Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

simosimo posted:

Always wanted the deluxe Megazord but never got it :smith:
I had one of these. It was pretty awesome. It's still stored somewhere at my parents' house, and has all its pieces. Missing some stickers though.

Ozz81 posted:

VOLTRON (robotic combining lions was best, I dare you to disagree)
Also had one of these, but it was second-hand from a Garage sale and missing bits. Also, I think it must have been an (older?) less detailed version than the one shown here. Never saw the show, I just liked transforming and combining toys. Which is why I also had the Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad toy (the one on the left).

That one's still at my parents' house too, although there was also a dude that goes inside it and wears it as armour I think, but I never had that.

simosimo posted:

Dr Dreadful's make your own [insert rubbish]. Pretty sure I never made anything. I can't find what I had, I think it was a foodstuff. Google images only shows post 2000 products judging from the graphic design on the packging :(
I think my brother might have gotten one of these for Christmas once? Something similar anyway.

simosimo posted:

Crash dummies were a UK brand I think? They were literal crash dummy figures and they would explode (all limbs would disconnect) at the press of a button on their chest. The cars were awesome and deformed when smashed into stuff.
These seemed way cooler on the ads than in reality.

One friend of mine did have a toy I was really jealous of. We both had a bunch of Connectables, cars that broke into two or three pieces and could be put back together interchangeably, so you could have the front of a sports car and the back of a truck or something. It was more fun than it sounds. But he had the giant helicopter that opened up and you could... I can't even remember if it did anything, but it was big and cool and I wanted one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Astrofig posted:

The chameleon changed color if you put him in warm water;

I don't know who made them or what they were officially called, but I had a bunch of what I called "change colour cars" (that might even have been the official name?) that did that. They were awesome. You could do cool stuff like dip them halfway into the water to just change half, and some of them changed quite dramatically (like from dark purple to white or red to green).

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I just remembered a toy robot I had that was battery-powered and would drive around and change directions when it bumped into things, and this is going to sound crazy, but it also had smoke coming out of its head. Intentionally, I mean. It wasn't broken. I don't know how or why. :confused:

Dead Pikachu posted:

Kitty Surprise - stuffed kitty had kittens. You didn't know how many kittens there were until you opened her up.
I think one of my cousins must have had one of these. I remember thinking it was pretty cool.

BrigadierSensible posted:

We had this when I was a kid. It took so long to spread out on the dining room table, and then set up the fielders, and the ball bearing would invariably go missing, and you couldn't do any proper shots. But it was still ace.
Then the mat gets bent or warped and you can never play again.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

zombiepanda posted:

edit: Holy crap, I forgot about Tech Deck/mini skateboards! My mom never bought me a real skateboard cause she thought it was dangerous or something. The first one I bought was the Eevee one in this pic:

Which I lost a wheel on a while ago. I had a few Tech Deck ones that're probably still around here somewhere, and I'm pretty sure some knockoff ones as well.

These were incredibly popular with kids at my primary school, and I've never understood why. Still don't see the appeal. :shrug:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Parsley posted:

Because every nine-year-old girl needs an electronic device with memo capabilities.
My sister had one of these. As I recall, it broke almost instantly.

• Locked thread