Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
View Results

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

A Good Debate with Good Moderators. Good Night.

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/624630939952545792

uhhhh, hey baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

they said donald trump was most like huckleberry finn by mark twain

i just googled it i guess they interviewed this guy

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/28/upshot/matching-candidates-with-the-books-they-sound-like.html

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zoran posted:

Same. Thank you, Boosted_C5, for your lucid evaluation of the Republican debate.

Again of all the crazy republican gimmicks we have, Boosted is probably the best. Thanks, Boosted.

Thoosted.

Joementum posted:

Ha

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
theyre putting axis lower ont he complex/simple axis than fuckin beowulf what the heck

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Joementum posted:

loving wow

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
how the gently caress is middlemarch more complex than ulysses

what the gently caress is the encyclopedia of needlework

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Joementum posted:

If the precious snowflakes of the Republican party can't take questions from uber-LIEberals like Jim Cramer, Rick Santelli, and Larry Kudlow, can they handle the White House?

Kudlow & Santelli pass for Liberals? WTF. How loving far right are you? Both of those guys endorsed and do so everyday the most hawkish monetary and tax policy you could get away with on national cable tv.

So using the SA vs. Reddit straw poll, would you watch CNBC again? or was this a flaming trainwreck? Party opinion I hear was that Trump was correct, this was supposed to be a mega 3-hour event (network saving some would suggest vs. MSNBC) but it seems the late start, technical errors and horrible mods were a big distraction.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I think I read somewhere that being able to communicate with people at a lower grade level is actually a good thing so I'm not sure why that's really a knock against Trump.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
why is this graph

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
trump deals with other businessmen, he HAS to explain like they're five

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

paranoid randroid posted:

how the gently caress is middlemarch more complex than ulysses

what the gently caress is the encyclopedia of needlework

when i read treasure island in middle school i thought it was pretty confusing

im guessing this is all made up and is the kind of thing someone creates to get interviewed on npr for five minutes

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

TEAYCHES posted:

when i read treasure island in middle school i thought it was pretty confusing

im guessing this is all made up and is the kind of thing someone creates to get interviewed on npr for five minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4Ha9HQvMo&t=61s

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
clinton and cruz are disturbingly close to the kama sutra on that graph

i dont need that mental image, nyt

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hal_2005 posted:

Kudlow & Santelli pass for Liberals? WTF. How loving far right are you? Both of those guys endorsed and do so everyday the most hawkish monetary and tax policy you could get away with on national cable tv.

:ironicat:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hal_2005 posted:

So using the SA vs. Reddit straw poll, would you watch CNBC again? or was this a flaming trainwreck? Party opinion I hear was that Trump was correct, this was supposed to be a mega 3-hour event (network saving some would suggest vs. MSNBC) but it seems the late start, technical errors and horrible mods were a big distraction.

It's pretty well known that Joe is a right-wing troll. Please do not engage him

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Like the whole point of this app is to get people to write at a lower grade level:

http://www.hemingwayapp.com/

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Epic High Five posted:

It's pretty well known that Joe is a right-wing troll. Please do not engage him

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Your assertions both that Santelli would be the unscrupulous founder of a far right, incredibly damaging ideological movement is almost as laughable as your assertions that he is also somehow totally creepy, like in a 3am infomercial kind of way. I'm onto you mr mentum

signed

edit - drat YOU RANDROID

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

TEAYCHES posted:

they said donald trump was most like huckleberry finn by mark twain

i just googled it i guess they interviewed this guy

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/28/upshot/matching-candidates-with-the-books-they-sound-like.html

They say that they use the SMOG index to determine complexity, but how do they analyse the positivity/negativity of the statements?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

edit - drat YOU RANDROID

:dunkedon:

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Hey there friend. Radiohead sucks.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Milk Malk posted:

They say that they use the SMOG index to determine complexity, but how do they analyse the positivity/negativity of the statements?

:shrug:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Milk Malk posted:

Hey there friend. Radiohead sucks.

hm, questionable

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Hey Boosted were you my pal Chris Christie a few years ago or was that someone else?

Chris Christie is dead, the Boost is loose.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Songs About loving

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I thought the CNBC moderators were great. Blew CNN out of the water. They seemed to do a good job getting everyone involved and they didn't take any poo poo from the candidates. The moment when they called out Cruz for dodging a substantive question to rant about the lack of substantive questions and refused to give him extra time was excellent. I would love to see Bernie and Hillary face the same questioners. Does anybody know if CNBC doing a democratic debate at any point?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I thought the CNBC moderators were great.

I've heard of fakeposting but this is ridiculous. Mods?!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the cnbc moderators were not better than cnn, just somehow even more shameless and playing into the insanity for further ratings. unless they are playing some genius long game i dont see it as good

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I've heard of fakeposting but this is ridiculous. Mods?!

You really prefer Anderson Cooper interrupting candidates every 10 seconds? I loved the part of the CNN debate where they asked for one sentence answers to, "What is the greatest threat to America?" and then went to commercial with zero elaboration from anyone. Certainly not a topic worthy of 30 second responses, that would be way too much. CNN also did a much worse job at giving even time with half the number of candidates on stage. It was a joke of a debate.

FuriousxGeorge has issued a correction as of 05:55 on Oct 29, 2015

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im glad jim cramer is still on a national stage though

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think the CNBC moderators legitimately feared for their lives and that’s why they phoned in the second half.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

zen death robot posted:

The CNBC moderators asked terrible questions and got stepped on all night for it. It was a trainwreck.

What questions did you take issue with?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

zen death robot posted:

The CNBC moderators asked terrible questions and got stepped on all night for it. It was a trainwreck.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Platystemon posted:

I think the CNBC moderators legitimately feared for their lives and that’s why they phoned in the second half.

A smart call once Trump said he may be packing heat.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

what are your top three favorite apps. how do you feel about fantasy football. what is your biggest weakness and how are you overcoming it?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The moderators were loving shouting over each other to try and be the one to ask the next question. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

what are your top three favorite apps. how do you feel about fantasy football. what is your biggest weakness and how are you overcoming it?

I must have missed the app question. You're a gullible rube if you fell for Republicans spinning a question about the massive unregulated daily fantasy gambling industry that is currently under federal scrutiny as "a question about fantasy football", and the reason that weakness question is asked in job interviews is it can be very revealing of a candidate's character. It was also like one of the first questions, which is fair territory for a softball.

FuriousxGeorge has issued a correction as of 06:03 on Oct 29, 2015

• Locked thread