absolutely amazing, things like reaper, dragonhunter, chrono, and the the ones that are bad are just BAD, there's no middle ground, they are just bad, they either provide almost no new ways to play your class or are just massively underwhelming, I've spoken about druid before but they feel so bad and quite frankly redundant with existence of revenants, revs/heralds are crazy with their healing and buffing abilities, most rev healing abilities can be done in the move to, lots of the druid abilities feel like they benefit if you stack and some have a slight delay so if people move they don't get healed which doesn't fit to well with a mobile game like GW2, I can't expect people to hold still while my little ray of light hits them from the sky or my seed blooms and explodes and covers them in plant jizz, or wait for me to channel an ability that forces ME to stand still thus opening me up for harm.

Anyway that's to many words probably, I'm not looking to change anyone's mind or convince anyone of anything, just speaking from my side and potentially why others may be upset at the state of the game, Anet's lack of communication really doesn't help either, I mean poo poo the last story instance is still massively bugged, that kind of stuff does not bode well for the raid which is coming out very soon, then again if we get some epic moment where you have to take an updraft to avoid the boss mega wipe attack and everyone just splats because it doesn't work I am going to laugh my rear end off.

same

Aug 24, 2011

im having fun :shrug:

Aug 24, 2011

i think its a really good idea to get out the boosters if you dont want to grind much, its very nice to have autoloot and permanent gliding because that way you can just chill. i am also playing a revenant which hits like a truck (i play a warrior so i know what this looks like) and they have a heal that replaces damage you take with healing instead

theres a huge amount of grind in this xpac but i elected to ignore it and just gradually play through stuff and find achievement thingies, i am saving my autistic rage for raids and you should too

Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Just play a bit of guild wars before bed, he said.

There's nothing in there that could give you nightmares, he said.

Nothing at all horrifying.

Nothing that could keep you up at night.

to be fair that cutscene is incredible in a really good way

Aug 24, 2011

warrior build:

greatsword

the greatsword trait line

the traitline that makes you move faster with a greatsword

a third traitline (buff your greatsword)

heal signet

uhhhh

more signets

push 2

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 15, 2015

Aug 24, 2011

what the gently caress reaper

Aug 24, 2011

mesmer_asura.jpg

Aug 24, 2011

Aesis posted:

Vault/Bound Daredevil's AoE burst is quite good. I was doing 4~7k crit with Vault and 2~4k crit with Bound. It's not that easy to survive when there're cc and condi pressure, but enemy would drop dead in team fights before they were aware of the damage.

It probably made one 3-men group mad, because they were chasing me around entire game instead of trying to cap and win. I would down 2 of them but didn't have enough hp/initiative/endurance for third one :(

you are doing thief correctly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

xp from all 4 octovines in a single AB event, starting at 0% participation and ending with 100% for max reward

this is ~290k xp for less than 20 minutes work

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Nov 17, 2015

• Locked thread