Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
The more Australian term for singlet is actually 'wifebeater', for obvious and terrible reasons.

So that remarkable specimen is rocking a wifebeater and thongs, he's switched his daks out for (presumably) boardies, he's sitting on an esky and going to town on an ice cold stubbie of VB, and his dog bluey is riding in the back of his shitbox ute

That whole picture is drat good Schadenfreude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Humphreys posted:

Bingo on everything but the dog and the "shitbotx ute".

It isn't a cattle dog (it's a boxer - calling it bluey would cause any owner near me to get a punch in the gob) and that ute is a treasure!

yeah the boxer was a stretch but i couldnt think of anything else to put and i didnt want to leave it out

i mean i even threw in daks, which nobody says anymore. but the benefit is that we got to display some good old fashioned aussie one-up-manship, arguing over the dumbest whitetrash "culture" in existence, so maybe that was my plan all along

and that ute is for sure a shitbox

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

saying "oval office" a bunch won't make one appear and pop your cherry so maybe you could also use a different word sometime

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Hm what should i cook for dinner tonight

Oh, why don't i ask the experts! some jello gut attic troll on something awful dot com is just the connoisseur I need

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Hey sad sacks: no one on the internet cares about your impotent fantasies of sexual relevance

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Fairly recently, in Australia, the government welfare agency (Centrelink) has been sending out heaps debt recovery letters erroneously. As in, intimidating government letters saying "you owe us money, you're in deep poo poo" to people that have no such deby. It's a huge loving issue, essentially harassing people who are already at or below the poverty line and have enough problems. Worse, it's been on the recipient to correct the mistake. The government has doubled down on the "there's nothing wrong with the system, it's just a minority of cases".

Well, we have a show over here called Q&A that discusses various pressing issues by getting together the relevant political figures/business leaders/scientists/whatever, and a studio audience drawn from a broad cross-section of the community affected by the issue. They recently did one on this issue.

It did not go well for Attorney-General George Brandis, and everybody laughed at him.

Oh great, more of this left wing echo chamber bullshit. When will you stop harassing George Brandis and the LNP just because they're lizard people trying to form a slave state over the wretched human race?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Azhais posted:

Are you guys trying to tell me that comedians aren't to be trusted?

By Kevin

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Most likely just some rich as gently caress dude who, if you were to ask him how much bread costs at the supermarket, would be like "ah jeez... Well.. I pay my cook somewhere between 4 and 10k a month.. so maybe... A couple hundred bucks? For a loaf? Is that a lot, or too little? Maybe it's too much.."

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Probably your chances of having a tree fall on your car can be significantly reduced by not parking your car right next to the tree you are cutting down. Just a thought

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Wait, so if 100,000 people watch your video with ads on - you only make $75?

Google is having a loving laugh

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Jabor posted:

How much do you think Google earns from those 100,000 ad impressions?

They don't just make money from the per-video ad space, but if I had to ballpark it, I'd say "$at least enough to pay a coder to display video ratings in the main search before you watch the lovely clickbait video"

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

I imagine with beer they picked the top 5 most popular American brands, which, if [your favourite beer] is anything to go by, might as well be piss.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Australia is the Florida of the Pacific and Queensland is the Florida of Australia

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Foxhound posted:

In what world can you get two tickets, soda and popcorn for two people for 40 bux?

its crazy what theyre asking these days. back when i was growing up i used to get two cokes and a popcorn for a dollar and certain types of people couldnt vote. i just want to know what the governor is doing about it

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

For what it's worth, that guy is a Bad Person and I don't feel sorry for him one bit

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Odddzy posted:

I feel sorry for the man, grief made him believe in false promises.

you can be a grieving father and not actively work to bring suffering and destitution to millions of innocent people, people do it all the time

e: whoops my son died, boo hoo, welp better go gently caress up all the blacks and hispanics and gays and women and poors and everyone, just everyone

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

$15 for a meal? Jesus. I think I'll stick with the Tesco £3 ($3.77) Meal Deal.

When at work I normally buy something like this
£2.35 sandwich or sub (488 cal)
£1.25 Coke 500ml or £1.39 Monster energy 500ml
£0.80 chocolate bar or salted peanuts

That comes to around £4.50 for the Tesco £3 Meal Deal.

Why did you tell us the calorie count of the sub? We really didn't need it to get an idea of your overall diet

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

I hate going on holiday and being dragged to restaurants/bars that Americans also visit because often the staff will then, hearing you're a native English speaker (even when you speak the local language), assume you're American and expect you to tip 20%, even for lovely service and overpriced food - and they're more likely to treat you like poo poo, too. Whether that's anti-Americanism or Americans abroad just being turds, I don't know, but it sucks and I'm really going to have to ask you guys to just stay home until you get your poo poo sorted out, because you're loving it up for the rest of us. Thanks

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

As soon as my kids are born i take them to a Guatemalan prison, coat them in butter, and leave them inside for a week. Some rotten soul liberal types might disagree with this, they might say "oh no, you have to wait until they're at least five or six, it's too scary", but this is exactly the reason why kids these days are so weak. They have to learn how the real world works

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Yeah that slap was vicious, could easily have done some real damage. I hope they took her outside and killed her with a brick

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

nazism and anti-nazism are literally the same thing. btw im 13

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Yeah it's basically the same as flammable and inflammable.

