Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Toe Rag posted:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did nothing! While messing around with the settings on the Apple TV, I have managed to get the (non functioning) volume on-screen display stuck on so now I'll have to do a reset. :negative: (I rebooted, but it's still there)

This may sound ridiculous and is definitely a long shot, but I had this issue once and it turned out my TV's actual remote was stuck on. I actually thought my AppleTV or the tv itself were broken because I noticed the issue went away when I covered the IR receiver on the TV... but then I tried pulling the battery out of my TV remote and the issue went away.

Though looks like in your case the Apple volume is going down so maybe your Apple TV remote is wonky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Mister Facetious posted:

Is there a website that lists all the movie and tv deals for Apple tv/iTunes, preferably sortable by country?

The closest I know of is justwatch.com, it supports a lot of countries and I usually use it to figure out where a movie or tv show is even available for streaming or purchase. It doesn't list deals specifically but you can filter for Apple TV only, for sale only, and put in a price range. For me I get thousands of movies for <$5 though so not sure how much use it will be.

edit: Eg right now I can go to justwatch.com/ca (Canada) and filter for 4K only, $5 or less, Apple TV, movies only, Buy only and get 158 results.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
My pet theory is it's both the price and how big the apple tv is compared to competitors. Doesn't feel sleek at all unlike a stick running off usb power.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

EL BROMANCE posted:

My main use of Siri is to do a voice search in YouTube, and then I move the cursor down to the results which promptly disappear.

That bug drives me nuts. I've found if I don't move too quickly to the results it seems to not happen as often, but maybe it's my imagination.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

god this blows posted:

What I’ve found is you have to release the button before you’re done talking. I curse at it all the time though

hmm yeah maybe i'm subconsciously doing this when i force myself to slow down a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
They could start making the AppleTV 4K smaller next, that would also be nice.