Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

None pizza with loss beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Saw one on Twitter that said "coca cola murders union leaders" using extended letters and it's always fun seeing people discover this news for the first time.

e: and I have no idea how to save gifs on mobile twitter

Murders or murdered? Because if it's the former, that is also new to me.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

"Don't mention it" is a common reply to someone thanking you, to indicate that you don't require anything in return. An elephant in the room is an allegory for something you are aware of but avoid mentioning. Therefore "don't mention it" has a double meaning in the given context.

E: Additionally, the joke itself becomes an "elephant in the room" when the first commenter does not understand it and doesn't get it explained to them, making it a triple-layered joke.

Zulily Zoetrope has a new favorite as of 12:37 on Feb 1, 2016

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Hogge Wild posted:

look at this new meme i found:

I've got this spicy meme pocketed for just such an occasion:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Angela Christine posted:

This is not the first page.

Lmao, look at this scrub who does not have 5000 posts per page :smug:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Gotcha covered, fam

burexas.irom posted:

Well, I just couldn't pass up such a great wallpaper opportunity.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jerry Cotton posted:

I chuckled at the Simo Häyhä one. Also can some literal child tell me what ongenkoukku means here?

I don't even speak the language, but it obviously means cockless.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mister Adequate posted:

The rage carnifascists express when you point out their double standards is amazing. :allears:

I'm cool with vegans and all, but their insults are all metal as gently caress and I would proudly wear every single one as a title. Yes, I'm a flesh-eating bloodmouthed carnifascist and my body is a graveyard. Why would anyone want to not be those things?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Rexicon1 posted:

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with a Cosby

No, that is ending with a bang; the world just won't know it.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I uncritically killed his enemies because he had a baritone voice full of gravitas and the guy advocating for peace was kind of a weiner.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The correct answer is one loaf of garlic bread. You can slice it however you want. Namaste.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Stoatbringer posted:

Some surgeons do actually use obsidian scalpels. I don't know about "cutting between the cells" but they are far sharper than steel. I think it reduces scarring due to the much finer incisions.

"Cutting between the cells" is not a thing knives can physically do, but obsidian can indeed get as sharp as they claim and is really cool in general.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Steve Holt! posted:

Am I the only person who thought they were cosplaying as gross internet people and not actually just gross internet people?

It's pretty clear that they're cosplaying, but that doesn't mean that they're not also gross internet people.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It's pronounced like success but without the "-ess."

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
milhouse

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

My girlfriend threatens to leave me if I don't stop saying... yes, this is dog

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

fuckin inspired

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Murphy Brownback posted:

I feel like I need to go watch the simpsons now so I can understand all these memes because I am lost.

Aw come on, Luanne. You know what this is!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
My name is also Bort. If we ban large Bort then we ban like a third of the post your picture thread.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mogomra posted:

I really don't understand the lemon thing with the Simpsons because I don't even know what the gently caress to google to try and educate myself.

Lemon of Troy

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dragonstoned posted:

No it was just the one, that noone had heard of or cared about until it was shot. Then when the people who actually DID know and care for it asked people to please stop bringing it up all the time, they said gently caress YOU ~*my grief*~ and continued to be assholes about it.

Yeah what kind of dick keeps bringing up a dude after the people who shot him explicitly asked you to stop talking about how they killed him? Bad form imo

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Microaggressions are real and they suck. But it's stuff like saying "wow you're so articulate" or "well, I have black friends, so" and not Harambe memes or whatever else people are bitching about these days.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
You're reading a page on a something awful forums thread. Three posts are shitposts. Go ahead, scroll down.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
It was a bad forum full of bad threads.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Sweden is a disgusting nation populated by reprobates.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=setseen&threadid=3746906&index=13033

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

drink well doggo

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Man, why is it that every mass murdering dictator always looks like a complete dweeb? Assad, Kim Jong-Un and Donald Trump all look like people I could physically overpower, and I'm a goon.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pants not down all the way 3/10

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

This rarest of pepes comes straight from the OG, take your pants issues out on him

No one is above the law.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I don't see how anything will ever top this.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Someone swap panels 1 and 3 tia

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"Sexual assault is cool and good and consent only matters when people are in a position to retaliate," - normal, healthy adult men

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Eastbound Spider posted:

We have dank memes, but what would be an example of a dry meme?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

But seriously who is this lady; all google turns up is other people going "lol it's the lazytown kid"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Doge is pronounced dogue, but dogue is pronounced "duh-gew," Obviously.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jerry Cotton posted:

With poo poo computer video games memes such as this I mostly like how in a few years time no-one will either know or care who the gently caress the lame anime characters are, unlike with pepe and spurdo etc.

I'm pretty sure those are webcomic original characters, my duder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"hiss hiss diss hiss" is me whenever i meet new people

• Locked thread