You're absolutely right, in a post-Trump world we can all finally acknowledge that words have no meaning.

In fact, barp barp barp, barp, barp barp, barp. Barp.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

I wanted to thank everyone for those aussie dashcam reaction videos. As an ex-pat they're almost the perfect bite-sized bit of australiana to whet my nostalgic apetite but without going too far

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Kanye the Grouper couldn't get enough of those fishing sticks

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Why was Carter given so much strife by a Democrat majority? I thought he was one of the few "hey let's try at least a little to not make America look like a rat infested hell hole" presidents

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Rough Lobster posted:

One thing I admire about Australians is how quickly and effortlessly you seem to throw people out of your government. I'm a bit envious.

Gough Whitlam being one of the few who shouldn't have gone, unfortunately

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Carter was a great president and a good guy, but the shutdowns for him were mostly abortion related.

Used to be that funds could only be used for abortion in case of danger to the mother, and they wanted to change it to rape/incest/death of the mother.

The other one was a spending bill that had a nuclear powered carrier that was something he didn't want, and misc pork in the bill that needed to be cut out.

But yea, the others were basically just abortion regs.

Edit - A shutdown isn't ALWAYS political. Once under Reagan they just forgot to pass a bill, and the democrats were at a fundraiser and the republicans were at a bbq at the white house that Reagan was throwing. poo poo's weird, yo.

Were the Democrats in the 70s anti-abortion? Or were they pro-abortion and Carter was the holdout conservative? My knowledge of American politics in this era is mostly of Republican adventurism

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

When I was younger I was driving a really lovely car through bumper to bumper traffic, thought the person ahead of me was still going, didn't brake in time and lightly bumped them. She got out, looked at the boot, shrugged and said "there's no damage, don't worry about it", got back in her car and drove off while I alternated thanking her and apologising because I didn't have poo poo for money.

I think the guy in this video might be of a different type

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

baw posted:

Christo made this one near where we live and it was awesome

I thought that killed someone as well, but it turns out they fell in the lake and drowned while planning to go there. I don't think that counts.

http://www.ilgiornale.it/news/cronache/sul-lago-diseo-passerelle-christo-turista-cade-nel-lago-e-1276384.html

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Samizdata posted:

Umm, because most people don't like eating fish scales or fish guts?

look at this bourgie gently caress who's too good to eat fish guts and scales

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Also thank you for that, I love watching that kind of stuff

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Also thank you for that, I love watching that kind of stuff

I meant the video of the fish getting cleaned

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Samizdata posted:

I think he's in the perimeter shrapnel from all the bullshit, horrible shock and political stuff a fair bit of YouTubers have been pulling lately.

I was hearing people rag on him here a while before that happened, but the general tone was that he is obviously psychologically disturbed and these videos are a symptom of his spiral, so people didn't want to keep watching them anymore.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

I would step past the cat and move on with my life, because I'm no hero. I've come to accept that. You guys out there - you're the real heroes

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

I live in Germany and slept on 80x80cm pillows for 2 years before I got sick of loving up my neck. Bought some normal shaped memory foam pillows which are much nicer but you'd be surprised how few retailers (even online) stock pillow cases in the size you need. Pillow case selection in Berlin is the greatest unspoken tragedy of our times

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

None, which is well below quota

keep going, dont stop now. do you have a beard? ive got sweat on my brow

did these nazi cucks stand a chance or were they too afraid to dance?

look, i just gotta know one thing - do people ever compare you to ryan gosling

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Two Feet From Bread posted:

You wouldn't do poo poo and posting here about how much you wanted to commit attempted murder, at best, just shows how unhinged you are or how full of absolutely poo poo you are. And that you say it while fully expect accolades from fellow poster really shows how vile your side is. This is how Lowtax gets the FBI knocking on his door and why antifa is considered a terrorist organization.

Freedom of speech, and all other civil rights, is more important than your infantile and pedantic feelings. Deal with it that someone doesn't agree with you. It is called growing up and being an adult. Civil rights are literally more important than you.

The schaden is how much it pisses people off that he he is winning all his court cases for blatant civil rights violations by publicly funded schools that, supposedly, champion civil rights. The fact that the US Constitution is being upheld and how much it pisses people off is amazing. I. loving. Love. It.

the nazis loved capital letters too, german has a bunch of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Pudding Space posted:

No one cares about your inwardly spiralling arguments, you infantile dickheads. Go do something tangible instead of pissing your time and energy into the void of the internet. I'm here to see people get hit in the nuts and hoist on their own petards.

I was becucked by my own libtard :furcry: