Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Drone posted:

When does the beta usually go live? I assume there's no day one launch patch or anything that will break a save started in beta, right?

I'm still on my FM16 save though and doing just fine with it... maybe I won't upgrade. :v:

October 24th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Mrenda posted:

SI have announced some of the features they've added for this year. https://twitter.com/FootballManager/status/1174673867832549377

Miles Jacobsen has been saying the main thrust of their improvements is for long career managers, so things like setting out multi-season plans and ambitions, how to manage developing players better and how to course the individual player's career better. I don't really see any of these as likely to fall down at their first implementation. The one that's likely to have issues is the "improved" back room staff: stuff like suggesting teams. rear end Mans are useless, so now they can be useless in suggesting the line up for the team. There's also improvements to the player 3D models, the manager model and stadiums.

These mostly seem like decent changes to me, subtle nudges in the game in the direction it was going already rather than massive features. I might be tempted to get it and try my edited database sugar daddy no drinking team again (I can move players from lower-ish leagues to my team, but only if they're not old enough to drink.) Then it's a case of developing them as you rise through the leagues. I'm trying it in a FM18 save and it's the personalities all demanding different stuff that's causing the problems.

I do like the addition of the playing time pathway for signing players, as well as the multi-season plans and goals for the manager. Those are nice touches.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

The Croc posted:

I like how they forced you to use these abominations as a manager photo rather than in the past allowing you to import an actual photo if you wished.

There’s a mod for that you know.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Masonity posted:

I think I might have a problem.

S Sport is a rag and everyone know it.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Miles is getting tetchy.

https://twitter.com/milessi/status/1189873658262634497?s=21

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Stotty posted:

Going to add in a lot of 25-yard screamers arrowing into the top corner to that list.

A video of wingbacks playing a 1-2 with each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzkXvx7-vZw

That's 87% of my goals tho.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Drone posted:

Decided my beta save would be in the MLS. Up until now I've pretty much only ever played FM with League 2 or below English teams.

I have no loving idea what I'm doing in the MLS, and my embarrassment is made worse by me being American :gonk:

It’s impossible. I don’t even bother any more. gently caress Don Garber for ruining that.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

We always say "it's your tactics" and that the midseason slump is just teams changing how they play against you in response to your reputation, but then you actually watch your little idiots play and they're just making stupid loving decisions for no reason, against all instruction. There's definitely something funny going on when my AMC has dropped to right back to close down a winger, and my centre halves are banging long balls up towards a centre forward who lives offside.

It’s your tactics. Make them stick to their positions.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

The licences are what cost the most and make yearly full price updates essential. They can't afford to sell a single game that would cover 2/3/4 seasons with simple database updates, the Premier League would bleed them dry (as Zebra FC and the mythical country of "Japan" tried to do).

gently caress Juve. Fans will have the mods and fixes out 10 minutes after the game releases.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

Release match engine is alright.

It’s out already? I thought it was next Tuesday.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

is fmrte still a thing now that SI have their own cheat dlc that doesn’t break with every patch

Both. There is one you can buy through Steam Workshop for like :fivecbux: and FMRTE is still a thing.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Drone posted:

Is the whole "clubs/FA's cracking down on people using real logos and player photos" thing going to affect the Steam workshop at all, or is the lack of those kinds of mods just down to the game only being officially out for about 12 hours?

Edit: oh drat these things run up to like a dozen GB each, so I guess the Steam workshop is out of the cards. Is there a place to get logo packs that isn't SortItOutSI which requires me to pay them :10bux: if I want to not wait fifty days on slow-rear end free downloads from dodgy mirror sites? Why they don't just put them up as a torrent I have no idea.

https://www.fmscout.com/c-files20.html

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Weedle posted:

FM20 Mobile is actually a nice upgrade from last year's version. The presentation, particularly in matches and the inbox, is a lot closer to the full version of the game than it used to be. Nice to see that they still care after several years without any meaningful changes.

