Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ec8o7p2bI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

Why aren't the police officers beating / shooting these people?

This is the weirdest way to discover you're color blind.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Say what you will but that's an amazing shot.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://imgur.com/gallery/c4oY3zA

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

this retard took his $33k and turned it into -$106k by placing a short with no limits on a $2 stock which then shot up 800+% today

he's started a gofundme page and already has $5k and is hiring a lawyer to try and get out of paying E*trade

just lmao he's hosed

quote:

I was holding KBIO short overnight for what I thought was a nice $2.00 fade coming. At the close of the bell I saw the quote montage clear out and figured today there was no action after hours in the stock. So I went to my office for a long meeting. I got out of the meeting and saw a message from one of my buddys, he asked if I was ok since I was short KBIO....my heart dropped. "Shoot did I blow up my account, everything I worked for? I don't want to lose all $37,000 that would be terrible." ---It was much worse.

The stock was at $16 and my account was negative over 100k. I figured it was a mistake, Etrade would never let that happen, they must have cut the position when my account got to $0....nope. I immediately called them and they confirmed I still owned all the shares. He says that it got out of hand too fast for them to cover me, he says that all he can do right now is cover. I was devistated. I asked him to cover at $16 and he waited trying to find me a good exit. I told him to do it asap and the fill was around $18.50 avg.

At the moment not only is my $37k gone, but I now owe ETrade the negative balance of over $106k. I always knew I could blow up an account and I was financially able to "afford" to lose the $37k. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that Etrade would NOT have some sort of stop or circuit breaker in place that would automatically cut a position if the account went to $0.....how could they ever let it get to -$144k loss on a account that small!

don't trade on margin and do idiot poo poo like that, ladies and gentlemen.

poopzilla posted:

sell "short" means you are selling a stock that you do not currently possess. in the hopes that the stock price will drop by the time you actually have to fork over the stock you sold, which can be like 3 days or longer depending on how you do it. its basically seen as a lovely thing to do because your hoping poo poo fails .

apparently this idiot did it on a large margin and now he's totally hosed. not a chance in hell he gets out of it unless he goes bankrupt

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Roro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAVKp_T8hH8

There's a lesson to be learned here. Use-by dates are not to be ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX9xCo183VA

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Been dealing with a lot of assholes lately so I would like to request a video where an rear end in a top hat gets his. Specifically looking for a road rage vid. Bumper to bumper standstill traffic on a high way. Douche bag gets out, punches another driver, witnesses call over a cop who was on the other side of v the highway and rear end in a top hat gets arrested on the spot.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what's a legal stunt?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:nws:
http://i.imgur.com/8IQQSrd.gifv

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Testekill posted:

When you're working in a public role, maybe you shouldn't post things on facebook that make you look like a gigantic oval office. I mean, who thinks "junkie" when they hear "someone dying" at a restaurant? You would think that the first thing that comes to mind will be a food allergy or a heart attack.

How is your first thought not choking?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You realize that the flaw is that it can convince people to confess to things they didn't do, right? Not that it's vulnerable to some dastardly lawyer arts.

look if he wasn't guilty then they wouldn't have arrested him. Don't even know why we need the courts, just throw them in the slammer

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Roro posted:

Haha, this is great. I was wondering where the payoff was after the first guy ran past and there it was :allears:

is it that the fat dude is slow or am i missing something

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdOiGAbwCXE

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

Same deal except we don't bother with having a handset plugged in.

It just took me 21 seconds for google to find my phone for me. You're right, that's unacceptable :rolleyes:

I don't think you understand how badly Instagram needs pictures of my lunch

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wampa Stompa posted:

I’m a born citizen of the United States and I recently spent some time in Toronto. Even though I was only there for about a week, my experience has caused me to completely reevaluate my conception of American society. Basically, it was surreal to be in what seemed to be a fundamentally functioning society, as opposed to an essentially dysfunctional one.

Toronto’s streets were clean, the mass transit ran like clockwork, there was far less advertising littering the landscape, the population was well-integrated racially and ethnically, and people, on the whole, seemed much happier, healthier, and smarter than their American counterparts. I walked through the entire city and didn’t feel unsafe or conspicuously well-off once; there were no pockets of urban decay or visible poverty. Nearly everyone I spoke to seemed well-educated and thoughtful, and was well versed on how their local, provincial, and federal government functioned. I looked up the statistics, and there’s an absurdly low crime rate and a very high standard of living. Additionally, Canada's educational system is ranked far ahead of the US despite about equal expenditure per student.[

The reason I went to Toronto was to attend a conference, and I sat in on a panel about the Canadian health care system where I learned a lot. While it isn’t perfect, the single-payer model Canada employs seems mostly effective and humane, and ensures that comparatively few citizens are left for dead. Even drug prices (which the government insurance doesn’t cover) are negotiated by the Canadian government and are orders of magnitude cheaper than they are in the US. Canada’s social safety net is also miles ahead of the US and the whole “if you’re poor or sick you deserve to be poor” mentality doesn’t seem to exist there. I know that there’s a significant issue of scale at play (the entirety of Canada is only ~35 million people as opposed to 319 mil in the US), but that doesn’t fully explain it. Canada just doesn’t seem to be a pathologically dysfunctional society in the same way that the US is.

