Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

sudonim posted:

What a tragic waste. What kept everyone in the area of the propane leak? Orders from management / government? Bad information? :downs:?

Poverty?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know a better way to save/show vines so uh, sorry.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5450...9QVFTXxBWBz5SS7

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

One of my friends is weirdly sympathetic to Pharma-bro. Like, thinks he was trying to show off how broken the pharmaceutical processes are by martyring himself. Then again, this is the friend I'm privately convinced is legitimately on the autistic spectrum, so the two may be related.

Is he this weirdly positive about seeing the good in everyone for literally everyone?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How the hell did you guys managed to create two pages of conversation over a silly entertainment toy? It has no purpose but to be fun, like most poo poo that people buy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zakharov posted:

Why is everyone so mad about hoverboards

Far as I can tell it's weird goons getting bent out of shape over an item that has no productive use being bought and enjoyed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rondette posted:

Aww, I don't like these "humiliation as punishment" videos and stuff for little kids. They're just little kids. They do dumb things.

I think I'd have been really damaged if my parents had done something like that and shared it on the Internet. Luckily I was a kid in the Eighties so it would have been impossible anyway. I do wonder what it will be like when this generation grows up with their entire lives available to view.

my mom tells me stories of the dumb poo poo i did as a kid and i laugh, and she laughs, and her friends laugh and share stories back with no one suffering extreme psychological trauma

i think they'll be fine

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FlyinPingu posted:

I swear to god if this poo poo happens again

I'm the gnawing sense of dread

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rondette posted:

Oh god, I didn't really want to start a derail, but the difference here is you're putting this poo poo on a WORLD PLATFORM FOREVER, where back in our day it was on a VHS or in a photo album and you at least had some control over who sees it. I guess this lot of children will all have stuff out there and maybe not be so embarrassed about it as adults as the pre-internet generation were. I think it is going to be fascinating to watch.

I see. So what you're saying is that we need to launch a 'Where are they now?' investigation for all those kids who ended up AMV.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Birb Katter posted:

Roosh also looks like he's not going to be let into Australia at all so the stuff here is being cancelled too. There are a lot of problems with how he's getting blocked but a broken clock is right twice a day.

For example?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Just because we can't understand our pet's emotions doesn't mean it's okay to terrorize them.
I'm so sick of these 'hilarious' planks we play on animals for internet jollies.
The cucumber thing was awful, not funny. How is it funny to see the pet you supposedly love frightened to death??
/rant

If you need me, I'll be in PI, I guess..

I'm 90% sure this is a joke post about how kids will get PTSD if you dunk their faces into their cake.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dex posted:

i thought so too but weirdly, there are people who read this car crashes and life altering injury megathread without complaint until a cat does a jump

I only believed this up until the dude started doubling down on how irreversibly damaged the animals trust in you will be because you preyed on the fact that they don't know what a laser pointer is. Also, if you accidently step on your pet's tail they'll hate you forever and never recover.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CommissarMega posted:

My cousin thinks that allowing gay people to come out of the closet is making inroads for 'paedophiles and perverts'. Conservative people are crazy, that's all.

Life's a slippery slope, after all. First you start allowing blacks to be people, next thing you know, women can vote, and then everyone's marrying their dog.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GrandpaPants posted:

Edit: Well I have no idea how to embed a tweet.

I had the same problem trying to get a webm or mp4 to embed earlier.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Birb Katter posted:

Amusing enough that what should just be the simplest answer is so hard to figure out. Not having a go at you but it's kind of interesting out simply just pasting a link to something makes you think you need to do more. BB code gets into your brain.

That and it never working out when I previewed it!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ozz81 posted:

This but smartphones. And I don't care if my sub-$100 phone gets stolen or broken, it has gently caress-all on it anyways and I can remote wipe it. I haven't worn a watch since the mid 90s.

This sentiment expressed but with calendars replacing watches.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ayn rand hand job posted:

VoidBurger, how do you keep finding schadenfreud about prepubescent dicks

I found out about it from The Dark Id's Final Fantasy 10 let's play thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aw son of a bitch, I got Moon Moon.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How many bitcoins can you win from the average esport?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Professor of Cats posted:

Agreed. Also, I want to hear them justify posting brony/anime pictures in any thread other than brony/anime threads. Those ones are always hilarious.

