Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

ManofManyAliases posted:

I back the project, but only in hopes that a game is created and I get to jump right to it.

I've got news not really for you

how much are you in for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

ManofManyAliases posted:

It's quite arrogant of you to think that a) you're in a position to dictate to me how I should post, and b) like I cared about your veiled attempts at altruism. Those 10 or so people who you'd like me to "engage" are - for the most part - simply trying to extort and distort words from my response to just throw back in my face. And I play a long because it amuses you bunch and also for the day when EightAce's sarcastic responses about SQ42 and PU actually come true.

I haven't got the time to spend in any kind of long posting con, reading the thread and curling off the occasional post takes enough time as it is, and I very much doubt anyone else is trying to manoeuvre you into some arguement cul-de-sac either.

Do you honestly think cig is going to deliver a game that in any way resembles the 12 year olds best game ever design list that they have committed themselves to over the last three and a bit years?

An FPS that destroys both CoD and ARMA. incorporated with:

The best space dogfighting game ever, seamlessly integrated with:

A rich and satisfying capital ship simulator that requires 10 or so players per ship that sits on top of:

an economic simulation that in real time depicts the actions of 90 million independent actors

Where you can mix drinks on an airliner, or be boba fett, hunt :pcgaming:procedurally generated:pcgaming: wildlife, be Dave the Fedex guy, John the forklift guy, Barry the space marine, Jake the para news cameraman, Bubba the space trucker, Dan the miner, Enrico the smuggler, Jacques the explorer 100 star systems :lol:, Henry the guy who is growing trees on a spaceship for some reason, Chris the info-runner whatever the gently caress that is, Peter the space ambulance driver etc etc etc.

These are sensible and attainable goals only in a universe where Chris Roberts' demented hand gestures can actually affect spacetime and that's not the 'verse we currently find ourselves in.

Whatever their intention at the start, they are now knowingly scamming people who are obviously mentally ill for funds for a project they know themselves can never be completed.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Ash1138 posted:

to the moon from your eye
it's all just cgi
that's amore

:wow:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Wanna know something really funny?

Aircraft in CHRIS ROBERTS' STAR CITIZEN only travel about as fast as a WW2 fighter when in "combat mode".

This is dumb.

Why?

Because

Can track targets moving two and a half times faster, at the current tech we have.

ok now i'm hard

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Granddad joined up for the great war and got sent home after a few weeks on account of being 14. He went back a year later and got given a plane to fly :lol:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

lol

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Wafflz posted:

That Banano guy constantly trying to reverse inverse the verse empty your purse troll pgabz in the comments. So good.

lol

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
ok so more than 6000 posts - has croberts been unmasked as the zodiac killer

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

D1E posted:

Well I'm pretty sure Reddit is going to say that SA doxxed Sandi by revealing her tickle fetish videos.

hang on what

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
usually when i check the thread after 900 posts have gone by nothing much has happened. today however

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
:captainpop:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

ZenMaster posted:

BACK ORTWIN BACK!!!!!

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

simultaneously insignificant and threatening the very existence of the project

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

jfc

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Xaerael posted:

Metal Illness :megadeath:

well if you've had your skeleton replaced..

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
eagerly awaiting technical anecdotes from octopode's career in vision mixing for nbc/bbc/cnn

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Raskolnikov posted:

The face of regret.

edit: it's me, the backer spending $2,000 to laser this bullshit off in 3 years.

or he could just wash it off, tomorrow

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Colostomy Bag posted:

Gentlemen we can rebuild him...into the Six Million Calorie Man.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
cod iw looks fun and might be the first one in the series i've played since cod2. how many times am i going to be called jewnigger human being

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Beet Wagon posted:

He's still not super fond of them lol

bless this dogge

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

This is hardly surprising but these are exactly - EXACTLY what I pictured in my mind the moment Lando announced this

bless this dog launcher thing for its tireless work

Banano fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 2, 2016

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Spaced God posted:

I've been away from this thread since around those presentations they did at Gamescom. Have some people finally started to realize they've been scammed?

a handful have moved to the bargaining stage but that's it

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

trucutru posted:

You dumb gently caress. Can you even imagine the amount of data that would be needed to stream a complete huge-rear end planet in Elite?

CIG is planning to use a hybrid approach where they use some procedural stuff to generate areas on the planet, and then add custom stuff on top of those that will have to be saved as a map file and stored in the clients hard drive.

Using the Outerra engine that got mentioned a while back as an example, it uses real world heightmap data (at 60m or 90m resolution) then uses fractal based algorithms to generate the finer details down to the centimetre scale. It's able to stream the heightmap data on an ad hoc basis as you fly around and once it has that it really is 'generating' the finer detail on the fly. But it's really procedural refinement rather than generation, if you aren't generating it from scratch you'd be crushed by data immediately - last I checked the 90m resolution dataset for planet earth came out at something like 13 GB. Multiply that by 100 star systems :lol: multiplied by however many planets per system.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Sunswipe posted:

Assuming that Mr and Mrs Crobbler run off to somewhere with no extradition treaties in time, and that The Tickler in Black Ortwin has already left, who's going to end up playing the Admiral Doenitz role?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHnyQXyuTGY

Admiral doughnuts

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

AP posted:

315P EXPLODES WHEN ENTERING

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Interact with 315p entrance ladder

ACTUAL RESULT
I used the ladder to enter the 315p, my ship then started spinning and then exploded

EXPECTED RESULT
For me to enter my ship without it exploding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXMTP7spzHE

i'm the hud bob

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

alf_pogs posted:

the Leonard Skinley Event was something that should be chronicled somewhere. such a good confluence of factors

1. ravane posts itt about how he thinks derek is responding to a troll account he set up
2. derek posting about this guy on twitter
3. ravane and everyone else realising derek has blocked ravane and can't see what they posted
4. hilarity

I actually remember where I was for this, parked up just off the edgeware road as it was a slow work day, alternately choking and crying with laughter as I read through each one of Derek's increasingly furious posts, passers by giving me some funny looks.

Highlight of the thread imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

happyhippy posted:

Open Whaling Frequencies

• Locked thread