Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i think he means mastery in general, not the raid-specific mastery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Dreggon posted:

my colon was impacted because we were raiding for so long

what is this, pandemonium warden?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

eggrolled posted:

So I was starting to do research on Guild Missions, and was just curious if that really awesome post linked in the OP is still current. I glanced at Dulfy's Guild Mission guides too but I figured that smaller post would give a better minor overview before I really dig in

I apologize if it's a silly question; I'm the type of player that likes to prepare/research a bunch before subjecting others to my "participation" so I just wanna make sure I'm reading the right stuff :shobon:

the first and most important lesson/preparation:

DO NOT TOUCH THE THING

(that might not be true anymore, actually, but it still cracks me up)

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

poo poo i need caladbolg, been wanting it on my guardian ever since I recovered the drat thing. then I guess I need to coordinate my ensemble around it.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

where the red fern gropes posted:

the super fun problem is that it's intermittent, completely messes up whatever i'm currently doing - pvp, raids, anything requiring a constant stable connection - may or may not disconnect me, then vanishes without a trace

the only thing that remains is its calling card... a four digit ping value, which returns to 3 digits a short while later

the moment i'm writing this, everything is fine and good. skills activate properly, chat works, etc. even when everything buggers up i can still use the rest of my internet. and nobody else seems to be having these issues, so it must be my end

i wouldn't wish this on anyone, except for the knowledge that i'm not alone, so that somebody in a position to fix this could do so

no one d/cs like gaston
drops packets like gaston
drives up your ping for fingats like gaston

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'm kinda half trying to get back into this and I was looking up stuff on stats and builds and poo poo and it was all kinda dry and boring so I'll just ask here: these days, if I want sceptre/torch//greatsword on my guardian do i want berserkers or viper/sinister? I know for a while zerker was just the best across the board then condi got reasonably solid.

anyways getting caladbolg fuckin' owns, I got trophies from both of my wyld hunts now.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

well dang

before i burned out making mawdrey i'd managed to collect a decent few asc condi equips. Oh well, c'est la vie.

if I use the caladbolg sceptre skin and the caladbolg gs skin are there any particularly coordinated torches? if shield wasn't kinda disappointing I'd rock the shield of the moon skin and just the sylvariest sylvari.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Inzombiac posted:

My main Guard (because I have a sickness and one wasn't enough) is a Condi build and it rules.

are you scepter/torch or something else?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

followup q on vipers stuff--which backpiece with vipers as an option will probably be the least of a pain in the rear end to acquire? looks kinda like each s3 LS chapter adds one? Bloodstone crater is kind of a pain in the rear end to get around in but the fire island doesn't seem too bad, haven't really made it to the others yet.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Okay, Bitterfrost Frontier owns fuckin' bones! It is a very good zone.

Today I finally got to do Dragon's Stand and the chak gerent meta for the first time each. Was a pretty good time, I got Dragon's Stand mostly map-complete in the aftermath, too. Tangled Depths, tho, that's gonna bite.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Oh, it's cool now that I know how the map fits together--I just mean getting the 100% completion done.

Lean techniques seems like a really dumb thing. Seems like it doesn't open anything up, really?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I understand I can chat in multiple guilds at once; if I'm in GOON can someone in both vouch me into SFD or do I gotta go through PROCEDURES?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

seeing the heavy armors all I can think is golden knight garo.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

holy crap that was a good story update

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I've been having a difficult time getting AB maps that do the eastwatch chain that spawns the legendary vinetooth at the end...is that something I'll have more luck with on a weekend or should I just try to organize a goon massing here? Gotta get me some birdstaff.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Harrow posted:

How's the Caladbolg quest? Is it a long-term thing like a lot of the ascended backpack quests have been, or is it more like a bunch of story quests?

You make a vision crystal and complete a couple relatively small collections, then go through a few potentially tricky fights.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Illuyankas posted:

You get them occasionally out of the ascended mat eater bags, but the most reliable is 450 crafting and making them yourself, albeit you'll need to farm that leather pretty hard if you're poor

Also I am pretty sure the number of people with ascended items and salvage tools without 450 crafting is negligible at best

Vision crystals just need bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, empyreal thingies, and whatever the thing you buy from the toilet vendor is.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

graynull posted:

Is the living story worth paying gems to unlock in goon opinion? I'm missing 4 season 2 chapters (640 gems with discount) and wasn't sure if there were any cool rewards for finishing it. I'm largely a casual player so being some additional single player story content for me seemed appealing.

Not those chapters IMO. From what I remember most of them were a pain in the tuckus.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Rynoto posted:

Legendaries should really only be crafted once your perception of gold goes from "I never have enough" to "What should I buy today?"

While in fairness I think I'm closer to the latter than the former, I think having a legendary to work on can help offset the sometimes too open-endedness of things in this game. There are other easier goals you can set to give yourself direction, of course, like cheevos or asc gear from the S3 episode zone, but as long as you set your expectations realistically I don't think there's anything wrong with keeping a legendary plan underway.

Also, regarding the asc materials, the 1/day parts use the materials you're most likely to find running around at 80...the lump of mithrillium is pretty easy to knock out daily, then the glob thing for wood, the the silk whatsits, and finally the elonian cord for leather is probably least likely to happen daily. You can just stockpile those, since Deldrimor Steel, Bolts of Damask, etc., are not on daily cooldowns, and if you're sitting pretty on a pile of mithrillium you can just buy a bunch of the other metals and bang out the deld steel whenever.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Ineptitude posted:

Huh, that doesn't match my experience at all.

I have never seen a single failed attempt at him, and i have killed him 20ish times.

The legendary vinetooth that shows up after doing the Eastwatch pylons, right?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I came really close to killing it once, but at three minutes to go the Tarir meta started so the event ended early.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I've been told just get feared while behind him but that hasn't quite worked for me yet.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

On my sylvari guardian (which is female admittedly because omg jennifer hale) I use sylvari cultural stuff for legs and chest, then use more actual armor-lookin stuff for shoulders/feet/hands. Finding things that don't clash is pretty tricky but I'm happy with it thus far.

Now if only I can do enough Hall of Monuments stuff in GW1 to unlock that ice diadem thing. Lack of crown-looking pieces is my least favorite thing about heavy armor by far.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I wonder if this new WvW/PvP update will add the valorous hero set or whatever it's called...there's a less ornate version you can get from a PvP reward track that's okay looking, but the fancier is in the wardrobe and holy hell the heavy legs for it look radical.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I am eagerly awaiting screenshots of mistforged triumphant hero's armor.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

hm, it's the legs i was most curious about (been anticipating the release of what is now t2, i guess?) so I guess I'll just stick with triumphant hero's as a goal. Thanks, gentle goons.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I'm working on Astralaria now, on part two--since it's an HoT leggo I can't just buy the precursor, and I liked part 1. I've got the axe haft and axe hilt parts done, now it's pretty much just doing the currency parts.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Illuyankas posted:

Dry Top and Silverwastes map completion gets you a hundo of each currency if you have the alts for it and haven't done much in them, and are super quick

Oh poo poo thanks, I can shuffle some teleport to friend things around to my alts.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I finished the bullshit crafting collection stage of Astralaria! Now I just need to grind out some more karma after spending it all on obsidian shards so I can buy the recipes needed for gathering all the weird poo poo like wyvern fire.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

See, the thing with TD is that most of the map is really cool, but the corner you enter from dumps you into the most pain in the rear end confusing verticality part. You don't go there at all for the meta so I think most people, once they mapcomplete it, purge that part of the map from their memory.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Sole.Sushi posted:

If by "good at PvP" you mean "The Dreggon Method" which is just doing it until you no longer feel anything.

in fairness that's partially due to dreggon's having been replaced by a cockatoo years ago.

pls don't bite me gaston

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

My Gimmick Name posted:

I got a strong feeling we're going to be feeding dragon essence to Aurene for each one we "down" like some kind of MMO plot tamagachi. Glint's circuit breaker for magic overload.

Sounded like Queen Femshep will be making a pact with the undead, and we'll get playable zombies before Tengu.

playable undead raised by palawa joko i could see.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Hm, maybe we'll plant a second pale tree in Orr? I dunno the lore well enough but maybe as some kind of way to draw in loose mordremoth magic or something?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Well actually,

where mansplainers get their water!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Post episode 6 there are two big questions I still have. Spoilered out of politeness.

(1) So we still don't have any idea who E is, then? I was expecting it to be the exemplar, but then it turned out to whossername from GW1, who I guess could still be E, but...

(2) In the last fight she said we were the only two who could complete the prophecy--is this a prophecy we've seen anywhere? Like in one of the books or something? As a corollary I'm curious how my guy got ascended to see Lazarus, too.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Ah, okay. That's probably what the deal is with the blue ghost fire in Lake Doric, too, then?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i kinda like the b-team as long as they stick to their role as my minions. although a moment where all seems lost but then canach heroically turns up to save the day would be great, especially if he has one of those dry one-liners to go with it.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Obligatum VII posted:

It's right their in his name "pal"awa joko.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

my work break ended but i got to see firebrand and a rundown of factions in the area

i'm excited even if i think firebrand is a really dumb name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

wait are the elite specs coming out early or is there a beta weekend?

• Locked thread