Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Outrail posted:

Care to elaborate? We're not all yankees out here

Google's using the population of the country of Georgia for that graph, not the US state, but it's showing Alabama's and Mississippi's population graphs as related anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I'm the Big Priest.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I like how intersection on the right graph is off-centre.

I mean poo poo, how do you even do that on accident?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Carbon dioxide posted:

An AI tool that can read privacy policies and make graphs like these.

https://pribot.org/polisis?policy_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpolicy.php

For SA

Very troubling.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is this documented somewhere? Because it owns.

http://www.somethingawful.com/feature-articles/website-privacy-policy/

When I went looking for SA's privacy policy to run through that site, I thought this was a joke, but nope, it's SA's actual privacy policy.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
e: never mind, misunderstood

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Paladinus posted:

On the first question, the percentage of people who agreed with the statement has also increased.

But the amount that agree only increased by 2 points while the amount that disagree increased by 8.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Paladinus posted:

Well, the point is that it's not as much people changing their minds, as people coming to a conclusion. The biggest swing is on the third question with ~15% actually changing their mind on the issue, but also the question itself has changed since it contains 'past few years'.

In all 4 of the questions, though, the progressive opinion has gained more supporters than the non-progressive opinion.

1. +8 progressive, +2 regressive
2. +14 progressive, -7 regressive
3. +28 progressive, -15 regressive
4. +14 progressive, -5 regressive

Therefore, unless there's some hidden fuckery going on with strongly/somewhat agree statistics or the way the poll was conducted, I think the conclusion of the author, that white democrats have became more liberal on race issues over those years, is accurate.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

lol yeah no, WoW Classic is gonna see its player numbers drop off a loving cliff after the initial hype, and I say this as someone who's looking forward to WoW Classic

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Tunicate posted:

Mcmuffin's strategy in 2016 was to try to spoil Trump's majority into a plurality, then get picked by the legislators as a less-awful choice.

I'm pretty sure McMullin was actually trying to throw the election to Hillary, figuring it was better for the Republican party in the long term.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
What I wanna know is why the sports are in that order.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Yeah same reason peasantry is below animals.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The comments of this tweet indicate the OP is well aware of how fallacious this conclusion is and that they were making a point about standardized testing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
drat those deacons running those church youth groups, turning our kids into punk rockers

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I wonder what else could have happened between 2006-2008 that would have caused a precipitous drop in border crossings.

I guess we'll never know, the only thing that changed between those years was the wall, surely.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That's a dailykos web poll and it's from today so I wouldn't call it a scientific poll or particularly representative of the Democratic party as a whole.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/2/19/1835869/-Daily-Kos-Democratic-Presidential-Primary-Straw-Poll-February-19

Also it's changed a lot since when that screenshot was taken.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The colour makes this bad enough on its own but what makes it truly special is the apparent category of things which are neither "at an intersection" or "not at an intersection". I'm just trying to work out some logical construction where that could be a thing and can't come up with anything.

And they don't add up to 100%!

This might be the crappiest pie chart ever made.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Aside from low and high needing to be switched I’m not seeing what’s wrong with this one.

Awful/funny graphs and charts

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Almost all discussion of "strassergate" I can find on the internet is focused around that tweet and as far as I can tell, this guy is antifa and either he's trolling or he took some trolling from people claiming to be nazbols a little too seriously

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I know I just lost, but what is "The Game"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Freemasonry being a "low brow" thing is pretty interesting to me too.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Outrail posted:

I'm also gonna show my ignorance and ask if a parsex is a real measure of time/distance/space time. I'm just too lazy to google it and would like a comedy answer.

E: Lol, not gonna edit that one out

Yes, according to the well-known space documentary Star Wars, a parsec is a unit of time.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Alkydere posted:

Never read that series. I thought they built their superlaser themselves though.

Read a lot of the EU though and there are parts of it that I completely understand Disney wanting to throw into trash, then light on fire, then throw the ashes out to sea.

I think Disney's main motivation in throwing out the EU was to make it so they weren't beholden to the massive mess of continuity found in the EU. Most of the major characters of the original and prequel trilogies had had their lives outlined exhaustively by various EU works, so there was little room to write new stories featuring them, and having any kind of wiggle room with regard to wars or major political developments would have required going like 100 years before or 50 years after the events of the movies.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If someone came into this thread sincerely using terms like "Sleepy Joe" and "Crooked Hillary" then they'd be roundly laughed at and that's basically the same thing as "Democrat Party"

e: oh god drat it this isn't the USPOL thread? How many threads are having this discussion right now

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Albino Squirrel posted:

Also, why does South Carolina hate Ohio specifically?

Because South Carolina, for reasons that elude me, is a popular vacation destination for Ohioans. And everyone hates tourists.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The helpful folks at Philip Morris have provided this chart about the health effects of cigarettes, and, would you believe it, they're completely fine!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Angepain posted:

So uh, they're plotting percentages of Jewish people because the intrawar warsaw diversity and inclusion team was concerned they might be discriminated against in employment and want to prevent that, right?

...right?

Well according to PiS, there was no antisemitism in interwar Poland, so that must be the explanation!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Modern technology is great, I can track the vitality utilization of my shrewd home from my savvy gadgets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART