Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Railing Kill posted:

I don't mind sports and I follow a few myself, but I don't get the fervor over college football. And I don't mean, "I'm a nerdy goon that doesn't get sports." I mean college football is a loving joke and I don't understand why anyone takes it seriously. This is a level of football where lovely players like Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel could put up 500 yards per game. It's garbage football. Why does anyone care about this when there's better (i.e. pro) football being played all over the country?

I'm sorry in advance if I piss off any college football fans out there. I just don't understand it. The Michigan/MSU schadenfreude is pretty self-evident, though. That's some good stuff.

The only reason college football is as big/insane/out-of-control as it is is because unlike other professional sports, the NFL does not have any sort of developmental league. This is it.

Also, clearly you've not seen the insanity that is high school football. That's where things are truly frightening.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Oct 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

I think they used the term "funny" extremely loosely here.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Cracked (yeah, :jerkbag:, I know) has an article today about why Youtube prank videos suck.

Re: the British train PSA. I think my issue with it (viewing it through the lens of an adult who didn't have the benefit (???) of seeing it as a child) is that the kid sitting on the overpass daydreaming about his perfect train-murder Olympics really seems like a psychopath who doesn't learn anything at the end. His voiceovers talking about the events sound like he still thinks the whole thing is an awesome idea all the way through.

Also, what up, fellow December birthday-havers. Mine is wedged conveniently in between Christmas and New Years. Everyone's burnt out from Christmas and gearing up for New Years celebrations, so nobody gives a gently caress about celebrating my birthday. Which is fine, I suppose, because now that I'm not a kid, I don't either. I have a friend with a May birthday who doesn't understand why I don't give poo poo one about mine.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Yellow Starbursts are the best ones.

Apogee15 posted:

What do you mean? Yellows are far superior to red AND pink. Pink might be close, but red? no way.

:hfive:

Hell yes. Also, yellow Skittles (the original flavor).

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Crystals do heal people though. Ever since I've been carrying around this energy crystal that I bought from Sedona, AZ I have not had hand cramps. Basically it works by focusing the life energies from Sedona into the toxins in your hand that cause the cramps. Its all proven and totally works. Buy these crystals guys!

Do they work as good as my copper knee brace and my magnetic bracelet? That magnetic bracelet totally saved my sense of balance!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Nitrox posted:

is this a fight club reference or something?

I am Jack's scatological fetish.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

"I totally MEANT to do that!"

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

wyoming posted:

Excuse me, but this is my favourite sax man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaoLU6zKaws

THIS. This right here is a prank done right.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

bucksmash posted:

Ronda Rousey, undefeated UFC champion, just fought against Holly Holm. Rousey's in black, Holm's in white.

DISRESPECT

Oops.

Considering Rousey is a big-time truther, I don't feel bad about this.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

^^^^ Sweet Jesus. :stare:

Don't know where this rates on the freude-o-meter, but I just really like that the trooper's name is "Roadside."

http://www.wral.com/records-trooper-tried-to-pay-woman-not-to-report-crash/15117539/

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

That's good, but it was a lot more hilarious when my brain translated "Tim Tebow" into "Tom Brady."

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

canyoneer posted:

Wow. People are still talking about deflategate?

:golfclap:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

The Republicans have spent decades cultivating a voter base comprised of some of the lowest common denominator groups in order to win elections, and now it's biting them in the rear end:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/02/us/politics/wary-of-donald-trump-gop-leaders-are-caught-in-a-standoff.html?_r=2

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

ElGroucho posted:

I remember Philosophy 301 too

If this references what I think it does, kudos to you. Well played.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

I had to watch this about a dozen times before I finally saw it. I kept waiting for the girl to fall on her head or something.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

dpack_1 posted:

:perfect:

I am experiencing my own shaden.

Going on vacation back to the US for the first time in 10 years,

Speaking as an American: why? Why why why would you leave your perfectly civilized homeland to come here?

That being said: welcome! Enjoy your stay.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Rah! posted:

i like the part where his crazy person fetish causes him to scream in pain and fall over

Was he screaming in pain or was that an orgasm?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Phanatic posted:

It looks like people keep buying transparently fake stories from questionable news sources.

quote:

We work hard to bring you both legitimate news feeds from around the world, to also satirical feeds to lighten the mood in what is sometimes a depressing world.