The fundamental difference seems to me to be that the Canadian government is actually beholden to its constituents’ interests. The United States government is essentially an oligarchy at this point; the SDP electoral system ensures that dissatisfied citizens have no chance to elect outsider candidates, so the Democratic Republican elite is immune to all threats to their power. Because the parties are immovably entrenched, their candidates are funneled into an intra-party rat race with each other for electoral funding, which means whoever can suck corporate dick the hardest and with the least teeth will be elected. This leaves the door open for all manner of corporate abuse and predation of the American public, and the corporations have become so adept at manipulating the media that they’ve convinced the public that that’s how it should be. It’s revolting.

The Canadian government seems to actively protect its citizens’ interests and works to improve their quality of life. I attribute this to the parliamentary model, where citizens actually have voting options other than “the party in charge now” or “the party in charge two years ago.” As a result, candidates are way less beholden to corporate interest and way more beholden to voters.

Granted, I’m sure there’s more than a little of the old “grass is always greener” effect going on here, but I can’t escape from the conclusion that the United States is a dystopian hellhole designed to trap almost all of its citizens in an inescapable web of poverty and disenfranchisement. It’s a fundamentally predatory society where corporations prey upon the horrid living conditions they pay politicians to perpetuate. Labor rights are practically nonexistent compared to almost any other first world industrialized nation, and education has been utterly gutted, twisted into a perverse game of rote memorization and fill-in-the-multiple-choice-bubbles without concern for students’ futures. Most forms of higher education are scams designed to trap young people underneath insurmountable mountains of student debt while not offering any decent career prospects. Entire generations of our best and brightest individuals are being railroaded into lives of menial service jobs, while many of those who rise to positions of power are childish imbeciles capitalizing on Daddy’s connections. Essentially, if you’re born in the United States, there’s a very good chance that you’re just utterly hosed and there’s nothing you can do (short of joining the military in the right way) to unfuck your life. “Down here it's just winners and losers and don't get caught on the wrong side of that line.”

I’m incredibly lucky; I was born into relative wealth and managed to dodge nearly every bullet America had waiting for me, and I’m in a fairly stable, well-paying position now. And it’s totally possible to insulate yourself from the worst of all this societal sickness by sticking to the major, cosmopolitan cities. But still, knowing that I’m supporting this rotten society with my labor and citizenship makes me sick to my stomach. Am I alone in finding the prospect of staying in this sort of society morally abhorrent? I’m doing everything I can to change it (voting in local and federal elections, donating to lobbyist groups, and teaching young people how the society they live in works and how they can protect themselves), but these issues are so deeply entrenched that nothing short of a major famine or war will turn the tide. In most ways, I really like Sanders as a candidate and I’m doing my best to support his campaign, but there’s little chance he or anyone like him will ever rise to a position of real power.

I’m trying to come to terms with all this, which is why I’m making this thread. I’d be interested to hear other folks’ takes on this whole situation, especially any expatriates. At this point, I’m seriously considering emigrating within the next 6 years (I need to build up some savings first), either to Canada or the EU (since I have Irish citizenship), but until then I need to find some way to stay sane in an insane society. Probably it will involve listening to a lot of Harvey Milk and Springsteen’s “Nebraska,” if I had to guess.

tldr; I can’t escape the conclusion that the United States is objectively a dystopian hellhole designed to screw over its citizens, and that that won’t change any time soon. I’m looking for other people’s takes on this whole situation, stories of expatriates, and/or how you all cope with this knowledge.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

OP aren't you the dude that randomly threw someone's Citibike off a bridge just because you felt like it? Have you considered that you are not exactly a paragon of morality yourself?

Tequila Sunrise posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749675&userid=139946

Here it is. No story behind it that he talks about, but it was him. Also, while looking through his post history to find that post I found one where he asks how much a tattoo is, because he wanted a "fairly anatomically correct skull" on his forearm.

Op, it's time. How old are you. How fat are you.

a cop posted:

Wow what a big fat piece of poo poo! You've got some work to do, OP.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ultrabindu posted:

Stuff like this will always be pure strain freude for me.

This is beautiful

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ride The Gravitron has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Apr 3, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

She will probably face some consequences for punching an old man though.

