Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Ok so I assume this has been discussed before but I don't want to dig through the thread. Rose and Finn are told to find the code breaker who has a red blossom on the Monaco planet, they see a dude with the red blossom pin but they don't get to him, BDT offers to help them, they decide to give up on getting to the guy with the actual pin that whatsherface says they can identify him by because BDT opens their cell and go on with their plan. So like, BDT was a plant the whole time and they just went with him due to time constraints or was he the actual code breaker they were told about but for some reason someone else had the red blossom pin? Star Wars is dumb as hell. When I went in watching it, I was still thinking "Wait so like the Rebels who beat the Empire are now the Resistence despite beating the Empire?" because they never loving explained that initially and this whole new series is a clusterfuck but I'll just watch it anyways because bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

ChickenMedium posted:

No. They couldn't get to the pin guy because they were in jail. In jail, they met another codebreaker and since he helped them escape they figured "good enough" and then when they got caught he immediately sold them out because he doesn't give a poo poo about the Resistance. He wasn't some First Order deep cover operative, he was just a dude.

That's dumb as hell. They didn't figure to try to get to the original dude who apparently knew Wise Glasses Lady after being broken out of jail? Like I get that they kind of were forced to go with BDT at the end but between getting out of jail and getting onto the ship he and BB8 stole, they didn't even try to get to Red Blossom Guy.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
It took someone who is pals with David Lynch to think of something so crazy

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Isn’t his suit armored? Might just be able to take blaster shots without the force involved. That reminds me of one of the best RLM videos where Mike and Rich read the absurd Wookieepedia article on Vader’s suit.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Not sure why I didn’t think of it at the time but seeing that again, someone clearly likes anime

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

It was undercut the first time I saw it by a guy behind me going, "Aw, fook, she fookin' got all 'a them in one go, fook!"

This is why I actively try to only see movies in the middle of the day, alone, weeks after the movie has come out. Sweet lord.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I recall the milk being a greenish color :shrug:

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Yoda must be a hoot to hang out with. Get a space beer or two in him and he just giggles all night and plays force pranks on people

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The roasted porg that Chewbacca was trying to eat looked really delicious. Is this the first time in the movies we see food that isn’t all alien looking or rations?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Is Snoke even a legit Sith? Do they use the words “Sith Lord” at any point in the movie?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Oh yeah I forgot about the curving artillery shots. That made me chuckle

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Hachi machi this thread

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
But who does Yoda gently caress?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I said it before but also food that isn’t like rations or blue milk

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
If like at least a quarter of the movie isn’t spent in space dive bars and gambling parlors then I just don’t know what

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Tbh I would never wait in line opening night for a movie I really want to see. Being in a full theater full of psyched up nerds sounds like maybe the worst thing I could think of

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m gonna call it now: whoever is Lando steals the show and is going to be way more interesting than Han.

On the other hand, would that it were so simple

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
All listening to the Han Solo books on tape just SEETHING at Han’s voice actor

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Penpal posted:

I dunno when the woman says "I know what you really are" and he smirks but then immediately his expression turns from "you know I'm a coolman," to "...oh you think I'm a piece of poo poo." was as good of a 3 second expression as any.

Also convincing yourself the Coen brothers are the kind of tricksters to do something like cast a bad actor for a bad part when they've been pretty much the definition of workmanship for cinema their entire careers is strange.

Would that it were so simple

I bet you 100 credits that after “I know what you really are” she says “you’re a scoundrel!”

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I think you’re underestimating the “we must have an OT call back!” fan service calculation but who knows

E: Not that I think he won’t have an ANH arc in the movie. Just that there will be that phrase or sentiment from his love interest a la Leia in the OT.

Dr.Radical fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 6, 2018

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Oh wow speaking of ugly piece of poo poo alien, Greedo will be in this and he will not die because he can’t die until ANH

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Kevin Palpatine posted:

how much lice do you think chewbacca had

More importantly, is his pubic lice different from lice on the rest of his body?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Ron Howard was in American Graffiti.

Kind of a side tangent but weren’t the original Star Wars movies non-union, which was part of bucking the system?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The only thing I’m worried about for the Han Solo movie is who the Jesus figure will be. Can anyone who knows about this sort of thing make some predictions please?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I am totally ok with an Obi-Wan movie starring Ewan McGregor.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Corky Romanovsky posted:

When is Disney going to make a star war universe movie about a child and it's cute alien pet/droid sans war?

I'm afraid I don't follow

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

sassassin posted:

No, his wife got #notme'd on every set Ewan visited over the length of marriage.

Do you read People?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Are you guys saying that Dax wasn’t real?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I dunno what the deal is with people and how much they hate the holiday special. I had a fun time watching it! Granted I was stoned as hell with a bunch of friends but that’s how you should watch Star Wars stuff anyway.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
If Kojima was a true Star Wars fan he would have gotten Mark Hamill to voice a Metal Gear villain at some point.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The special edition CGI aliens like Jabba look absolutely awful. Puppet Jabba was without a doubt better

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Baloma numa toffa :shrug:

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

It’s still shocking how much hate this movie gets. Absolutely shocking

A lot of people hated Jesus when he was around too :smug:

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm more in sympathy with the latter, although I did enjoy the scene (I was very surprised in the cinema when it happened).

Yeah it was good and I enjoyed it. I guess from some Star Wars fan perspective you want more back story to obsess over but I still had plenty of fun when I saw it. For example when I was a kid I got the character book and the vehicle book and loved the hell out of them and spent plenty of summer vacation nights reading them. This was generally before the internet was widespread so it was an aggregate of the comics and novels. Now I generally just go to movies these days with the intention of having fun and not thinking too much about things. It’s just more fun that way.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

My only complaint is that Snoke should have been called Darth Icky, as Lucas intended.

This would not surprise me at all and therefor I have no choice but to take this seriously.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Criticizing the space tactics is so weird to me. Star wars space fleet engagements work like the space fleet veteran commanders say it does because reasons. It has never made sense.

Well throughout the Star Wars movies the space battles have been basically World War II naval and aerial battles and this seems to continue into the new movies (Rogue One, someone mentioned taking out a Star Destroyer with some Y wings. That’s p much sinking the Bismarck with torpedo planes. Also in TLJ it’s still that same sort of thing including the loving arching artillery shots) so I don’t see why we shouldn’t think of them as such and apply that reasoning to the space battles in the movie. Of course also the reason why stuff doesn’t make sense is because it’s a movie and they’re not thinking of tech poo poo or actual strategy just how it moves the plot along.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Tom Guycot posted:

Thats the other thing I think I dislike about the new films, they're cargo cult star wars. They're not made by people with the same influences and desires and inspirations as Lucas had, they're just a second generation copy of that without a love for what inspired it all to begin with.

We’re talking about Star Wars here not the Simpsons come on now

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
So Han knows the Wookiee language but doesn’t realize they live so long? Weird.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

JBP posted:

What about that time all the droids were like, scared and crying before being tortured by jawas? Are they just simulating emotion for... reasons?

Also it suggests they can feel pain. The droids being tortured by burning the bottom of their feet for example. Which goes straight into the jizz classic Lapti Nek!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Penpal posted:

Lapti Nek is not jizz, they sound nothing alike, jesus.

Well well well the arbiter of what is and isn’t jizz has graced us with their presence

• Locked thread