Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Let's see what happens when you stick Three Gremlins in a Blender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

28 out of 48 signups:

My count is off by 1 and I dont know where. Ah well. Found it, one of the stranglers has the word strangler in their name.

And 3 Gremlins. :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Halfway there! We need more goons!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Tithin, coward, Klokwurk, you're with me.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Klokwurk posted:

AJ_Impy and other Team 6 members, I suggest we go for a dignified name that will remain totally relevant in the long term, like... a halloween pun.

Sold!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Klokwurk posted:

Team 6, I guess I'll mess with our name now just for the sake of not being 'Team 6' any more. Feel free to change our name to a better/more terrible one of your choosing, mine is gonna be pretty bad.

Sticking with the theme, trying something else, let me know what you think. Also, if you, Tithin and Coward would prefer email, my eponymous one is at yahoo.com.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Klokwurk posted:

Bad to the Bone? Hmm, There must be a better skeleton pun than that though...

Skeletal earworm placeholder up until we think of one.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

jon joe posted:

A friendly cat with permadeath.

Made of gold.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Klokwurk posted:

Made of cats.

Which are, in turn, golden.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I'm more interested in learning which commissioner responds obediently to threats.

If you know what's good for you, you'll tell me.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

goatface posted:

I blame the organising committee. Should have spent less time on choosing the seat colours and more on making sure the band actually knew the national anthems.

How can you not get the anthems right?!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
So, that's a fast 2-battle lead for Spermy Smurf in the fight commish stakes! Will he hold on to his early advantage, or will the slovenly slugabeds in his wake get off their well-upholstered backsides and help him on fight-running duty?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

jon joe posted:

Look, everyone, there is clearly a simple answer.

Nuke the tournament.

Not enough z-levels to reach orbit. :(

Since we can't be sure, carry on. If home field advantage is that good, we'll just have to make sure everyone plays the same number of home games.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Bad Munki posted:

Which is currently exactly what's happening.

You're right, that was phrased a bit too subtly.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

NICE TRY.

Also goddamn does that cow keep getting his loving bell rung in this log. How many head hits did he tank?

Nine.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Thirteen if you count getting his teeth knocked out, his ear torn off, his nose torn off, and his cheek obliterated. :v:

True, but ctrl-c ctrl-f "A Lost Cowman in the head" seemed like a good idea at the time.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

GreyPowerVan posted:

Every time I see 5+ posts I'm like "yay maybe it was our fight" but no, it never was. I want to see us get murdered already :v:

We're down to the last two fights of the round, and we have three active commissioners. Shouldn't be a problem.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
As much as I'd like Three Gremlins in a Blender to claim a hat trick on their home debut, the dubious kills panel insists that one goes to Candy Corn Tiger:

Combat Log posted:

Candy Corn Tiger_Skeletons slashes Goku_Furry in the head with his iron halberd and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Goku_Furry has been struck down.

Meaning that all three of our meleeists got a kill, ably assisted by our heart-shooting Kobold marksman. :black101:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Bowbolds are pretty effective in a team lineup, most of my testing had them making significant contributions whilst the meleers got on with the murder. A pure bowbold team died very, very quickly, but having just one made for some surprisingly good results.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

:negative: gently caress you all.

Hey! We aren't the ones who built your gladiator or team. :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Ah well. Broken spine, still bites people and soaks up ridiculous amounts of damage.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Klokwurk posted:

Bloody hell, I just read some more of the combat log. Most of my team was incredibly delicious, judging by how much we got bitten and shaken around by the heads.

This is the trouble when your fighter concept is essentially a gremlin smoothie. :(

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
My guy became a hexaplegic. That only made him angry enough to successfully bite through silver plate. :allears:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
A. Whichever kind of best record we end up using.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Slade gauntlets apparently worked, so a heavy metal glove makes for a useful emergency backup punch/scratch material.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I took the liberty of tallying up everyone's kills.

Halfway through round three, we have several fighters tied on five kills each:
Srirarcha Fartstorm Returns of Worse Munki
Three Gremlins in a Blender of Spooky Scary Skeletons
Albrik the Insignificant of Worker Cooperative
Dusseldwarf of Subterranean Animists
Qwarf of Subterranean Animists

Who will be the first to break the team-and-a-half barrier?

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 7, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

I think there is a mistake with one of the end-of-fight kill tallies. In the log and commentary Josie kills two people, but is only credited in the tally for 1. For posterity.

