Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
IT'S A (new) GUNDAM THREAD!

I love all covers of that song that was the last post in the previous Mega Thread.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh hey, I didn't know about Thunderbolt.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I just wanna throw in how much I love Gundam's space stuff. Like, dumb, but realistic feeling, details like having a smoking room where dudes can blow their smoke into a tube and poo poo to keep it out of the air and all, the shots of guys just swimming through the air, all that is just really nice to see.

Opoosite side of the scale, Quess Gundam cockpit jumping.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Is there a comprehensive list that shows what was cut from the series for the Mobile Suit Gundam movies?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Time to board the depression train and start my first viewing of Victory Gundam!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Droyer posted:

You should post about it, in the gundam thread. We had someone else do that and it was a fun time

edit: whoops this is the gundam thread. i got confused

Oh boy a mass grave and we're barely over the five minute mark.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

I think he's kind of a dick but he's a teenager and he's had a pretty traumatizing couple of days on top of his newtype stuff so I don't mind him

I still think how oddly hilarious things escalate with Kamille. From playing hookie and getting into a fist fight with a soldier over having A GIRLS NAME to being an orphan running with an illegal rebel group with a stolen war machine.

What a day indeed.

Also, the theme from the first opening of Zeta grows on you. Stardust Memories is my favourite opening song and montage.

Tae posted:

He did throw Jerid off a mountain though, at least.

This and the other videos never get old.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 2, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Victory Gundam is pretty much Come And See the anime, isn't it?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

LeadSled posted:

I wouldn't go that far. I'd imagine you've gotten far enough in to realize that almost no one has plot armor in this series, though.

Well not as brutal but it sure pulls no punches when it comes to the damage of war now.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

closeted republican posted:

Prepare my Zack for combat so I can destroy Noah Bright for the glory of John.

Oh my god I need to watch those FMV's again.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Please god tell me the whole 'We have to assemble the Victory Gundam piece by piece' goes away. I'm already tired of it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Midjack posted:

No, it happens pretty much the whole time. I got tired of it too, especially when it took them forever to get the thing out though Usso did get to do some fun improvised stuff in the meantime.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, the bad guys from what I have seem in some moments seem to make Zeon look....efficient? good at their job? the gently caress?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Reds posted:

Zanscare are the most crazy out of the UC Gundam factions. They're completely insane.

As it turns out giving independence to the colonies was a bad idea because with they keep installing monarchies and cults as their leaders.

Holy poo poo, a real guillotine! I thought it was just a name for a secret weapon or something but no, an actual 19th century loving guillotine.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Uso just got Bright...punched?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Whats the deal with some of the blue uniforms some of the crew wore in 0079? I assumed it was some sort of Military Training/Academy deal like they were pretty much planned to be trained up and sent out to fight Zeon ASAP?

Or were they just more general Technical Crew kind of uniforms?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It kind of bugs me weirdly, also don't forget Federation female officers wear the same gear as male ones.

UNIFORMS!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

closeted republican posted:

It was the late 70s.

I want to know why. I want to know THE ORIGIN of it all.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I know it isn't the same word, but every time somebody says Odelo's name in Victory Gundam I just think rhyming Becktionary for some reason.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Why is the Zanscare BESPA officer lady dressed up like Charlie Chaplin?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i think it's a cool outfit for her, regardless of it being a reference or not

Victory Gundam continues ZZ's weird fashion choices and well, I cannot say I hate it.

I do question the Cravats with the military uniforms now. What is wrong with a good tight collar you hippies?

Part of me hopes Victory continues with this weird mish mash 19th century meets modern sci-fi throughout.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sorry man :smith: welcome to the case of the Unicorn blues. Time to cherry pick what you liked from it and move on.

I nominate Puru 2 being the most annoying character to play in the 2nd Dynasty Warriors Gundam game due to the fact she exclaims how DARE you every time you use the ranged attack on somebody.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I really hope we get a late UC Gundam series where we follow one side who win and WHOOPS turns out they are the bad guys and they hollow out the Federation and set up the cluster gently caress that is the setting for Victory Gundam.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Kai is fantastic. Dubbed, subbed, Abridged and in Manga form in every appearance. Embrace the Kai.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh wow, space exile. Poor Fuala :smith:.

