Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Namtab posted:

What's everyone's fave gundam (show) and gundam (big robot)

I'm gonna say 00 season 1 and Wing gundam.

Build Fighters 1, and Wing gundam Fenice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Namtab posted:

I'm going to ask now that people give reasons for their choices like I did so that we don't get pyf tier posting tia.

My reasons for liking Fenice are basically similar to yours for liking Wing though. Only Fenice is a broken down Wing with a cool laser cloak and a motorcycle!

Build Fighters is my pick because it was a very fun show and actually got me to buy toys like it was supposed to.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Parallax posted:

This is me, except I didn't care about Wing. Actually, I cared about Wing, I just thought it was boring as heck. I thought all the mobile suits were super cool, though. I still have a bunch of Gundam action figures when those were actually sold here, including BATTLED SCARRED ones

You're not wrong. Wing's mobile suits are all really good though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I liked a lot of Gundam Seed's OPs and insert songs when I first watched it. Still do even if I don't care for the show as much nowadays.

On a different note, Gundam Wing's fighting game was rad and had cool music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdhZBPNQ_kM

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

tsob posted:

The only thing I really remember about Relena is that she finishes off Endless Waltz by deciding that absolute pacifism was a bad idea, and leading a civilian revolt against the Marieamia (however the gently caress it's spelt) army to finish things, because their passive refusal to fight was what enabled that army in the first place. Which I thought was a pretty nice way to finish out her character given her advocacy of pacifism prior to that point.

I always enjoyed that scene since up to that point, everyone had been fighting to avoid casualties, and then all of a sudden Heero drops in outta the sky ready to blow everything up with his beam rifle, no fucks given, and Relena gives him the OK to fire even though she's in the target zone.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
To be fair, I got my friend into watching Gundam through Try, because he was a fan of G Gundam. We watched the episodes of Try that were available at the time, and then went back to watch the first season.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm just saying a lot of the hate towards Try is a bit unwarranted. It's true that that it's not as good as the first season, but it's not bad enough that it'd be actively be recommended not watching. In a vacuum, it's a decent enough show, albeit generic shonen battle.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That reminds me that Katz was one of the kids in the first Gundam series. Was there any point to the kids in Zeta? At least in the first series, it's justified how White Base was full of civilians and the kids were basically orphans with nowhere to go.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Hellioning posted:

I wouldn't mind an original series remake, but then it'd probably be followed up with a Zeta remake and no one wants that.

I dunno, kamille pushing a crippled jerid down a mountain in modern animation could still work

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah I was actually watching Zeta at the same time as G-reco so seeing how characters acted in each got me used to Tomino’s style of characterization, since they felt really similar

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Some kinda UC

There's bound to be a better visual, I just happened to be up when they streamed this.

EDIT: Better visual

UC97

Allarion fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Apr 20, 2018

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Here's the trailer snippet from the stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DCGLJI3JE&t=761s

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Kanos posted:

This actually continues even past the very beginning. Heine dies specifically because of Kira's disarmament; he's dunking the poo poo out of Stellar with little effort, Kira chops his arms off(and all the Gouf Ignited's weapons are in the arms), Stellar kills Heine.

Outta curiosity I rewatched that scene. I feel like he would have died regardless armed or not... though really if he had stayed in place he wouldn't have died cause Stellar only kills him cause he happened to be in the way since she was aiming at Kira

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Kanos posted:

If Kira hadn't chopped his arms off he probably would have beaten her pretty handily. Either way he would have had absolutely no way to defend himself against anyone who wanted him dead.

No I mean he turned his back on her and drifted toward Kira cause he was upset at Kira, leading to his death. Armless or not, he probably would have died cause he stopped paying attention to her, though that can be indirectly blamed on Kira.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That said, Kira did kill Stellar by blowing up the cannons, so you can apply the criticism of Kira recklessly shooting stuff prone to exploding there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly don't see how. Yeah, Kira killed Stellar, but he killed Stellar by stabbing the giant glowing death cannons that were charging up to blow up Shinn.

(He's totally to blame for her death because he was the one who triggered her to go berserk when she was calming down but to give Kira credit he had literally zero way of knowing that.)

To also be fair to Kira, the Minerva was also preparing to blow Stellar the gently caress up with a Tannhauser. Even if he hadn't killed her, Talia was going to.

I couldn't find a clip to conveniently rewatch so my argument is less sound here :ssh:

I was basing it off of hazy memories of Shinn calming Stella down and then Kira swooping in and blowing poo poo up, so fair enough

Allarion fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 10, 2018