Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ExecuDork posted:

Pretentious asses.

quote:

"Our art has absolutely no purpose, except to be a work of art. We do not give messages."

They actually might be the most honest, unpretentious artists I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is there any comparison to the 1929 crash?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I don't think I would have had the presence of mind to duck under my door in that situation.

I'm not so sure she did either. Looking at her legs, she had a very lucky slip.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTeUQ9I06MU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

One of these days I'm gonna figure out how Nathan (or is it Keith) gets those cuts done so perfectly. I assume witchcraft.

The hard part is the physical work. He's doing the moves exactly identically every time.

I want to know what Devil Fruit this man ate to get his body to move and react to impacts like that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That kid figured out physics at a real young age.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

First the techno-atheists accidentally recreated religion through brain uploading afterlives, and now they're accidentally recreating financial systems and governments.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BloodRed posted:

Chrome dome shaming itt

That’s less “chrome dome” and more “scrotum skull”.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Was the "HH" embroidery also historically accurate?

Is it "HH" or "II"?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Considering it's the SCA we're talking about, I find it equally likely that they really were just grognards who didn't consider how people would look at their use of a ton of Nordic symbolism that the Nazis co-opted.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

I don't get it :confused:

I'm really confused. The picture didn't change in the original post?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Not sure if this goes here or the hosed up headlines thread, but going to share in both.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article198971069.html

"I'm going to sue the airline for killing my hamster!"

"Oh, what did they do?"

"They got me confused and I intentionally killed my own hamster because I thought that's how you get on a plane."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Happy Landfill posted:

Also I guess the government is back? :confuoot:

Shut down for 519 minutes. Might be the shortest shutdown ever, and only because Rand Paul dicked around until past the deadline.

For the record, Carter's administration managed to have five shutdowns. Three of them were because of Republicans opposing abortion-related spending. Reagan had a whopping eight, one of which was literally because Congress went off to parties after adjourning and forgot to sign the loving paper before leaving. There was also a shutdown in 1984 because Reagan opposed a civil rights measure in a bill (a measure that would go into affect anyway three years later).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

Shame on you for reading these dead gay forums while being under 30 :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSSOUU6yYYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdq1qJkahDY

Can't find the full episode anymore :(

No no, I got the joke (I grew up watching Looney Toons and Hanna-Barbera). But the post I quoted has a different picture than the original post.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Speaking of the Pauls, Jake and/or Logan Paul may end up trying to fight an amateur boxer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLk2RanqrqA

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

Right, so first Say Nothing posted this

Then Samovar came in with the 1950s cartoon gags:

I'm assuming referring to the one biker with his leg stuck up in the air like the exaggerated high-kick dance the frog does. Then me, a cool and good poster, quoted Samovar but replaced Say Nothing's image of a bike race pile up with one of a 'normal' race. I'm not trying to gaslight anybody, but I'm like 4 levels deep into the joke at this point and there's no stopping now :shepicide:

The schadenfreude is that I'm just ripping off an actual funny person who pulled a similar gag in the Funny Pictures thread like 2 years ago. Could have sworn I saved a screenshot of the post but I can't find it.

Oh gently caress now I get it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

fizzymercy posted:

There's a good portion of me that hates this kind of poo poo because just look at all the empty parking spots. That guy could park sideways across three spots and not cause a ruckus. People getting all rude over a bunch of lines on the pavement. Plus a jacked Jeep is just as bullshit as a Mercedes SUV crossover.

But gently caress that guy, I love this so much. Climb up through your lovely hatchback the hard way, rear end in a top hat. The lines matter sometimes, and he probably never actually parks right.

Parking inside the lines is one of the easiest things to do, and even new drivers at least don't do worse than parking with the wheels an inch over. Parking right dead in the middle is being an rear end in a top hat for no good reason.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Volcott posted:

"They look uncut to you?"

If I remember correctly, Patrick Stewart spent his whole life thinking he was circumcised and didn't realize he wasn't until his wife and doctor told him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

Can someone explain the shooting ones? They're not as obvious as a wipeout.