Not even Chronicle in his dumb ski mask three piece suit combo could make this less sad.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Those loving wigs. Those awful, awful wigs.

"You see your majesty, this here space battleship is incredibly baller now it has two giant motorcycle wheels attached to the hull to enable sweet space wheelies. Why yes, my perriwig does make me look like a lovechild of Princes Charles II...."

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I don't hate Hayato, he's just so so very bland. Plus he's stuck with the Guntank. Even his selection quote in DWG2 is hilariously pathetic.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Monaghan posted:

Hayato's pretty much doomed to be a loser since he cries about how he's not as good as amuro and is clearly fraw's silver medal.

I bet Fraw wondered sometimes she didn't go with Kai. She could be running around the jungle in smart white business suit tripping dudes up and racing race cars instead of being step mother to Asteroid bait.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Kai grew up to be James Bond. He would never stay tied down to Fraw.

A Moneypenny in that time line, a wife to a sad sack musuem head in another poor Fraw is doomed to always be friend zoned by Amuro.

Also, dear god Victory Gundam is horryfying when they try to animate noses at a certain angle. What wrong with you faaaaaaaaace.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Hayato almost made me feel bad in ZZ for Katz's death. Heartbreaking scene even if Katz was garbage.

Poor guy, then he got a colony dropped on him.

Did we ever found out what happened to Fraw and the adopted former space orphans after ZZ/CCA?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Logicblade posted:

Docker Iqq is the loving man and the best part about Victory.

Space. Battleship. Motorbike.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Just finished episode 24 of Victory, nobody has died in a while. Got a sense of slowly building impending doom.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Dozle looks so proud in that picture.

I like the one from the previous or later game where Garma grows this rad looking ponytail.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Droyer posted:

Kamille has problems

He's a teenager with problems with lovely parents who's also a newtype. Jerid making fun of his ~name~ was the spark.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So is Katejina just some internet friend of Uso's or something?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Reds posted:

Far as I can tell that's basically it. I can't remember if they ever met in person prior to the series.

I just saw his mother in a flashback she is blond and has blue eyes just like Katajina. This show is starting to get really weird after the super laser. Which already looked like a penis. Tomino good god man.

Also, the Shrike team deaths are like the cheapest of kill them all I've seen. Like, you barely have any connection with them before they start getting bumped off in a way. It is just a quick way to trauma grow the main character.

I felt sorry more for frigging Gottn in ZZ when he died.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I imagine he was always like that, fanatical supporters of a charismatic individual always think of them as good saintly people.

Forgive the IRL examples here but The Duke of Wellington loving hated his wife after marriage because just marrying her was getting back at being turned down before he got famous and well Napoleon despite sadly leaving his barren beloved had no issues at all telling his siblings to divorce their common spouses for European Royalty. And those are the minor issues.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Also, what bugs the hell out of me with Victory is Shakti keeps bringing that baby with her all over the drat place. That and when a character looks directly at the camera and their nose turns into some horrible growth.

EDIT: One of the Blues Brothers tribute band guys pistol whipped Haro. Haro gets hosed with a lot here.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 11, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh god. Uso really is one of the more unluckier Gundam Ace Newtype pilots. At least it wasn't as messy for Kamille's mother :gonk:.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

20 episodes deep into Zeta. I burst out laughing when the 80s guitar wail hit during Kamille and Four's date. This show has excellent music.

I love the Zeta Gundam music too, especially the first half of this track when poo poo is about to go down.

Zeon apologists suck, Zeon sucks. But well, they do have nice looking uniforms when they aren't going full Nazi. But I also love the Federations uniforms too.

So yeah, in the final stretch of Victory Gundam. Everyone is pretty much squaring up to each other in their fleets. It is Tomino time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Truly the only good people are the colonies that said gently caress that noise and just ignored that war if they could.