Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Glompton

I've been craving something super spicy all week and nothing I've tried had done the trick. spicy sushi? nope. habanero chips? nope. jalepeno and chili pepper quiche? nope. straight hot sauce? nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles

have you tried pace picante sauce, from New York City

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

devil

a good thai green curry

City of Glompton

no, but I'm imagining the future, when Taco Bell unveils the "Thermonuclear Griller"--a quesadilla served with a generous side of pepper spray fogger puffed into the car cabin.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

pepper spray is the hot sauce version of smoking alcohol, right? all the good stuff goes right to your brain, but none goes in your stomach where it has to work its way through your digestive tract?

joke_explainer

smoobles posted:

have you tried pace picante sauce, from New York City

NEW YORK CITY????

joke_explainer

I really like thai bird chilis, or a mix of ghost pepper, thai bird chilis, habaneros and cayennes. You can adjust the heat by removing the veins and seeds and pureeing them, then adding it to whatever. Ghost peppers are surprisingly flavorful for being a high heat chili. If you have limited options for food, Qdoba has a habanero salsa that is pretty spicy that might do the trick. El Yucateco is a very spicy hot sauce that might help too, and is generally available.

Macnult

Thai chicken with vindaloo sauce is spicy and also very good.

City of Glompton

I just ate some crushed red pepper and I feel nothing. I wish I had a big bowl of extra spicy tom yum goong.

Weekend Bridges

by Smythe
Eating a ghost pepper: drat, it doesn't seem like I ate anything at all. It's like a breeze just entered my mouth. YAWN. Snort a huge line of Blair's 16 Million Reserve? Fine, you know, just to humor you.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Have you every eaten takis? You should, they are very good and spicy.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Weekend Bridges posted:

Eating a ghost pepper: drat, it doesn't seem like I ate anything at all. It's like a breeze just entered my mouth. YAWN. Snort a huge line of Blair's 16 Million Reserve? Fine, you know, just to humor you.

Why do people enjoy hot sauce that they cant taste and also hurts a lot?

----------------

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

You're probably beyond green chile stew at this point :ohdear: Thai bird chiles are about all I can think of, sorry :(

devil

drilldo squirt posted:

Have you every eaten takis? You should, they are very good and spicy.

they taste like fruit loops dipped in chili powder

Matey

eat food

Try simultaneously spraying pepper spray in your mouth and tasering your tongue. A great combo for the thrill seeking eaters

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
Malaysian food is your friend

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

dogcrash truther
The spicy must flow

dogcrash truther
Have you tried sriracha my nizzle. with bacon and monkey cheese

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

joke_explainer posted:

NEW YORK CITY????

Time to BRAND your CHANGE!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
when you order thai they give you a number scale for how spicy you want it(many places), then they adjust your answer 2 by how white you are. So order some thai delivery by phone.

Piso Mojado

ChairmanMeow posted:

when you order thai they give you a number scale for how spicy you want it(many places), then they adjust your answer 2 by how white you are. So order some thai delivery by phone.

hahaha. ive suspected this for years!

Cyberbird

snap into a slim jim brother

drilldo squirt

dave. posted:

they taste like fruit loops dipped in chili powder

I don't see the problem.

----------------

joke_explainer

ChairmanMeow posted:

It kind of depends on the kind of place you're at. I liked this article on it. Basically thai food is supposed to be seasoned to taste, with that little condiment caddy that often contains:

Fish sauce (for salty, generally with thai bird chilis. it's 'nam pla prik' i.e. 'fish sauce peppers')
Sugar (for sweetness)
White vinegar with sliced fresh Thai chile (sourness, it's a vinegar with chilis, prik nam som 'peppers with vinegar')
Ground dried chile (phrik pon or pepper powder)

A lot of places, especially the more americanized places do dial things back enormously from what would be considered even mildly spicy in Thailand, where they want to have all those flavors in balance with each other to bring out everything in the dish. It's not about just destroying your mouth with capsaicin. When properly spicy, it should be well balanced throughout your mouth in an amazing, flavorful tingle imo. This article kind of goes into it:

http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2013/11/how-i-learned-to-stop-ordering-thai-spicy.html

fuck. marry. t-rex

Have your tried a meatball?

City of Glompton

Cyberbird posted:

snap into a slim jim brother

I tried one once, it's like someone filled a paper straw with lard. No thank you!

joke_explainer posted:

flavorful tingle

yes...I see Thai food in my future. I want spice but taste as well.

ChairmanMeow

it's good

Damp Star Baby

specialty hot sauces might also be up your alley. Look for something with Ghost Pepper, Scotch Bonnet or even some Naga Bhut Joloka if you're really looking to be hardcore.

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

City of Glompton

update: got invited to a pho place for lunch. spiciness needs have been satisfied. another byob success story!

Damp Star Baby

City of Glompton posted:

update: got invited to a pho place for lunch. spiciness needs have been satisfied. another byob success story!

freak out your friends by ordering extra rare beef slices on the side and plop them into your soup :3:

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
I don't believe in ghost peppers

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
ron color
celebrity ghost peppers

joke_explainer

Damp Star Baby posted:

freak out your friends by ordering extra rare beef slices on the side and plop them into your soup :3:

I'm not sure I have any friends that are scared of beef...

ron color

joke_explainer posted:

El Yucateco is a very spicy hot sauce that might help too, and is generally available.
its good

tao of lmao

Damp Star Baby posted:

on the side is exactly how that beef should be served to you.

alnilam

I grew some habaneros how do i make them into hot sauce help

alnilam

I also grew a lot of thai chilis and made the excess ones into tjai curry paste which i froze into ice cubes i highly recommend growing these they are really easy they grow more like a little herb bush than a pepper plant, you could grow one in your window if you wanted

ChairmanMeow

joke_explainer posted:

I'm not sure I have any friends that are scared of beef...

why do you hate lesbians?

GEExCEE

dogcrash truther posted:

The spicy must flow

dogcrash truther posted:

Have you tried sriracha my nizzle. with bacon and monkey cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

Waiter at Indian restaurant: *thinking* wow, this white guy ordered the curry extra spicy. He must be really cool, with a large but not intimidating-sized cock

• Locked thread