Found it. -1 kill for Dory, +1 kill for Josie. Thanks!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Looks like Albrik is the first to six kills, he's a shoe-in for the All-Stars. That's more kills individually than Team Laser Explosion have managed collectively.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I'm noting that half and half down for Experiment 22's tally, owing to the last hit before SN bled out. Sriracha Fartstorm Returns doesn't improve on their kill count, meaning Albrik is still out in front.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

At the end you can see what kinds of weapons are best for racking up kills. I'd assume slashing.

Provided the builds stay the same, yes, though we need to factor in physical attacks and wrestling where that earns a kill.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Every division so far has a pathetic whipping boy team. Lightly Whipped, A furry, farmer and two cows and A Tarantino Film have only managed one kill each in their humiliating defeats. This Bites haven't even achieved that. Not one enemy has fallen to them.

The last match of this round will see the Plump Helmets try to join the Subterranean Animists on three wins out of three. If they achieve a flawless victory, they get a double digit kill difference as well. Their opponents are A Tarantino Film. Will the whipping boys ascend to the ranks of the adequate, or will we see a new front runner stride forth?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
A Tarantino film confirmed as whipping boys. Plump Helmets join the Subterranean Animists as unbeaten frontrunners.

Now let's get this show on the road.

The first inter-divisional round sees the Helmets, leaders of Syrupleaf, face the Spooky Scary Skeletons, leaders of Gemclod. The Animists face Team 13, with the Heavyweight Horrorshow off the top of Boatmurdered only by kill difference. There are no all-whipping boy matches.

The front runners for top kill count are as follows.

6: Albrik the insignificant
5: Sriracha Fartstorm Returns, Three Gremlins in a Blender, Dusseldwarf, Qwarf and Dory.
4: 7 gladiators
3: 3 gladiators
2: 12 gladiators
1: 16 gladiators
0: 20 gladiators.

The divisional top killers: Srirarcha for Boatmurdered, Three Gremlins for Gemclod, Albrik for Syrupleaf and Qwarf and Dusseldwarf for Bronzestabbed.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 15, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
One-sixth. We get 3 versus our division, then 12 versus each team from the other divisions, then the 3 reverse home/away fixtures from our own division before the playoffs.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
It makes sense to have the interdivisional rounds at a neutral venue since each side only plays the others once.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

grobbendonk posted:

Wouldn't it be fairer to wait another round before dropping the advantage, so all teams have had 2 home rounds?

No, because we reinstate the bonus for the last three rounds, which are the reverse fixtures for the first three. Everyone ends up with 3 home, 3 away and 12 neutral.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Seven matches have been won by the away team, out of the 24 matches run so far.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
That, and since I always go all in on our side, it keeps a share of money in house no matter what happens.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Wow! A spectacular double bill of arena murder, as This Bites overcome the ignominy of leaving their division with no blood on their hands to take out a massive favourite in Go Big and/or Go Home 4-1! This means I finally have to put them on my kill tally sheet. On top of that, the champions of Gemclod have given the first defeat to the champions of Syrupleaf! Spooky Scary Skeletons draw level with Plump Helmets on overall kills with 13 apiece, but are ahead on kill difference by a single point. In the individual standings, Three Gremlins in a Blender joins Albirik the Insignificant at the summit with 6 kills, whilst Candy Corn Tiger's impressive hat-trick elevates him to the second tier on five kills.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Two Chicks w/dicks are now level at the kill count summit with 13, with Stumpy making it a three way tie in the individual standings on 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Mygna posted:

Make the tie-breaker the number of lopped-off limbs, in my (completely unbiased) opinion :black101:

Right. Extremity removal by the current top 3.

Albirik:
3 heads
1 right lower arm
1 left foot
1 left lower arm
1 left upper leg
1 lower body

Total: 3 decapitations, 1 chop in half, 3 limbs, 1 terminal extremity.

Three Gremlins:
2 left lower arms
5 heads
1 left front leg
1 left rear leg
1 upper body
1 right upper arm
2 right hands
1 right lower arm

Total: 5 decapitations, 1 chop in half, 6 limbs, 2 terminal extremities.

Stumpy:
1 right paw
1 right hand
3 heads
1 right upper leg
1 left lower leg
1 abdomen
1 right lower leg
1 left lower arm
1 left foot

Total: 3 decapitations, 1 chop in half, 4 limbs, 3 terminal extremities.

Looks like Three Gremlins in a Blender is just about ahead.