Okay, this right here bugs me. Be one or the other, not both.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Choose wisely:

Also, I'm not a gamer, but my Twitter feed was overloaded with posts about Steam today. Apparently they had some... issues.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/3y7oht/if_you_use_steam_they_just_got_hacked_check_your/
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/12/25/psa-steam-is-having-security-issues-extent-as-yet-unclear.aspx

E: Sorry for the Reddit link, but it was the best snapshot I could find of how things transpired.

Zamboni Rodeo has a new favorite as of 01:58 on Dec 26, 2015

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Along the same lines, Gizmodo collected a series of fun tweets that I have no idea how to reproduce so here's a link instead: http://gizmodo.com/hoverboards-are-ruining-christmas-1749737827

Mashable's tweet roundup includes videos: http://mashable.com/2015/12/25/hoverboard-falls-christmas/#WMYoInGJlSqk

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Yo man, we heard you like bikes, so we put a bike on your bike so you can bike while you bike!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

hanales posted:

Please explain this.

Based on the Youtube video, I'd say it's some WACKY MORNING ZOO!!! radio personalities being idiots, as they are oft wont to do.

The schadenfreude being on anyone who listens to their poo poo.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Cracked (yeah, yeah) reminded me today that this was a thing that happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lzWmDIY9Zk

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

"Jones has deleted her Facebook profile and has complained to Burton, saying she didn't post the message.However, she has still demanded an apology from the bar, claiming they should have had more respect for her as she was eating with firefighters and veterans, even though someone with her that night called in to apologize."

So she was eating with AR HEROZ and people should have some respect for her. Self-serving rear end in a top hat spouts line of poo poo, news at 11.

Firefighters are first-responders. Assuming her claim is true, I imagine said firefighters might have tried to jump in and help the woman in distress, rather than complain about the "junkie OD'ing on the floor." My Truth-O-Meter says "no."

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

You're weird and creepy.

Like this toy:

I felt the same way about Koosh balls, kid.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

This falls under the heading "Well, what did you think was going to happen?"

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Texas gun owners find that the new open carry laws restrict them from more and more businesses:

http://www.thetrace.org/2016/01/open-carry-texas-chl-forum/

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

I really want to see what happens if you pull both open at the same time -- I wonder if it would work that way.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

How badly to you have to piss someone off that this is their revenge on you?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

flosofl posted:

Hahaha. I *just* watched that episode. The whole run of MXC Extreme Elimination is on Hulu.

BRB, gotta go watch something.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

Remember those videos showing Planned Parenthood conspiring to sell baby parts? Well, the grand jury convened to investigate the matter returned a verdict and it's better than you could have imagined: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Harris-grand-jury-indicts-pair-behind-Planned-6782865.php

Planned Parenthood got defunded in part because of these videos, so it's not exactly what I'd call a net win.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

I really hope that was his car. I'd hate to think he hosed up someone else's ride doing that.

SiliconValley.gif

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

It was a Vine making fun of how little 2015 resembles the predictions of BTTF.

Well that's no fun.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Pretty ballsy.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

So... is the schadenfreude on Trump for losing, or on us because Cruz won?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/02/01/politics/iowa-caucuses-2016-highlights/index.html

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Cats spazzing out will never not be the best thing.

Yup. Cats are furry spastic assholes and I love them for it.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Number of fucks given: 0

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

You know, this wouldn't have happened if the gun shop owner had a gu -- oh, wait...

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/video/15272870/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Cats r dum. They like to b scared. I like to be scared too. I ride a rollercoaster. Same thing. Fear is fun. Herf de derp a loop do dum.

(They don't understand. In the moment, they hate it. It's mean. It's bullying a pet.)

I'm with DATT on this. If the height of hilarity to you is playing cruel pranks on your pet, then you shouldn't own one. Pets trust and love unconditionally, and doing stupid poo poo to them for your own amusement betrays that trust. No wonder your pets hate you.