Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
was that the one where in response to Audrey's speech from Unicorn another bunch of Zeon nutters are like 'obviously this means we need to keep fighting'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

It's on the writers who introduced a celebrity-voiced character in a hamfisted way, built him up in a hamfisted way across a couple of episodes, and then killed him in a hamfisted way and expected you to feel sad.

edit: What's it called when they show a ghostly overlay of a character as they die? because he got one of those after only being in the show for like 4 episodes lmbo

The Really Dead Montage?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In fairness Haman also completely wrecked Char's poo poo at the end of Zeta.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe they would have taken her more seriously if she had a slightly less ridiculous haircut.

It's like Haman Khan except bad.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Booourns posted:

Not to defend Ages silly story, but I thought they learned right away that living there was killing them but the earth government basically abandoned them to their fate, and it took a long time to build all that crazy poo poo that let them go back

well yeah, but in a sane world the first thing they would have done with said crazy poo poo is parked their colony in earth orbit with their army of then-invincible robot dragons and yell 'WE'RE HOOOOOOOOME.'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Also, there's still time on the clock, but Build Divers does feel like one of the worse Gundam shows. It doesn't even have interesting ideas, and the thing it sold itself on initially (big, tactical ten-on-ten battles)... hasn't happened. At most, it's been five on five, and we got, what, two of those? If you're generous?

'We'll have big battles for our Gundam Build Fighters sequels! Three-on-three, no wait, ten-on-ten!'
-later-
'Huh. Turns out animating and blocking poo poo for double digit combatants is kinda hard to do. Go figure.'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The bizarre thing is that based on the settings Rayearth is showing up one game late.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Is the G-Reco movie a sequel movie or a recut of the show?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There's a gag in SRWX where the Captial Army from G-Reco rebuild the ZZ because 'look at the specs on this thing! it's gotta be some kind of monster superweapon!'

And then the first time they actually put a pilot in it he can't steer the machine for nuts because it's the hunk of cobbled together bullshit that is the ZZ and Judau (fighting on the opposite side) has to yell out instructions just so the pilot doesn't crash and kill himself.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You guys realize we're talking about a franchise that regularly does post-plot inclusions for Zambot and Dunbine, right

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

You'd think after the 2nd attempt at 'communication' the ELS would realize everyone they try to communicate with ends up dead and stop being so hellbent on continuing said 'communication'

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Merilan posted:

The only Build series I've watched was the original and I mostly remember the Wing Gundam appearing in the first episode looking cool and thinking "Ah maybe it won't be abused and mangled--" and then it did

hang in there wing gundam, you'll get someone who loves you one day

If you wanna watch a Wing Gundam (or at least a variany of it) being awesome you really should watch more Build Fighters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nena Trinity is terrible but the show never once tries to pretend that she is not terrible, which paradoxically earns her points in favour.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Discussing Build Fighters music made me go back and rewatch some of the episodes on Youtube.

drat but the fights in GBF were so good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Savable McGillis?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also playable Yazan. Never forget V gave us playable Yazan.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hey he puts on sunglasses sometimes

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I am still mildly amused when I remember that in SRWBX adapted Gundam AGE they drew a mugshot for Yurin but didn't bother to do the same for Emily.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There is the hilarity in Z2 where if you take the Geass routes a significant chunk of your earlygame enemies are just helicopters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Season 2 can be mostly be played straight with the rest of the SRW cast telling Orga 'this plan is stupid and reckless but we've still got your back because we're a team' (repeat an needed for the amount of stupid and reckless decisions he makes)

Then the finale has everyone who needs to survive survive because an SRW protagonist team is the biggest concentrated mass of raw firepower in the solar system + the Invaders will show up to eat Rustal's fleet or something necessitating a hasty ceasefire.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The Seven Stars are also abolished as a system, but at that point large portions of the Seven Stars were dead anyway. And Rustal instantly gets voted in to become head of the new government so it's no skin off his back.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I mean, in terms of 'hilariously game breaking', you get the Yamato almost from the word 'go'.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

SRW has battleships being the beefiest units on the player's side!

Bar some outliers like Mazinger Zero but well, it's Zero.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

All I know is that if I were a Federation officer by the time of Unicorn it'd be a struggle for me to muster the willpower to give a poo poo anymore.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Did ReRise finish or is it only on the end of Season 1?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Even so...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Never forget.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder how Char would fare in the era of constant social media presence.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

MonoEyes too iconic as the bad guy machine.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Also in that specific game her Ace bonus (getting 70 kills w/ that pilot) changes her Cyber-Newtype status to Newtype.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

AoT literally ends in like a week (9th April is the final chapter)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There are lots of ways a SEED Destiny sequel could go. Interested enough to keep an eye out, I suppose.