Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Baron von Eevl posted:

Perhaps it is you who should look closer...

... at the post?

Nope. Clooooseeeerrrrrrrrrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I've just spent the past hour cleaning up streaks of cat poo poo, wrestling down my cat and trimming/shaving/washing his filthy bumhole.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Thump! posted:

You know you can just get a litter box, right? Like, they'll go in that instead of on the floor or whatever.

You'd think so, yeah.

This is a case of "long haired cat with runny poos, shits in his box, gets it on his bumfur then drags his bum across my floor"

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Ehud posted:

I mean, it's not nearly as funny as the guy who set out to walk across the country with a baby stroller carrying his supplies and only made it like 40 miles, but I was amused nonetheless.
Link please

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

"Children are stupid, laugh at them".

I find your schadenfreude :mediocre:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Blackchamber posted:

So they are following China's drone recovery program? Cause its literally that, crash it in the ocean and then recover it.

Yeah. It's a very short-endurance flight, though.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

A while ago, Australia had a gun massacre. So we banned assault rifles. Haven't had a single massacre since.

Apparently, Ted Cruz thinks that our rate of rape went up after that. Because rapists go after ladies not toting assault rifles, apparently. Well, our opposition leader sent him a letter politely telling him to gently caress off.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ringu0 posted:

They can't, which evidently doesn't stop them from making these noises.

Then again this video exists, though I still refuse to believe it's real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3gzee1cps

Oh my god. Oh long Johnson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwiQmGWK4c

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Birb Katter posted:

Denying visas because you don't like someones political views is not a great precedent.

I was pondering this too. But if it keeps that piece of poo poo out, grease the gently caress out of that slippery slope. I don't even care.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

poptart_fairy posted:

Does this mean we have a precedent for you defending rape, or

Don't be obtuse. He means it sets a precedent for the Immigration Minister denying visas with no actual legal evaluation process behind it, and so one day someone might get denied a visa because Dutton said so when they were actually a good guy and not a rapist.

I don't agree, myself. The Immigration Minister is going to do whatever he drat well pleases regardless, and I don't think precedent actually makes a difference here. I think the only solution is to reform the whole process, so that we keep rapists out because it says in the official process "don't let them in if they are rape advocates, and here's the standard for proving that they are, and here's the process they can use to appeal" etc.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 13:17 on Feb 4, 2016

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

poptart_fairy posted:

If you're advocating and inciting rape, how is that not a valid reason to be denied entry into a country.

Or is this an elaborate set-up for one of those when the country has ways of shutting it down jokes.

It is a valid reason, no question.

The problem is, one single guy gets to decide whether a given reason happens to be valid or not, and there's no appeal. The Minister's made the right call in this case, but he may not always, and it shouldn't be the irrevocable decision of just one person. I think Birb Katter means that it sets a precedent that it's ok for the Immigration Minister to make these calls by himself. Personally, I don't think precedent is going to make much difference one way or another.

BK's not saying it's bad that a rapist got banned from the country. He's saying it's bad one man gets to ban people (generically) from the country.

The ideal would be: rapist tries to get into the country. Immigration looks at the rules and goes "yeah nah, you can't come in because you're a rapist". Rapist appeals, saying "but where does it say 'no rapists'". Immigration then goes "right here, under 'R'".

At the moment, it's "you can't come in because Peter Dutton says so", which is not a very robust system. Because, on the other side of the coin, you get immigration denying a dying student's family visas to come and see him and it's a shitshow of social media pressuring ministers to deny or undeny or overrule each other rather than a sane appeals process.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Feb 4, 2016

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Centripetal Horse posted:

This one's on me.

I started a new job recently. I've been struggling to get up to speed with out large code base, and the dozens of technologies we employ. If you followed my GBS thread, you know I'm feeling significant pressure to do well at this job. Consequently, I've been staying late at work. Last night, everyone was gone by 7:00 or so, except the CIO and one of the high-level managers. The CIO left, and the manager stopped by for a talk. We chatted for half an hour or so, and he left. I was all alone in the IT Engineering room. Even the Russian guys who take care of the trash and building maintenance were gone. I spent the next hour-and-a-half or so working on various aspects of my project, keeping a full-volume conversation going with myself the entire time. That's something I do regularly when I am alone, because I am either mentally ill, or very lonely, and probably both. Suddenly, I felt a cramp in my gut. I pressed down, and let loose with an incredibly long, incredibly loud fart. It was one of those wet farts that sounds like a horse blowing a raspberry. It was extremely satisfying. I groaned in satisfaction. To celebrate, I stood up and sang

DOMO ARIGATO, MR. ROBOTO!

DOMO!

DOMO!

I was in mid-Robot when a torso swivel brought me face-to-face with the guy who was sitting in a cube directly behind my chair, and not five feet away from me. He'd been sitting back there for maybe two hours, listening to me talk to myself, and was witness to both my fart, and my Robotting. It was like 9:30 at night, and I hadn't heard a loving sound from him.

I expect bonus schadenfreude any day now when I get fired for whatever kind of harassment blasting rear end on a guy then singing Styx at him qualifies as.

Great to hear you're still truckin'. Your thread got goldmined too soon.

Also: thank you for inadvertently telling me where this "domo arigato mister roboto" stuff actually came from in the first place, which I somehow never got around to googling.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Plucky Brit posted:

On the subject of Congressional hearing schadenfreude, here's George Galloway MP (and professional gobshite) tearing Norm Coleman to pieces.

http://youtu.be/j5u1skEoqLs

Holy poo poo, this is glorious! Why "gobshite", though (not knowing anything about the guy)?

e: God. It's like a bunch of schoolchildren trying to criticise their teacher. Not all questions are yes/no. Jesus christ.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 15:00 on Feb 5, 2016

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

zakharov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhUQUkLpA3I

Ghost Tractor at 1:04 is this week's highlight.

:psyduck: why is everyone standing around watching, going "oh no!" rather than hopping in and taking the keys out? Best ending.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If you tried and hosed up your timing even a little you could end up under its tyres.

Aw, come on, it wasn't going very fast.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

A guy made a bot to respond to telemarketers automatically for him, to annoy them and waste their time without wasting his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DkF88BkpeE

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Wow way to completely own those wage slaves in poo poo jobs they hate doing, really showed them what-for.

For content:

It's not just wage slaves but scammers.

But aside from that, the point is to waste the time of the companies, who nobody wants to hear from in the first place and who have often been told before not to call in the second. If that means making someone's poo poo job a bit shittier, so be it. At least they get paid either way (I hope).

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

e: never mind

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

e: nah, it was funnier in my head

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

spog posted:

I genuinely felt bad for the kid.

He's clearly not all mentally there.

Yeah, me too :(

Still, I think it was for the best

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Wasabi the J posted:

Let's not forget the kid was griefing people including the sysadmin.

Sure, but he's griefing because he's loving bonkers. I'm sad that he's loving bonkers.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

International importance. Nutters shooting up civillians in the US is very sad, but it's ultimately not our problem.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

iRend posted:

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/3742933/ballarat-bus-crashes-into-melbourne-bridge-audio/?cs=61

Oops! This is a bit different from the old 7'10" bridge. Looks like he was off by a clear 2 feet.

(e: nobody died)

the article posted:

“We are out to protect our brand and make sure we don’t tarnish our brand,” Mr Baird said
It's ok, if they just polish up the Gold Bus and remove the tarnish they'll increase the value.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

dog days are over posted:

It's true that Hitler has only got one ball?! Is the other in the Albert Hall?

Yeah, it is. And Himmler had something similar.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Freudian slippers posted:

If anyone's still wondering what does or does not constitute proper schadenfreude:

This is not it. What's wrong with you?

Yes, he posted deliberately to provoke a reaction. Leave it alone.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ekuNNN posted:

Yes, we should turn the other cheek to organizations that have a very long and also very recent history of attacking and killing people based on their skincolour. "If you just ignore them they'll go away!" has worked wonders in the past.

Antifascists in Manchester help a man being chased by a neo-nazi:

"Not attacking on sight" is not the same thing as "turning the other cheek". Don't be obtuse.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Why not use a chocolate icecream cone instead of a vanilla one? Nobody's going to mistake that for the KKK.

Also: "passer byers" :eng99:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Some people like competitive video games. Some people do not. Some people like athletic sports. Some people do not. The world is full of people that like and dislike all sorts of different things.

Get the gently caress over it and stop slapfighting like preschoolers.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Lord Chumley posted:

I'm taking a look around for you, but in the meantime have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvGCrilWik

The best Starcraft schadenfreude, I believe, is still this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40ccy9kljvI

And, apparently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9g8DMndIJc e: aww, runs out of steam at 1:50

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

StrangersInTheNight posted:

What's really funny about this is that it wouldn't happen if pro-Starcraft rules required the player to finish out the game, like pretty much every other pro sport. Being able to rage-quit as a pro is a really stupid rule, and it's wonderful to see it backfire so hilariously.

Alien Arcana posted:

I think it's supposed to work like chess, where when you know you're beaten you can (and probably should) concede the match to avoid wasting everyone's time.

Of course, you can't bluff in chess.

Alien Arcana has it. Starcraft 2 identifies that a player has lost the game when they lose all their buildings, but long before that point their opponent will have had an insurmountable lead and it takes loving ages to fight all the way to destroying all that stuff. Unless it's the last game of a tournament (and usually not even then) people don't drag out the game to the bitter end, they leave once they know they're beaten. It's considered good sporstmanship, but also these matches are best of 3 or 5 or whatever, and a player doesn't want to needlessly drag out a game when they have another one to play immediately after. They want to just move on and get their head back in the game for the next one, rather than pissfart around.

The ettiquette, however, is to concede by typing "gg" ("good game") and then exit the match through the in-game menu. Idra, however, literally ragequit. He alt+f4'd. The game feed just cuts off, it doesn't even say "Idra left the game" on it, which would indicate that he quit the match through the game.

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 02:05 on Mar 5, 2016

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Stop replying to him, idiots.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Gropiemon posted:

A bris should be a spectator sport.

It is. Well, traditionally it's a celebration with lots of guests, who watch if they want.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Byzantine posted:

purely psychosomatic

Intergalactic, planetary, planetary, intergalactic.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah there used to be really strict rules against using nets or tangling devices but for this season they rewrote that rule so that technically it didn't say that but you could tell that was still the spirit of the rule. The Complete Control team thought they'd found a loophole so they pulled this stunt on the Ghost Raptor and absolutely everyone turned on them in about .05 of a second. It was a dick move and it was really satisfying to see them get their asses kicked in the rematch.

You have to admit, the birthday present full of net was really funny though

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

ranbo das posted:

There was a guy in my high school who was borderline retarded (like, legit he was developmentally disabled) who took a right on a red in a "no right on red intersection" He passed the driving test. I really wish it wasn't racist to ask for more strict requirements for getting a driver's license, but realistically all that means is more unlicensed drivers which sucks.
Borderline retards are a race now? Or am I missing something?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

WickedHate posted:

Strict requirements for things like driving, voting, etc. have often been used to keep disadvantaged people disadvantaged.

Oh right, that :(

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

syscall girl posted:

Not suggesting you commit a crime by any means but he could possibly have a nice rest in a drainage ditch. Or a jail cell.

Might sort his head out a bit, ya never know.

How do you think these people get so messed up in the head in the first place?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

smilingfish posted:

If the doctor or chiropractor is in on the scam too, you can bet they won't be getting good treatment for their injuries.

Even if a chiropractor isn't in on the scam they're not going to get good treatment for their injuries...

e: also: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-07/authorities-crack-down-on-chiropractors-fake-health-claims/7227194

The Chiropractic Board of Australia warns its members to stop being frauds. I'm not sure what that's supposed to leave them with, but there you go.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Aerdan posted:

There are actually some chiropractors who are competent with bone-related issues

I find that hard to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Imagined posted:

The only thing anyone should ever say to Breivik is "You murdered 77 people." Just over and over again in response to anything he says.

"May I have some coffee?"
"You murdered 77 people."
"May I use the restroom?"
"Why can't I receive letters?"

Doesn't really work when he's still proud of it, though.