Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Disney will make a gorgeously hand animated remake of Star Wars as a sop to all the people going “why live action remake???” Of some of the best animated films of all times.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Rocco tortured a guy??

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I like the orchestral, but Z Toki Wo Koete is an all time banger.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Doan was great.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Nuebot posted:

what if they made it look like redline, do people still like redline?

Hell do you mean do people still like redline.

In any case, as much as I LOVE redline, I do not feel that’s the right animation style for uc gundam.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

It’s a dream someone had you dorkwads

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Hey dorks all gabdams is good

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Zedd posted:

They might not be good but they are Mondo Cool.

🙏👍👍

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Works for me too. Tsob has been banned from mark.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I love nadesco. It’s 90s mecha anime, semi silly, super serious. fits my vibe.

But if you think the show is mean spirited, the MOVIE is comically so.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Remember when you had to be an rear end in a top hat to get letterboxed vhs? It was like looking for laser discs or some poo poo.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Is that actual or just a parody of the "I saw Shazam! (essay)" and "Just saw Captain Marvel. "

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Nanai pulled it outta him with a turkey baster.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I said what I said

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Is this bad no good terrible game translated or what

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Ah PlayStation huh I guess my pure mind will be protected.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Alright shut it down we are done here.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

ninjewtsu posted:

over 20 years ago yeah, things change over time!

Something awful isn’t indicative of the broader cultural impact. Wing was practically loathed here at the height of its popularity and western cultural cache.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

So I hated G Gundam as a kid. I had a wierd thing about Copying and to my child brain G gundam was a bad copy of Wing (cuz guess which one I saw first). Anyway, didn't give it a chance. Also didn't help that the G Gundam toys were way way worse than the wing ones.

After years and years of G Gundam praise on the forums, I gave it another shot in like, 2009? Got a ways into it like 20 or so eps with my roomies but I was not doing it. Also, we were watching dub because it was being praised for hat at the time too.

After seeing a ton of posts on twitter about G because of the anniversary, and having recently rewatched Giant Robo and appreciating it vastly more than when I watched it in early college, I started giving G another another shot (with the sub this time).

3 eps in and I'm enjoying it a lot more. I think the dub was getting in my way a lot (I think we dropped it in 09 because domon wouldn't shut the gently caress up about a super move in that one ep, which at the time felt so goddamn stupid for a gundam show but it's fine as a martial arts gundam thing and not having to hear the dub actor say it exactly the same anonoying way each time, hopefully).

Anyway I've been posting thoughts on twitter and was wondering if people are okay with me posting thoughts here off the top of my head as I go. I'm watching Ep 4 rn with france gundam.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

ep.2
Very funny for Domon to knock out a black boxer and take his place in the ring... and nobody notices until he takes his hood down!

I really think the dub was getting in my way. Watching it as a lens of how early 90s japan viewed other cultures is a lotta fun.

ep.3
Wait why does domon still have the photo he ripped it up in the first ep..?

ep.4
Hey now I don't like the disrespect being shown castro gundam

"I don't want to fight you gently caress off idiot" - france gundam

Domon has gone from moody to arrogant in 3 eps.

lotta kidnapping on this huh

Love the funnels as roses. Not sure if I like them puckering before they fire tho

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I was not into fighting anime. Wing was 7th grade for me, so I love giant robots, mecha, outlaw star you know. but fighting stuff did nothing for me. It wasn't until Kai that I gave DBZ even half a chance. And given how similar the designs are, and everything else, so G Gundam scratched no itches for me.

The Dub is not bad but it's not good enough for me to like it over the japanese dub, unlike FLCL or Cowboy Bebop. That said I love the Wing dub because it's so bizarre and also that's how I watched it in the first place. So during the 09 attempt I was trying the dub even though everything else I was watching at the time was original voices.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Ep.6
(beginning of ep)why does rain kinda look like domons mom?
(End of ep) okay i have more questions.

Ep.7 goddamn tequila gundam rules.

Sombreros as far as the eye can see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Caros posted:

Nah, you nailed it in one.

IBO was drilling down the idea of 'no one gets out of this alive' for most of the second season (with a subversion at the end). So many groups and factions get ground up by the war and you have this c-list kid in way over his head with a little sister he adores who is thinking that maybe he should find an off ramp just as things are heating up.

He was biscuit 2.0 and it was a miracle that he made it out of that show alive.

The one gal that gets it in the shop at near the end of S2 was both telegraphed and shocking. I was genuinely surprised.