The black dots in the corner show which targets they haven't hit, and they're only allowed one shot at each target. So if someone empties their magazine and has all 5 black dots remaining, they missed every single shot.

And then it looks like at least one of them was in the wrong position, which means nothing counted.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Schadenfreude is on me because today I:

1. Fired 3-inch magnum shells out of a lightweight single-shot shotgun, which is basically a method of self-flagellation.

2. Drank a shot of 95.6% ABV Everclear straight, and I still feel like I should go to a doctor.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A straight shot of 95.6% ABV alcohol has no smell or flavor. It's just unusually cold at first (even when the bottle is warm), which slowly turns to your mouth and throat burning so badly that you want to throw up. 30 minutes later and I'm still feeling it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The General posted:

I once had some 85% rum, and I could feel the shot I took of that before I put the shot glass down.

I have a video of me drinking it. I cycle through about 12 different faces.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

What the hell is it doing? Blasting the wood with a sonic weapon?

Edit: Apparently it's a chemical reaction between the silicone base and the wood's surface treatment.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kemikalkadet posted:

what's the sport at 2:09? looks like cyclocross on ice skates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgqXPTdUJqc

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Actually this video is much more relevant to the thread, because this sport is terrifying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWvOCceuWlM

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Elizabethan Error posted:

really curious what the thought process behind this was.
probably something like "moguls are fun, what can be done to make them terrifying? I know, let's make them icier than european double black diamonds"

Alcohol was undoubtedly involved.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

I was hearing people rag on him here a while before that happened, but the general tone was that he is obviously psychologically disturbed and these videos are a symptom of his spiral, so people didn't want to keep watching them anymore.

I've said it before, but he really seems like he's going to be found recording "LA BEAST SEES HOW MANY LIVE SHOTGUN SHELLS YOU CAN EAT FROM A SHOTGUN".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Doubleposting because I am a bad person.

LA Beast is/was a very charismatic dude who used to do poo poo like eat a bunch of super hot peppers and hold out as long as possible before drinking milk or eat a shitload of food and then run 10x laps around a track.

I think the shark was jumped around the time he drank ipecac and puked on his dad's steering wheel.

There is an interesting question about when doing insane poo poo for YouTube moneys crosses into actual insane but I'm drinking.

PS Like and subscribe.

Probably when he started eating a fuckton of stuff that isn't food and may actually be harmful, like pencils or sand.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aerdan posted:

...Please tell me there's a child safety interlock you can engage to prevent that from happening. Because dear god that is stupid.

All the cars I've seen that do that only let the front doors unlock automatically when you pull the handle. Anyone in the back seat still needs to unlock their door properly.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Transmogrifier posted:

Another common technique is cool packs, vests, etc. It can sometimes be more weight but price you pay I guess.

My best friend has been doing costumed characters since before she was 18 and currently does quite a few at Universal. Many of them have electric fans, but she also has tremendous stamina so it doesn't bother her much. She does say that all of them are very different in terms of design and comfort, like her Minion doesn't have moving arms so she's just bouncing around on her feet with her arms inside the body.

Because of her experience, she's able to do some things that costumed characters ordinarily "can't do" like climbing stairs without help.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Azhais posted:

Hell, he didn't even apologize for it really. He just said he's been fired for giving out information that wasn't his job to give out

What if crisis actors are real and he got fired for telling the truth to a reporter?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That woman with the red bag makes a perfect swing through the empty space!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Weinstein Company to file for bankruptcy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The people have been kept safe from Chinese Democracy once more.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I think they initially just put a bunch of phrases in their "do not show results" list without any sort of differentiation or specificity, because that's clearly the best idea, and then started putting in exceptions like "burgundy" when social media got wind of it.

This is one of those situations where they probably would have been just the same or better off not touching anything.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Weatherman posted:

It's only been like 15 minutes you fuckers

Yeah, you should have enough time to find a new joke.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I mean their selection sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

World's most powerful tongue.