Finally, let's just add a sprinkle...no, a dash of DARK SOULS just to really drive the [TOTAL NICHE OBNOXIOUS FAN BASE THAT WANTS TO BRING THEIR BORING DUMB THING TO EVERY CONVERSATION OUTSIDE OF THEIR DUMB GROUP] home.

Also, bicyclists are dumb and wrong.

and that retard getting punched in the face for kicking the boy deserved it.

(runs out of thread full speed)

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ohhhh so that's what it comes from.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The batter should've run up into the stands and beat the kid to death with the bat after it failed to bust his face like a watermelon catapult.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That kid should be sent to the gulags for the crime of looking at his phone at a baseball game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stringbean posted:

Okay so I've been taking notes for when I bring my kids to a baseball game. Tell me if I've missed anything?

-Drink beer, make my kids try it
-Order Hotdog Sandwiches for us all
-Put ketchup on sandwiches
-Being a cupcake, say "hey kids does this cupcake smell funny" then mash the cupcake in their face when they give it a whiff.
-Order an extra large pop for us all
-If a baseball/bat flies at us, let it pelt whoever is unfortunate to get in the way no matter who it is.

I can't wait to have an all-American day out with my kids!

e: Failarmy for 1st week of March don't recall seeing it posted, I'm sure someone did. But here it is anyways because there's some good ones in there.

-Vape
-Do Crossfit and engage everyone in conversation about it it
-Forget your kids after the game and when questioned simply say their plane crashed
-If they return, put them in the coliseum against the deadly manticore

Dillbag posted:

The real schadenfreude is anyone taking pleasure in my misery of having to read a grown-rear end man use a meme like weak sauce in tyool (:ironicat:) 2016.

Chuck Norris jokes and 'This is Sparta' is still happening.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What was wrong with Sucker Punch (the movie)?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/wN4O7o3.webm

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why wouldn't you pull it out before going to the hospital?

Can anyone give an example where being impaled by an object and leaving it there until medical professionals can get a look at it is the wrong decision?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tower time posted:

Gotta feel bad for all the LGBT folks who just got hit by a lovely law and now are losing even more poo poo, though.

Yeah, if people really wanted to help they should've ______ instead.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paper Tiger posted:

Is this the thread where we ask rhetorical questions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyn_7ayhPWU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

OK. Did you not read all the posts saying that, prior to reaching in to pet the animal, the guy was tormenting it? That the dog warned before it bit? Or do you believe that the dog should have turned the other cheek?

the dog should've stood its ground and shot the dude, imo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jastiger posted:

I dunno why you keep posting dog abuse vids. Mods?

You can do better than this, Jastiger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grEypMDqvTE

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Why don't you whine more about it? Just don't smoke problem solved.

Stop having lovely lungs and go get augmented already.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

That looked like it went exactly as it should have. What were they expecting to happen?

Perpetual motion machine.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Now I'm just imagining Apple fanboys getting into the org, meeting the big man himself, and then walking away trying to rationalize it before they start asking others 'does he have a habit of making GBS threads himself? Wow, now he just seems like a crazy hobo....Apple really just makes their money off of putting lovely hardware in fancy plastic cases. Think I'm going to go home now, I've wasted my life.'

This is like a STDH story about how someone totally owned a racist and they stammered and sputtered and ran off because they were beaten by the totally rational cool protagonist's flawless logic.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

How the hell do you say "it was just a mistake" when you've bought a new car, been given free passes to a day spa, and spent an afternoon at a church chili fundraiser getting hugs and donations from kindhearted people?

How the hell was it "just for attention" when you've got a GoFundMe set up and have accepted more than $10,000 in donations from that site and various other sources? If you want attention, you post myspace angle shots of your cleavage or humblebrag about your new shoes or say something witty about a politician; nobody actively defrauds innocent people just for attention

Some might even say people do that to not draw attention to themselves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I think this is the blog post that got 1st on google for "facebook login" or something & people thought it was the login page. Check out the comments, seems most of the pages are archived too. Unfortunately, Internet Archive didn't start archiving it until 2 days after it happened, so there were probably actual comments with login/pass that are now deleted.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100212115719/http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebook_wants_to_be_your_one_true_login.php

Article about it:
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2010/feb/11/facebook-readwriteweb

E: Can't believe that's 6 years ago already.

I started a thread for this kinda thing if anyone still has more stories they wanna share.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774086