Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
View Results

• Locked thread
Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Regulating it to two hours means watching them chomp for attention like hungry hungry hippos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

rakovsky maybe posted:

Considering each candidate has something like 9 minutes of actual speaking time I'm hoping that people like Rand and Christie go for a hail mary and just say some crazy ridiculous poo poo in order to be declared the winner and capture the narrative.

This is essentially what worked for Fiorina, so the strategy's sound.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jeb comes out as gay. Gains 5 points.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDTwO0TlwOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

If I was a moderator I would be making GBS threads myself, convinced this night would end in my literal crucifixion.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

fsif posted:

Yeah I missed it, what happened?

Carson was on the website for a company that sold 'autism cure' snake oil. Carson proceeds to say he takes the product himself but does not endorse them. Moderator asks if his appearance on their website indicates a lack of vetting or judgement, audience goes mad.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

abraham linksys posted:

Holy poo poo you know the moderator who apologized for having the facts wrong about Trump's plan? SHE QUOTED TRUMP'S loving WEBSITE

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/immigration-reform

THIS DUDE IS INCREDIBLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

OHSNAP CALLED OUT THE WEBSITE

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

I cannot believe that they caught Trump in a lie on live TV and let him just shrug it off.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Joementum posted:

LMAO at the CNBC moderators thinking they can get the best of Trump when they can't even outsmart Huckabee.

Why did they do the legwork to catch him in a lie, and then not ask 'hey wouldn't you say you just lied'

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Huckabee endorses Trump

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Has anyone actually called out Christie's bridge scandal, in any of the debates?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Were the moderators just speaking over eachother?

• Locked thread