Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

How the gently caress did that even happen? You'd think an underwater tunnel would be a place where you'd want everything to be completely uniform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I have something to tell you about the deadly spider-bears

Spider-Bear, Spider-Bear
Does whatever a spider and a bear can

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The Locator posted:

So there is apparently a Go-fund me set up to help out with this dudes medical bills. I don't get it. He was injured in a professional sports league match, do they not have loving insurance to cover injuries during the matches?

I would not be surprised in the least if the league's insurance coverage is essentially "lol you're on your own for it".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Couldn't it also be the prosecutor deliberately overcharging him to pressure him to "plead down" to the charge they actually wanted in the first place?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

burexas.irom posted:

Ugh it's so loving annoying when you assholes make up these stupid words for schundenfraffen.

WOT DID YEH SAY YEH WANTED TO DO TO ME MOTHER, YA FJÄRNSKAGGLE?!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

There's questionable, somewhat plausible cases where it's not entirely clear if it's plagiarism... And then there's that. Whoever wrote it didn't even begin to try covering it up.

So, bets on how many more speeches of theirs will be revealed to be the same?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

PoodleCorp is a team of script kiddies that became infamous recently for launching a wave of DDoS attacks that took down Pokemon Go's servers, as well as Overwatch's (since many of them were apparently swept up in a recent ban wave for cheaters).

Guess who just got breached by actual hackers and had many members' info exposed?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Volume posted:

lol like a sovereign citizen

Chris Brown is a turd, but was well within his rights to demand a warrant.

...And now he can't motion for whatever they found to be thrown out because it was from an illegal search.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It gets easier than that considering he dropped a bag of drugs out his window in full view of the cops during the standoff

Oh, haha.

I'm just saying he gave up pretty much the (still pretty slim) only hope of getting out of the whole deal completely unscathed; dude is fuuuuucked.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

W-w-won't someone think of the poor, poor multinational corporations being told they have to pretend to play by our rules a bit more than before? :qq:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I'm just reminded of the time I was watching over the dog while the rest of my family was taking a weekend vacation. Got up early to take him out for his morning walk, opened up one of the garage doors, and thought I was seeing a coil of hose my dad had left in front of the other one right up until it started throwing itself against the door.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something like his finger slipped off for a split-second, and he didn't realize it was still about to go off even after he instinctively attempted to clamp back down on it. By the time he realized it and tried throwing it, well...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Pretty much the only worthwhile thing FYAD has ever created was "My nigga have you tried LSD?!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Karate Bastard posted:

Here's a thing that's been bothering me a long while. Who was it that owned how many petabytes of horse's vaginas, and why?

IIRC that originally came from someone posting about a "realistic horse vaginas" mod for Skyrim.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The best part is the timing of this. Not for Trump, but for most of the rest of the GOP's leadership after so many of them essentially said "I wholeheartedly support his campaign", so they're way past the point of no return for the ones who've been drinking the koolaid and letting themselves become inextricably linked with him. They're between the biggest rock and a hard place in ages, and it is glorious.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

My impression as an foreigner is that there's a lot of voting against their interests in American politics, mainly on the Republican side.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

One of my "favorite" cases of this is convincing poor people that repealing or drastically lowering inheiritance taxes (which typically only affect upper-class families) is the smart thing to do.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Cruz was probably the only person the GOP heads hated even more than Trump for leading the government shutdowns, Rubio felt like the most tacked on "we've got minority outreach!" candidate possible, Christie would've been eaten alive for actually trying to work with Obama for Hurricane Sandy recovery, Fiorina would've been sunk by her lovely business record for HP if she'd lasted much longer into the primaries, Carson was... Carson, and Bush had the double-whammy of being the most tepid candidate and being related to Dubya.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

When are you guys finally gonna learn from Europe and adopt a multi-party system?

When whichever of the big two that's got a supermajority in Congress thinks that committing electoral suicide is a good idea.

Alternatively, whenever we get third party candidates that can name a foreign leader or poll higher than a dead gorilla.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

"I want to play a competitive game of skill, but I need it to carry the possibility of financial ruin!"

That reminds me of that guy who bet his life savings on some annual WWE show-match where the Undertaker customarily wins... The one time something went wrong and the Undertaker had to forfeit due to an injury.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

Was that before or after the hotdog?

Why not during?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

HawkHill posted:

How about responding to the facts rather than resorting to school yard name calling?

Yeah, senor poverty is dumb.

Tax policy is dumb.

The fact is that you sound like a "gently caress You, Got Mine" rear end in a top hat that's part of the problem.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Azhais posted:

A lot of places you don't need an ID of any variety. In MN I just walk up and say "oh yeah, I'm totally Guy Incognito", I sign on the line, and am issued a ballot.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Which reminds me: depending on how Trump is feeling, those votes to legalize it on the state level might mean jack poo poo for as long as it's federally illegal.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

HairyManling posted:

It's an illusion.

An illusion! What are you hiding?!

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Man, that sucks.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

:sbahj:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

AKA Pseudonym posted:

There's no magic left in the terrible world

I mean, you can take schadenfreude in how many serious news publications fell... for...

:smithicide:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Does that mean two other authoritarians are about to kick the bucket to round out the year?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

grumplestiltzkin posted:

The Cuban sandwich did not come from Cuba. C'mon people, it's like the one good thing Florida has given the world, don't take this from us:smith:

You gave us "Florida Man", how is that not a net good?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Kept expecting it to kick him in the crotch at some point.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

About every 3 miles on the interstate once he gets out of NYC. There's more than enough lovely 'Cash for Gold' joints that won't bat an eye.

OTOH, they all probably also know about the theft. And how often do people come into those places with gold that's in powder form instead of, y'know, jewelry?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

burexas.irom posted:

Hey, man not cool. His dad died in a concentration camp.

gently caress you

I prefer: "Some idiot fell out of a guard tower onto him. God, I hope he didn't have any kids... Just think how much stupider they'd be."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Too bad the timing is off on like half of them.

Then it's absolutely perfect for the last clip. :stare:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

They can't believe that's a possibility cause it means guns are bad (a lone nut can kill lots of people). The entire point of their bonkers conspiracy is that guns/gun culture can literally never be in the wrong ever.

It's even simpler than that: a carefully orchestrated mass murder operation means people who don't do anything to deserve being killed don't just arbitrarily die because of things (re: a nut with a gun) that were absolutely beyond their control.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

I can't help but feel the real schaden is on the people that have to drive that area every day. Just going along on your daily commute, then, "Goddammit, another idiot?!" and traffic's all hosed up again for a while.

They really should add in a second sensor and sign right before the bridge that puts out a snarky message if anything oversize is still stupid enough to try driving through.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Slugnoid posted:

Reminds me of the recent accident at Dreamworld where the ambulance officers called the victims injuries "incompatible with life"; the medical term for they got hosed up.

1970's or Greece?

I remember some story about an EMT goon dealing with a dispatcher who got really anal-retentive about using that phrase until they retorted with something to the effect of "his head is in a different room than the rest of his body".

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

French Canadians, maybe?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

You should anyway, it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

What're the odds we'll get schadenfreude from learning that vaping doesn't cause lung cancer... But DOES cause some other terminal disease?