Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEExCEE

I was thinking... Do you think it weould be possible to do the vaporize thr city's water supply thing ljke in Batman Begins but instead of crazy poison it's weed? How much weed do you think you would need? Let me know if you can. Its for a friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

wee'd isn't water soluble :(

alnilam

Hmm can methane hold thc though.... lotta cities have natural gas lines throughout...

Scaly Haylie

first you'd have to replace all of gotham's water with butter

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Lizard Wizard posted:

first you'd have to replace all of gotham's water with butter

you could use sewer grease instead to bind the THC to... every time someone cleans a greasy dish in the sink it ends up in the sewers floating around waiting for an evil-doer to vaporize it and get Gothamites all highed up

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate
imagine a weed bomb...like, you know. Like those bombs you use for flea infestations? But bigger. and weed.

GEExCEE

alnilam posted:

wee'd isn't water soluble :(

neither is poison, but they made it work in the movie

pogi

I was a science writer

pogi

A byob scientist should let me interview them for practice

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

what kinda poison we talking here? if we mean the band then no they aren't

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

pogi posted:

I was a science writer

what kind of science did you write about

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

pogi

Chill la Chill posted:

what kind of science did you write about

Climate change

FYI they think we're hosed

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

would releasing an incredibly large amount of weed smoke into the atmosphere fix climate change??? i mwan, worth a shot huh worstnthing that'll happen is we'll all get incredibly high. "Oh no I've gotten way to high on this mad dankness!!! this SUCKS!!" said nobody ever

Admiral_eX_laX

Historically Inaccurate

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

would releasing an incredibly large amount of weed smoke into the atmosphere fix climate change??? i mwan, worth a shot huh worstnthing that'll happen is we'll all get incredibly high. "Oh no I've gotten way to high on this mad dankness!!! this SUCKS!!" said nobody ever

Global Chilling

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

pogi posted:

Climate change

FYI they think we're hosed

yeah it sucks, it's a big topic in our environmental econ class and the prof p much agrees cuz ~politics~

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Lil Cunty

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

I actually said that right before a court hearing once

still had my jail time commuted to community service :smuggo:

ty crap

ty landy

FluffieDuckie

I'm going to step outside and do my part to cure global warming.

Who's with me?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
i haven't farted for two weeks so my methane wont' make the earth get hot

dogdisaster

by Lowtax

HUSKY DILF posted:

i haven't farted for two weeks so my methane wont' make the earth get hot

i've been covering for you, i just didn't want to say anythiing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Piso Mojado

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

Global Chilling

Piso Mojado

if we're being serious here, then no, you probably can't instaneously vaporize an entire city's water supply like in the movie, Batman Begins, even without weed.

however, it is plausible that someone could fill up a warhead and detonate it in a major city, like in the movie Sum Of All Fears. but instead of a nuclear payload, fill it with dank nugs.

Bwee
hello

FluffieDuckie

Hi bwee

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

:wave:

joke_explainer

There's about 38 million cubic meters of water in the Portland, OR reservoir system. It takes about 4186 joules of energy to raise 1 kilogram of water 1 C. Conveniently, 38 million cubic meters is 38 billion kilograms of water. Let's assume room temperature, 20 celsius. We want to bring it to 100 celsius. So 334,880 joules per kilogram, so 12,725,440 terrajoules or so. Average commercial nuclear reactor produces about 1,100 megawatts of power, so that's 1,100 megajoules per second, so if we want to vaporize the entire reservoir of a city we'd need 11,568,581 nuclear plants. Or 1/30,222,923,529th of the luminosity of the sun. Or 1/16th the energy released by the Tsar Bomba, the largest nuclear weapon to ever be detonated. SI units are great.

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

joke_explainer posted:

There's about 38 million cubic meters of water in the Portland, OR reservoir system. It takes about 4186 joules of energy to raise 1 kilogram of water 1 C. Conveniently, 38 million cubic meters is 38 billion kilograms of water. Let's assume room temperature, 20 celsius. We want to bring it to 100 celsius. So 334,880 joules per kilogram, so 12,725,440 terrajoules or so. Average commercial nuclear reactor produces about 1,100 megawatts of power, so that's 1,100 megajoules per second, so if we want to vaporize the entire reservoir of a city we'd need 11,568,581 nuclear plants. Or 1/30,222,923,529th of the luminosity of the sun. Or 1/16th the energy released by the Tsar Bomba, the largest nuclear weapon to ever be detonated. SI units are great.

just do the sun thing thats the smallest fraction so easiest

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

joke_explainer posted:

Does anybody have a Tsar Bomba?

Anybody?

FreshCutFries

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Does anybody have a Tsar Bomba?

Anybody?

yeah. i don't want to waste 15/16ths of it though. it was a gift.

Goons Are Gifts

Can we get a byob scientists to confirm that the radioactivity would boost the trip into cosmical spheres?

alnilam

Nobnob posted:

Can we get a byob scientists to confirm that the radioactivity would boost the trip into cosmical spheres?

in my scientific opinion, radiation + (thing) produces a (thing)-themed superhero, one of whose powers would likely be "cosmic trip"

google THIS

Piso Mojado posted:

however, it is plausible that someone could fill up a warhead and detonate it in a major city, like in the movie Sum Of All Fears. but instead of a nuclear payload, fill it with dank nugs.

a nuglear payload

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
im a scientician

can i help science

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
scientist here, what do y'all need sciencing?

Scaly Haylie

Piso Mojado posted:

the a-bong

dogcrash truther

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

Global Chilling

dogcrash truther

google THIS posted:

a nuglear payload

a nuglear bowlocaust

Scaly Haylie

mushchoom cloud

GEExCEE

Lizard Wizard posted: