Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I love how it looks like he's headbutting the seagull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you're going to pick a fight with someone on the bus then maybe pick someone other than the big crazy guy wearing a t-shirt which says "I am a motherfucker"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58a0qgIJ2DQ

I dunno. That guy looks like he'd be into RnB, hip-hop or maybe blues. What makes them think he's into punk?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

EXAKT Science posted:

New thread title please.

poo poo, that's a good idea.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Anora posted:

Roommate: Did you know I'm moving to California
Me: yeah
Roommate: I'm getting a job in the video game industry as IT/QA
Me: oh, I didn't know you knew how to program
Roommate: I don't, but I know a guy who's in deep and he said he'll help me get in.

Jesus Christ. That Roommate is a jobless Squatter that somehow manages to scrap together just enough money for "most" of his share of the rent, and at least one bottle of alcohol a day. You know what, good luck to him.

QA is a really poo poo job. Just testing bits of games over and over and over and over and over to find bugs and/or verify that bugs have been fixed. "IT" can have many meanings, but is quite often a sort of systems maintenance/repair guy who keeps the computers and network running. Not nearly as poo poo a job. Neither of which you need to program for, mostly.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

nexus6 posted:

How come the thread title isn't

Post Your Favorite (or Request) › Schadenfreude Thread: Your Pain Is Our Gain

I'm still disapointed it's not "Cirque Désolé" as suggested earlier

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Gorilla Salad posted:

A different type of Russian dashcam montage - Russian dogs crossing roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pkymH2hYRw

Don't worry, no dog gets hurt in any way. In fact, the whole video simply proves that Russian dogs are far smarted than Russian people.

I don't know about "far smarted". I think "less drunk" is the more likely explanation.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Inco posted:

He actually played that saxophone part in the track, but you're not allowed to play instruments on stage in Eurovision. The violinist isn't playing either.

Wait what? Why?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

WITNEEEEEEEESS!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eh. Depends on a bunch of things. Usually it just adds the 'fleeing the scene of an accident' charge on there, but it also can be a sign of bad faith. Often drunk drivers will flee because the charge added on is less than the drunk driving charges. Of course if you're a celebrity and nobody really got hurt, it doesn't really affect anything.

Didn't they run a red light to get away, too?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Roro posted:

Health food is scary.

It's not health food if you're a cat, though. They're carnivores.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

What a bunch of whiners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wvcWJi1MoQ

:australia:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Our blood alcohol limit is also lower, at 0.05 for everyone all the time, which probably helps.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

dpack_1 posted:

I like how they all broke exactly in the middle when they fell over, why it's almost like all those brick breaking clips are staged and the bricks are already cut a fair way through thus making that effortless illusion.

I can't fathom why anyone still thinks that is an impressive feat, and those that perform it actually think they're doing something entertaining.
https://skepticalteacher.wordpress.com/2009/11/14/physics-of-karate-no-woo-required/ You've just got to pick the right material, not doctor the slabs.

I don't really see anything that unbelieveable about intact slabs breaking in the middle. Materials science is weird.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Pierzak posted:

Brake test. The brakes work.

http://i.imgur.com/ZP1brrD.webm

This one's better with sound :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a8wfF9hba8

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Testekill posted:

I loved the one at :35 where the guy just fails to remember that turning in an Australian city (tenative guess is Melbourne) requires hook turns where you wait in the middle and to the side as long as possible so that you can turn at the last second.

When you're doing a hook turn, you actually have to wait until the lights change before you turn. It's not just waiting until it's clear.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Birb Katter posted:

Gifs are also massively bigger than gifv / webm etc and it's super easy to hit half a gig of data a post if you're not careful. So maybe not converting stuff is OK.

Also, if you use Chrome, SA Needful extension embeds gifvs for you. Death to gifs!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Rolo posted:

So are Australians worse than Americans or what?

Probably, but we're less well armed.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

So, if I understand this right, his grand scheme goes about like this.

• Lie his way into a position of power.
  • Cheat and rob some very rich, very powerful people.
  • Draw as much attention to himself as possible.
  • Piss off everyone.

loving amazing.

You know, notwithstanding how many people this guy has hurt, and what a colossal douchebag he is, I can't help but feel sorry for him. I mean, he must have something wrong with his head; megalomania, sociopathy, whatever. I guess I wish it were possible that his head could be fixed and the damage he's done be undone. Though I guess that applies to all criminals. :unsmith:

And obviously this aint the right thread for that

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't like it when infants are injured, no schaden for me :smith:

Surely you feel only schaden and not freude?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Moral barometer????

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Rah! posted:

i like the part where his crazy person fetish causes him to scream in pain and fall over

You've got a fetish for people with fetishes?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

buttcoinbrony posted:

The schadenfreude is on Steam then, the flash sales were a great way to get nerds to keep checking the store every 6 hours and eventually impulse buying something.

Valve have metrics like you wouldn't believe. They would have cut out flash sales because the data they have supports that action. If there were enough people checking constantly to generate enough impulse buys, their data would show it.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

veedubfreak posted:

I'm surprised there aren't more accidents in the UK considering they drive on the wrong side of the road all the time.

This, but unironically, considering that the UK is an hour away from a continent full of countries that drive on the other side. People hop over the ditch all the time - just go to another freakin' country for the weekend. How they cope with the change in driving is beyond me.

It's dumb anyway. We should all standardise to right-hand side and finished, since that's what most people use.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 23:48 on Dec 23, 2015

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

One of my cats did this the other day. I was playing with him with a pom-pom on a string on the end of a stick. He grabbed the pom-pom in his mouth and started to walk off with it, with the end of the stick still in my hand. So I dropped the stick, so that he can drag his "kill" off and play with it.

He takes off, running away from the stick, but doesn't let go of the pom-pom. So he ends up doing two laps of the apartment, chased by a stick he is dragging behind him, me laughing my arse off. So, like that gif, only it was his own stupid fault for not just letting go.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

KoRMaK posted:

this other predator wants to take my score!

yea, real stupid

If he was running away from me, to preserve his kill, he'd have run under the couch and stopped. Instead, he ran directly away from the stick, turned when he ran out of room, and kept fleeing. He ran past me twice.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Baron von Eevl posted:

No the stick is the other predator.

Oh, I see. Could be, although he's a scaredy cat that bolts at the slightest provocation.

e: I guess maybe he thinks everything is a predator, then.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 05:41 on Dec 24, 2015

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Parts Kit posted:

Ruh roh, looks like someone got shot in the making of another one of these videos.
http://utmnews.com/man-involved-with-jalal-brother-prank-shot-while-making-another-fake-bomb-stunt/

Nope. http://bearingarms.com/fake-bomb-tossing-jalal-brothers-didnt-get-shot/

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Aw man, @75luxury beat me to the scoop again!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

sad_trombone.jpg

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Wanamingo posted:

Yes, actually. They're one of the few candies that don't gently caress around. The Dutch have their ammonia licorice, the Mexicans have their salt candy, the Vietnamese have their Durian candy, and the Americans have sour warheads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6_U4WpZPLU

What's with people from the US introducing themselves by what state they're from? Nobody outside the US cares, or even knows where those states are.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

In the context of "people from around the world!", it's out of place.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

tacodaemon posted:

That said, the detective (Jim Smyth, who has been called the World’s Greatest Police Interrogator) is using a pretty controversial interrogation technique in which the cop can say pretty much anything, lie about evidence, etc., and this caused problems in a different case where Smyth employed the same technique, leading to a not-guilty verdict in that case

I found the interview too uncomfortable to watch for this reason. Keeping a suspect ignorant of their rights and misleading them into a confession is still wrong, and still perverts and weakens the justice system. It doesn't matter whether the suspect is actually guilty or not, the ends do not justify the means.

Don't talk to the police except to request a lawyer.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

HairyManling posted:

This brings up a whole lot of questions regarding the fifth amendment and self incrimination and so on. But seriously, are there many confirmed cases where a truly innocent person has been jailed because the detectives leaned a bit heavy on the interrogation techniques? I'm not being snarky, I am legitimately asking. I know cases exist where shaky eye-witness testimony, or faulty early DNA/forensic science has put an otherwise innocent person in prison exist, but are there many cases where a person who wasn't schizophrenic or otherwise mentally disabled or easily tricked into confession a common thing? I agree that the letter of the law needs to be black and white without ambiguity, but this guy was guilty as gently caress, even if he was lead into admitting it through coercive means. I cannot imagine that happening to me unless I was truly the person guilty of hurting these people.

Part of the problem is: in cases where someone was convicted purely based on their confession, how can you be sure whether the police "leaned too heavily" or not?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Birb Katter posted:

Have some mining scootenfruity with a bit of swearing so :nws: if your boss isn't into that and you have your speakers up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OOg7vL3rNY

Haha. I find myself mimicing this video all the time. "HOAH gently caress!"

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Clitch posted:

This.

In Texas you have to do the 'novelty' dodge, as well. Also this happened about 10 miles south of where I live. Must be hard out there for a sex shop owner, these days. Gotta deal with all of this poo poo, and then Amazon comes along.

It's loving stupid stupid loving :haw:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Texas gun owners find that the new open carry laws restrict them from more and more businesses:

http://www.thetrace.org/2016/01/open-carry-texas-chl-forum/

Aw, but isn't Texas like the Wild West or something? Don't you always need your trusty six-shooter at your side to deal with Injuns and desperados?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Rick_Hunter posted:

Uh yeah so...nothing that Jastiger said has anything to do with '2nd Amendment trumps 1st Amendment.' Mulva was specifically talking about Docs vs. Glocks

Jesus loving christ.

America is fuuuucked uuuup.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Testekill posted:

Ah yes Ice. A friend of my sister is a cop out in Melton (a notoriously lovely town outside of Melbourne) and he has so many stories about iceheads and all that poo poo.

For our American friends: "Ice" is what meth is called in Australia.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Fresh cricket mishap from last night

http://i.imgur.com/AkGqfEv.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The ball's not meant to go over his head, yes. But look closer at his foot.