Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if garma could have done something different and survived, he wouldn't have. char manipulated him into that situation while perfectly understanding garma's simple personality. it's kind of questionable that char would perfectly understand what someone who had never experienced a crisis would do in a crisis, but that's oyw char for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
amuro could probably make the infamous jetpack and bikini work.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
......huh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kira's strangled whale noises are the best thing about seed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rr doesn't really need to tear them down. simply comparing the two makes bd look bad (because it is a bad show).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
didn't this exact same discussion happen 5 pages ago with the exact same participants? there's still only one weirdo with a bone to pick about bd and a bunch of people politely explaining in detail how he is wrong.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
technically, that hiroto was one of the many people present during the climax of bd. those dastards.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think there are more gundams than gms.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is never going to be a gundam show about mass produced grunts fighting mass produced grunts. it would be inimical to gunpla sales.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I’ve always heard that the high prices are because Japanese companies are worried that people in Japan would just import the international versions if they were priced reasonably.

that's happened a few times.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the federation doesn't do anything on the scale of invading mars after the oyw. at most they might put together a fleet in response to some threat, but they moan and groan about having to do even that much.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kanos posted:

The math for Wing suits makes even less sense than normal giant robot math, so who knows? A Leo is a 16 meter tall giant robot that weighs a grand total of 7 tons, despite supposedly being made of titanium.

they are made of titanium and explosions. the latter material is very lightweight.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
with grunt suits, the only metrics are how cool they look and whether 3 of one kind can beat 2 of another. it's not like they are ever a threat to gundams or other fancy custom units.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Omnicrom posted:

And it works both ways because Kai also has no real love for the Federation.

who does?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i dunno if zeon could have won the war, but they absolutely never could have occupied earth and they were fools to try.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a kabuto helmet, actually. that's what the standard gundam head shape is based on, including the v fins.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i read that as being a gently caress you, not a serious attempt at killing amuro. the nightingale has so many freaking weapons and char knows how to kill a mobile suit pilot. it's one of the very few things he can do well, after all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zeon are cooler if you are completely lacking in critical thought.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for all that uc gundam spends a lot of time on how evil cyber newtype development is, it really does work. it's just that cyber newtypes can't possibly beat stronger natural newtypes in gundams. of course, no one except bright expects gundam protagonists to show up and muck about all these super weapons that run on cruelty even though that happens every time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what the heck was up with lacus during her first appearance, anyway? she acted like she had brain damage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
r-reco should have spent more time on the story than on fights, sure. that's probably true for most gundam shows. however, the many grunt and one-off mechs in g-reco were excellent so it wasn't all bad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
like everyone in wing, zechs was completely loving nuts. it's just that he was still more sane than char.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like everything about g gundam except domon himself. he's kind of a weiner.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Artum posted:

Nah hes resolved his poo poo and gotten past being angry karate man after the first half.

except he kept doing it repeatedly during the second half. i can see why, since otherwise he'd have steamrolled his opponents, but it was still pretty dumb how he forgot his grand epiphany in like a day.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
emma was a space nazi who somehow had no idea she was a space nazi until her space nazi peers murdered a hostage. it's not like the titans were ever within shouting distance of subtlety, so they didn't really bother to conceal the kind of organization it was. i wouldn't really call her stupid, but the lady was the universal champion of being oblivious.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sayla definitely had the capability to fill char's role of mysterious subversive ace pilot, but i'm not sure what possible circumstances would actually make her do so. she never really gave a poo poo about any of the stuff that drove char.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if sayla had started piloting in space instead of after the white base came to earth she probably would have left amuro in the dust. she took to it crazy fast and started developing newtype abilities almost immediately after they returned to space.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think anyone expected them to take the single most insane and self-defeating option possible. loading everyone up on side 3 and riding it into the ocean as a vendetta against whales would make more sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the full msg dvd series was the first dvds i ever purchased. heck, it might have been my first online purchase, since i didn't have a computer until my 20's.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

I mean, even before the negotiations started, Gihren was running a longterm shadowy plot to frame his sister for trying to murder him so he could have her dealt with.

Those family issues were pretty much going to explode one way or the other even before the patricide. Gihren just ensured that it'd be a clean sweep.

and kycilia was also completely focused on amassing resources for her inevitable succession conflict against gihren. the early successes of zeon had absolutely nothing to do with that idiot family.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there have been so many zeon remnant factions that there's no reason why gihren couldn't have made one, too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when i was watching that show i thought the same about why the side with limited supplies and support went with the convoluted and delicate victory. but nah, uso just kept getting enough parts to make a dozen gundams which he used as consumable weapons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
newtype galactic idols would be a real fuckin' trip.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was really funny how at the end there weren't really any second tier good guys left standing to fight alongside allenby. so, they pulled out the sinister blind assassin as a newly valiant heroic figure. the guy who compensated for his blindness with hearing. in space. piloting the mandala gundam, which is a serious contender for goofiest gundam in the show which is saying an awful lot. even better, the mermaid gundam pilot was a good guy who only had to retire because his gundam broke down. also, they pumped out a bunch of mermaid gundams in a background shot. he did not return for the final battle.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so i heard aot was a show about space exploration where the warp drives are powered by gay men boning down.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's such a strange nickname, too. like, oz was infested with nobility and zechs was pretending not to be one of them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dorothy didn't realize that constant threats of murder is the only thing that gets relena going.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hating wufei is just common sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so are there any sd gundam shows that are good? not adequate or tolerable, actually good. i don't know much about that sub-franchise other than that it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
less charisma than a faceless dating sim protagonist