Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Quite easy to work on, degreaser and a light bit of sponge scourer.

And about that I've gone nuts part...

1000km road trip anyone?

:catstare:

...I'll be in my bunk.

:cocaine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

You all are seriously not going to believe this

Dude, seriously now.

Seriously.

You are awesome and are doing god's work.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Free accomodation - any one else that wants to be part of a WRC service crew, we need the warm bodies

I've always believed that before modifying, find out what you got to work out your best direction

Awful. Just awful. However also hilariously fun, especially later as the handbrake started to come good. It's now also been on the track and next week we go drag race in a battle of the family tow cars - NA Forester vs Holden Avendra LS1 AWD that's been reflashed and cold air intaked. Yeahhh..... I'm gonna get flattened.

I've never been a fan of the USA trend of sway bar for fixing suspension issues (Because sway bars are for final chassis tuning, they dont fix fundamental flaws and they do NOT fix geometry. Anyone that says that needs a clue hit) but I can def say this car needs at least 19mm and badly - the stock ones are a joke. So that's first for the moment to get some sort of body control until the coilovers are rebuilt and ready. I suspect big bars will match the suspension well.

Tyres. Ummm.... yeah. Stock M+S Bridgestones just dont work. Kinda wondering there what to get.

Brakes - not 100% decided. Anyone got some they might want to sell off?

Also I'll get some good diffs in - I feel that again, it'll respond well to them.

So yes, awful beyond belief to race but in all honestly, it's a car that becomes clear will repsond incredibly well to any mods I throw at it. I was surprised it can and does drift at full lock as much as the underpowered motor and sad 347,000km diffs allow for. Also the ssuspensionpresently..... well yeah that's also 347,000kms old.

Main thing is that I can see the potential and I nearly have everything. I do need the 04 XT dashboard and body / dash harness if anyone knows where to get it.

We did look into a 95 WRX this week but it's 1000kms away.

I will see if I can make a WRC mechanic vacation to AUS work. Because I'm lazy, what are the dates again?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Does anyone know what my literal dream car is, other than a F40 Ferrari?

And no, I'm not kidding here. This is the car I have wanted to own for years. I do need to trade in the GT as the SO has put her foot down and said no more but I think the sacrifice is well worth it.

The Commodore is going as well because it literally hasnt turned a wheel in two months. But again.... this I think will be well worth it

Liberty 3 litre Spec.B. Holy poo poo what a gorgeous car to drive

Normal poo poo Subaru buying will resume shortly. In fact I have one lined up. So ummm.. Oh God why do I even what am I doing?

:gizz: that is sooooooo loving gooooood...

Wait. What?

:flaccid:

Sludgebox? Oh, it's a 3.0. Great motor. Too bad about the transmissions.

You're going to do a manual swap, right? :homebrew:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

A project success leaves

(Made back what it cost me)

A car I never really got to grips with and also nickel and dimed me to death also leaves

Which of course means there's more room for lost Subarus.....

Jan 28

Oh God why do I even what am I doing

:D

See ya, I'm off driving this wonderful thing

Yeeeessssssssssssssss :fh:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Laserface posted:

The thing with that model is that its just the old STi in a new chassis. Which I understand is probably a better chassis, but the power train is all the same.

Personally if I was shopping STIs I would be waiting til the FA20DIT is tuned up to STI spec rather than buying into the EJ25 and all its flaws.

+1

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

Nice!

Also: awesome mug / username combo. :3:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Australia gets a limited run of slightly warmed over WRX's every couple of years called the Clubspec. Usually just a bit nicer trim, maybe a bigger sway bar and nicer wheels, plus unusal paint and stickers. So in the case of the Clubspec Evo4, you get 22B interior with yellow patches, that really odd yellow paintwork, STI wheels that were painted silver and a few other odds and ends that Subaru can go LOOK WE GIVE YOU 4 GRAND OF OPTIONS FOR 1500 BUCKS!!!!!

Oh and a badge saying 103/300 or something.

I think in this case the yellow paint is unique to the Clubspecs on the GC8

We got that yellow in Canada, too. Don't remember if it was a special edition or not.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Ummmm .......

Hi. Theres another Subaru coming.

Oh god why do you even what are you doing

22b or bust?

:getin:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

If you just bought a built '91-94 turbo LegacyLiberty, you are doing god's work and I love you even more.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oh God Why I Even WHAT THE gently caress DID I JUST BUY???????????

...a Subaru?

Just guessing.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I LIED

We bought THIS

600 bucks, organising to go into the workshop I havent talked about yet.

:swoon:

Winning. Best car-related money one can spend, IMHO.

:respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And now for somehting completely different

Keen thread spotters may work out this doesnt look like the WRX that was there (THAT has become part of the BRZ insanity) and it doesnt look like a Subaru.

It'll be the RX-7 once again driving...... and using 3 litres of fuel to be moved to under the catio. Yeaaaaah. Possible stuck apex seal and as well the carby aint happy. Did I ever mention I hate carburettors?

Something, something, Megasquirt.

:getin: