Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

thespaceinvader posted:

At least one of those was British :britain:
Yeah. It was dark, but the fact they were driving on the correct side of the road is a dead giveaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Mind you I haven't watched watched wrasslin since I was 10 or 11 but stone cold Steve Austin threw whoever that was a beer presumably as a sign of friendship or a "good job pal!" and when buddy didn't catch it, it showed stone cold Steve Austin that buddy was a fuckin pussy
When you are offered a beer by Stone Cold Steve Austin in a wrestling ring, there are two possible options:
1) You accept the beer. While drinking it, you will be hit by the Stone Cold Stunner.
2) You decline the offer. For this act of disrespect, you will be hit by the Stone Cold Stunner.

Here, top professional wrestler Chris Jericho appears to be trying a secret third option to escape his fate. It will only postpone his fate.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

So, aside from winning the World Nope Championships, what exactly is happening here? Is he trying to go across slowly and fucks it up? Is he trying to slide and doesn't plan on hitting whatever the gently caress that is in the middle? Was he always going to parachute off?

In short, if everything goes perfectly, what was actually meant to happen?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Memento posted:

This kills the crab.

Cooking a crab kills it. It never ceases to amaze me the things I can learn from SA.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

What was wrong with Sucker Punch (the movie)?

Only three things, really.

The beginning, the middle, and the end.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

...with very mild brain damage so maybe I just skipped the "Sports!" portion of boyhood that other kids get.
Weird, most folk with brain damage just end up supporting the Patriots.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

trainspotting
I'm sure this has been posted before, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su-DMP_z_rs

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

exploding mummy posted:

pro tip: don't run in front of speeding cars

they're ok

Thank god it wasn't Tony Stewart's car.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Phanatic posted:

That bit about "you have the right to remain silent" doesn't generally apply, if you refuse to answer questions then your silence can be used against you in court.
In the UK at least, that's only partially true.

If you remain silent and stay silent, then the court can't infer anything. If you say nothing to the police and then show up in court saying "I have x alibi", then the court's allowed to make a negative inference form the fact that you basically gave the police no opportunity to test your claims.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

You appear to have implied Castro dying is something positive.

From this, I assume either
a) You shared the wrong link, or
b) You're an idiot.

Which is it?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Rolo posted:

I'm a pilot and I've seen lasers from the cockpit while still thankfully flying high.
If you're flying high you're a danger to your passengers and should probably hand over to the co-pilot.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Who wants some early celebrations going wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blMxB09L5q0

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

ultrabindu posted:

The station I get off for work is Angel station with escalators a length of 60m, and a vertical rise of 27.5m. The longest in western europe.
Which did give us this gem from years ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFqQOlYE4EE

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

He's going to need a bigger boat...

..and new trousers.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Then allow me to also remind you of this

quote:

A LOTTERY scratchcard has been withdrawn from sale by Camelot - because players couldn't understand it. The Cool Cash game - launched on Monday - was taken out of shops yesterday after some players failed to grasp whether or not they had won. To qualify for a prize, users had to scratch away a window to reveal a temperature lower than the figure displayed on each card. As the game had a winter theme, the temperature was usually below freezing.

Tina Farrell, from Levenshulme, called Camelot after failing to win with several cards. The 23-year-old, who said she had left school without a maths GCSE, said: "On one of my cards it said I had to find temperatures lower than -8. The numbers I uncovered were -6 and -7 so I thought I had won, and so did the woman in the shop. But when she scanned the card the machine said I hadn't. "I phoned Camelot and they fobbed me off with some story that -6 is higher - not lower - than -8 but I'm not having it.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Garrand posted:

Wow, there's a whole bunch of stuff in there. A group of bounty hunters is given a fake tip taking them to the sherrif's house. The leader of the armed bounty hunters is a convicted felon not legally allowed to own a gun. Amongst all of them is apparently a goddamned 11 year old with a toy gun in a belt? The gently caress?
Not knowing much about US law, when the bounty hunters are shouting that "They're looking for Roderick, open the door!", do they have any right of forced entry? Is it a valid tactic to just refuse to open the door?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Fun fact: in the uk we have Sunday Trading Law which means that retail premises over a prescribed floor size (restaurants aren’t included) can only trade for 6 hours on a Sunday.
That's except for viewers in Scotland, we restrict our batshit Sunday restrictions to the western isles. Mostly.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

What made it best was that 5 minutes later the officials forced everyone to stop celebrating and clear the field, come back to the game, and kick the meaningless extra point.

Which they then took a knee on, so their victory was by 5 points.

The spread was 5.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Aramoro posted:

One of the parcel companies here uses the slightly strange phrasing 'Your parcel became smashed' like it did it to itself or some unseen force acted upon it. It did not 'become smashed' you smashed you total fuckups.

I love seeing the passive voice when folk are trying to dodge blame.

"...and in the resulting confusion, your honour, a sum of £100,000 was omitted from my tax return"