Janesville Teen Referred To Juvi Services For Attacking Trump Supporter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCfeNfEkq5c

This story gets better and better

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ozz81 posted:

I love how one stupid, bigoted mistake leads to a massive domino effect. Pass a law that denies protections to LGBT people, then businesses refuse to come to your state or start leaving, which means fewer jobs for everyone, eventually turning NC into a bigger shithole than it already was. Nobody wins :(

Are there any projected statistics on how the v state is going to be hurt by all of this controversy?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

Looking forward to 3 more pages of dog talk

http://i.imgur.com/E8VjBlT.webm

New GWAR line up attracting new fans.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Subjunctive posted:

Why is this video popping up every 20 posts all of the sudden? Isn't it years old?

Looks like some one doesn't "get" PYF

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Well time for a new thread

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's gifs like this that make me glad dash cams are a thing

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why yes, that is a Killer Whale knocking a Seal several dozen feet into the air.

actually I'm pretty sure it isn't.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Retro Access posted:

I'm married to an immigrant. I spent two years working 18 hours in two jobs to sponsor the UK spousal visa. Ran myself ragged and left the UK when my husband's parents very loving generously waved a visa sponsorship at me.

My entire family knew all this poo poo and voted "leave."

I only found out this loving morning.

Our only way back into the UK, or to have stayed there in the first place was via european law.

I feel like I have had my heart torn out. I didn't know them at all and they sure as gently caress knew nothing about me.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Power Rangers look cooler. :c00lbert:

Related and content. This is horrifying road rash that I never want to feel.

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=8b6_1458970372

Extremely:nms:

Are those his loving tendons?! :gonk:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Y'know, this kind of poo poo pisses me off. It's not funny at all. If you really don't wanna get married, then don't get loving married.

The best schadenfreude is in thread schadenfreude

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Your Gay Uncle posted:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/florida-man-convicted-in-road-rage-death-shot-and-killed-after-roadside-confrontation/

Florida Man who killed someone in a road rage confrontation is killed in a road rage confrontation!

quote:

Durham served 10 years in prison and took anger management classes as part of his sentence.
Well looks like that didn't work

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

canyoneer posted:

Yeah, buying video games for a kid and then forcing them to get rid of them later sends a powerful anti-consumerism message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isp8Liu_myM

I love that he can laugh at himself. Good post thank you.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

No schadenfreude, just pure unadulterated joy.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

On Tuesday, officers attempted to enter the home and were told to get a search warrant, the police sources said. Detectives then waited for a warrant to search Brown's home for the weapon.
lol like a sovereign citizen

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I live that he's quoted for "I'm sick of all you girls"

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Got some drat good millennial schadenfreude from work. We recently started a weekend over night shift where all you have to duo is answer one call and watch Netflix.

First millennial they put on the job kept calling off every Saturday and loudly bragging "they're not gonna fire me!" She got fired.

Second millennial they put on the job got fired two days later when she uploaded snapchat after snapchat of the 8 people she invited in the office to party during the overnight shift.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I want to say I'm surprised goons are defending this but I can totally see a bunch of man-childs defending childish things like calling off from work to hang out with your friends instead.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That dad is a hero and any one who thinks otherwise is Promoter of child abuse

Ride The Gravitron has a new favorite as of 01:15 on Oct 17, 2016

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Gonna :nms: this just in case
http://i.imgur.com/6k5ZqKB.gif

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I love how he accepts his fate and just rolls into it

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
A while ago they fired some millennial from my job for always calling off on her night shifts. She came into the office begging for her job back. Yesterday was her first day back, she had a night shift today and called off. Got fired over the phone. I heard crying. It was great.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The liberal echo chamber in DnD tried to weasle out of giving Hilary toxxers their bans. Lowtax had to come in and enfore the rules because the mods in DnD refused to

Lowtax posted:

Okay, gonna have to side with tradition and rules on this one, and unfortunately going to have to go over a moderator's head, which I absolutely do not ever like doing.

Toxx clause is a toxx clause and the people going into it knew exactly what they were doing and what would happen if they lost. Arbitrarily changing the punishment at the last minute further cement D&D as a leftist echo chamber and not actually a place where people of both sides can debate and discuss. I didn't vote for Trump and do not like Trump, but this whole thing really comes off as an arbitrary change to the rules for no reason but a political agenda. I will be enforcing the forum rules later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

firebeats posted:

would like to restate my plea that my ban reason show for the record that my toxx was the result of drunken incompetence and not shillbot solidarity

i mean I did the RAINN donation and everything :(

firebeats posted:

some of us were just drunk and forgot what thread we were in :(

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

BAN 11/10/16 03:40pm firebeats This guy specifically requested that I mention his deep love for Hillary Clinton in this ban reason. I get you. We're all disappointed, and I know that you more than almost anyone on these forums canvassed, called, and campaigned for Clinton. I'm sorry your hard work didn't pay off. Please take care of yourself, and never forget the friends you made fighting for what you believe in. It gets better. FactsAreUseless FactsAreUseless