Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

That graph definitely doesn't have all DeNiro's movies. Silver Linings Playbook was 2012 and that's 92% certified fresh.

Pretty sure it's missing Taxi Driver, and that even supports their point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Snapchat A Titty posted:

what man

ill move the goal posts if you want, but i agreed with powered descent. idk what youre after?

It's from Umberto Eco's Eternal Fascism, it's talking about 'the enemy' being strong and weak at the same time.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Platystemon posted:

e: What the gently caress. This is a violent corner of Reddit I didn’t know about.

Can't remember if it was mentioned in this thread, but while stuff like that is allowed, anarchist and communist subreddits are being warned for saying "bash the fash" because that's inciting violence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

But what's the tail...

gradenko_2000 posted:

WTF is Left Communism? Isn't that just Communism?

The name Left Communism comes from the text by Lenin. They basically argue that every revolution has failed to achieve the Dictatorship of the Proletariat properly.

They're noted for talking a lot and never actually doing anything, just waiting around for a global proletarian revolution that happens eventually.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Do we just happen to read the same threads or are you posting about this at every possible opportunity?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

A fairly minor one from the BBC, but what is the point of a key if it needs a key to explain it?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I know when I want to play a game my first thought is what time period it takes place in.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

What could they possibly have been thinking?

Am I misreading your lovely graph or does it imply that (some) female athletes aren't actually female?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

But it's not a subset, otherwise the strongest female athlete and strongest female would be the same value.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Misread your post, sorry.

Doesn't make your graph any more relevant.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

What does a languages location in the circle mean? Why are related languages nowhere near each other?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pakled posted:

I'm fascism having high economic freedom

Fascism has lots of economic freedom for business owners, as long as you aren't one of the current 'degenerates'.

The word 'privatisation' was invented to describe Nazi Germany.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

From the UK thread.:

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

lord funk posted:

Inflation?

Nope, real value is inflation adjusted.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Please tell me they blame Marxism

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Needs to read himself some Marx too, Isabelle definitely isn't bourgeois.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

The Cheshire Cat posted:

No way, 8.54 million is definitely only about 2/3 of 5.6M.

Actually laying the numbers out like that, I'm wondering if they just hosed up and got the labels flipped. The bar sizing would be pretty accurate if it was the other way around.

And as researcher Ketevan Melua proved, there are 8.54 million bicycles in Beijing.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

I still think the Mozambique flag wins the most badass flag award.

(Former) coat of arms of Burkina Faso:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

No Yang. 0/10