Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gundam Wing is real good and has the best grunt designs and you should all watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

everythingWasBees posted:

Should probably add a "If you're in it just for the robots or toys toys" reccomendation for build fighters.

Build Fighters can be recommended for more than just that. As long as you're not after hard sci fi or whatever (why would you be watching gundam then) it's a legit fun story in addition to its fantastic fights.

Sadly, Try can be skipped.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Namtab posted:

What's everyone's fave gundam (show) and gundam (big robot)

I'm gonna say 00 season 1 and Wing gundam.

Build Fighters 1, Tallgeese. Though if you limit the latter category specifically to gundams rather than all mobile suits, I'll go with Destiny.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The only really mediocre mobile suit in Wing is Sandrock. Everything else is great.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It should not be a surprise that these are among my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qie69s6dJ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIV-t6VMwhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7QXWkimA0A

The cover art for those is also a good reminder of how good the Gundam Wing art can be. The Rhythm Emotion op still looks amazing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ricardo Fellini swigging from a flask in broad daylight. I've missed him so much.

Also Sei's dad being a terrible husband again and sitting with Ral and Chinan instead of his wife.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 25, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm sad now because I've been reminded of how good Build Fighters 1 was and how bad Try was. This may be compounded by having listened to a few seconds of the Try dub and hoo buddy is it terrible.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you didn't enjoy Mao turning every glowing part of his gunpla into a beam cannon then you're dead inside.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

More UC who cares. Wake me up when we're back to AC.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I still can't get over how Fumina's gunpla was written such that its primary purpose was to explode so the boys could fight better. I mean her second half one was pretty good at least, but still.

And Ali is certainly a terrible person, but I don't know if he's really a bad character.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 30, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Srice posted:

Ali is a pretty solid character.

...in season 1.

Look we don't talk about season 2 okay?

Except the cool CB uniforms. Those you can talk about. Oh and 'll also allow talking about Setsuna a pink haired girl whose name I can't remember.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 30, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Patrick is the only person in 00 who had a happy ending. It's debatable whether Kati did.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't recall her loving gundam the franchise so much as just loving gunpla, which would be something that separates her from Sei. Not being the world's greatest prodigy builder would also be a good distinguishing point.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 31, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

God I forgot about assimilation. They put it in to try to raise the stakes but fell well short of like the Sei/Reiji vs Fellini fight because there was zero emotion or attachment in any Try fight.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have to question the opinions and moral standing of anyone who likes Wufei. The entire rest of the cast of Wing is good, with Treize and Relena being the best.

And it still amuses me that Relena's dub VA is also two later captain moms and I can't believe the BF dub hosed up that joke with Sei's mom.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Fair. Let me try that again.

I would watch an entire series just about Ricardo Fenice and Greco Logan.

This but Mihoshi instead of Greco Logan. He can make cameos from time to time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of Gundam Wing, it looks like they literally just started putting up HD remaster episodes on the gundaminfo youtube channel. Unfortunately, it is not the dub. The captions appear to match the dub though.

Dare I hope for a bluray release?

Dare I hope further that this means Frozen Teardrop?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Apparently I did! Thanks for the information and it is time to put in an order.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PenguinKnight posted:

since it's being put up on gundam info, i watched the first episode of Wing last night. the end to that episode is goofy as hell and great

I mean the episode basically starts with Zechs jumping out of a carrier in reentry with a ground based mobile suit to fight Heero in freefall, then wrassles the Wing and jumps out of the Leo while still probably pretty high up.

Wing is intense, perhaps.

Also I hope they put up the definitive version, the dub. And it's a shame the soundtrack was taken down, because Wing's soundtrack is great.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 6, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tallgeese is good for the same reason leos are good, they're not visually overdesigned. The only real bit of extraneous flair is Tallgeese's rad helmet.

Also didn't some gundam needs work out that leos are like top tier among mass produced mobile suits across the whole franchise in terms of (made up) stats?

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 6, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I still kinda wish that Zechs and Heero hadn't swapped Zero and Epyon with each other. It would have been a neat reversal.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The next one should be Fellini and Mihoshi.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

According to the end of the episode preview it's Fumina and Gyanko.

Could be alright, unless it revolves around Sekai.

It's going to revolve around Sekai, isn't it?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I believe in Frozen Teardrop.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kirara is the actual best character in BF, even over Fellini.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's because the stakes are low that they can take it so seriously. Low stakes are good. We should care because of how much the characters care, not because losing means the world ends.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If you're going to watch SEED, watch the dub for Rau alone.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

holy poo poo is gundam seed an ugly series

SEED's mobile suits aren't ugly, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monaghan posted:

The freedom gundam is a fantastic design sir :colbert:.

Also the Destiny, because 12-year-old-cool things are still cool. The Savior was also neat but jobbed immediately because Athrun sucks and can't save anyone.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

UC more like Poo C.

Give me Frozen Teardrop already!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Try fooled me once. I won't be fooled again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like that the back of the box has the very gundam line "We will never stop fighting."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

BGM is going to be Wings of a Boy Who Killed Adolescence and it's never coming off that.

Until they add Trans-Am Raiser and Zechs Comes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

I am really bad at Gundam Versus

So am I. I'm doing free battles and only sometimes beating two normal AIs with a hard AI teammate.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dulkor posted:

So what have folks been playing as in Versus so far? I've found myself gravitating to the RX-78 as a good jack of all trades, the Exia because despite 00's flaws that suit will always be one of my favorites, and the Delta Plus mostly to unlock Bright.

Tallgeese I, though I'm also liking G-Arcane and a lot of the cheapo grunt suits, probably because they're fast.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have played once online and have a 100% win rate. Back to CPU matches to preserve this victory.

I'm also going to take 3/4 of the 2 on 2 match being Barbatos Lupus as a sign.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm waiting for Destiny, 00 Raiser, and Leo, but I fear I may be waiting eternally.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dumb question, how the heck do you control the transformed forms? I only seem to be able to fly level or up, which makes aiming rather impossible.

Actually I can't even figure out how to do the transformations that don't have a dedicated button.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 2, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Marx Headroom posted:

Just started 00 and very surprised/pleased at how lovely these grunt suits are

I love the Graze from IBO because it's like a cheap sedan, these 00 grunts are like a unicycle with a square wheel

Look at this lovely thing

It screams "please kill me" I'm in love

What? 00 grunts own. They're not the greatest grunt suit in the entire franchise (Leo) but they all have neat ideas behind them to show just how far ahead the gundams were. The flying ones are spindly because they have to be to get off the ground, and the tieren are like the first attempt at tanks on legs.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I couldn't make out what was in the teaser for next episode, but come on just give me Fellini already.