I guess that's where they focused all of their effort this year.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

It's paying for a database update, more so than usual.

You’re totally discounting that they remodeled opposing manager models in 3D match.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

I wish the news articles would stop doing stupid poo poo like

TEN-MAN JUVENTUS GO DOWN TO DEFEAT AGAINST MILAN
A.C. Milan took full advantage of their numerical advantage as they beat Juventus...

in a 3-1 match in which the last goal was scored in the 65th minute and someone went out injured/red-carded in the 92nd minute.

My immersion :argh:

This mimics real life pretty closely though.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

In 19, you were able to set coaching assignments in training for the U23s and U18s. Since they've introduced the Dev Center, I can't find that control any more. Anyone seen it?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

AlbertFlasher posted:

The only time I can seem to find it is when I take full control of the player training for the U23 and U18s. So just take control of training, move your coach assignments around, and then delegate your training back to whoever. At least that's what I do.

Seems like a pain but I’ll give it a go. Thanks, Goon.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

MrBling posted:

how does homegrown rules and loans work in FM20?

If I loan out a 17 year old player will he still get to count as club homegrown after the 3 years or does he still have to actually be at the club training?

I'm pretty sure it counts as long as he's under contract to your club.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

kingturnip posted:

"It would be beneficial to play Gamsgro in a more familiar position".
He's got 4 assists, you moron, he's staying where he is.

He might have had 7 if you were playing him in a more familiar position, fuckwit.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

AlbertFlasher posted:

wtf that's so stupid. Why?

Maybe their real life scouting in the African leagues is so sparse that they can't get decent reads on players and are embarrassed to have them actually used in a live game, because they rolled dice for their stats.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Stotty posted:

This is basically the system I have been using, it's pretty time consuming - depending on how many nations youth intakes you add to the initial scouting list.
Even if you buy a few duds who only make it to 2 or 2 1/2 stars, I've been selling those guys on for £10-15 million each anyway.

I'm going to need to see the capacity of the Premier League version of the Deva Stadium, please.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

lol at the manager of a League Two side (which by definition is ceaselessly struggling to make payroll week to week) making Club Vision demands in contract negotiations

Please don't talk about Sven-Goran Eriksson when he isn't here to defend himself.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

I refuse to use Epic. I have an unused account and I get like 50 hack attempt emails per day.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

I used to get a lot of email spam from epic about account hacking attempts. Not so coincidentally it started exactly when Fortnite started to catch on. It ended as soon as I enabled 2FA on my account.

2FA is enabled. That’s why I’m getting the emails.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

LionYeti posted:

FM 2021 drops November 24th PC
December for Xbox and Switch

:toot:

Edit: :coronatoot: I guess the only new features are that it will be available for consoles. I've seen nothing from SI about any actual new features.

XBenedict fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 24, 2020

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

AttitudeAdjuster posted:

Or when your striker is in a one on one and spoons it tamely into the keeper's arms for the trillionth time.

It’s your tactics, mate.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

psyer posted:

I'm not so sure. Reason Leicester City badge shows because FM is a sponsor for Leicester.

They finally realize that Watford wasn't paying off for them?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

KoldPT posted:

This guy is possibly the biggest oval office I have ever seen in FM, and he's only 17

He has 20 dirtiness too, but unfortunately (?) high sportsmanship and low controversy

Gonna have a great effect on your team since his leadership is going up. Joey Barton would be envious.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

Just needs to work on his heading.

:rip:

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

sassassin posted:

Why do you need 5 coaches for the under 19s anyway?

It lightens the coaching load. I remember one board gave me more youth coaches than first team.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Caf posted:

Incredibly disappointed to win the last game of the season 3-2 by scoring goals at 90+2 and 90+4 only to find that there is no gesture to run around the room screaming and giving out high-fives (or anything to show excitement at all).

*waves arms frantically*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Cal was not only a loving beast but a quality human. All sports need more Cal Ripkens and fewer Billy Ripkens.

Ok. Maybe a few Billys would be OK.