Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
ITS ABOUT TIME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I've replaced a lot of turbos on Subarus, that's a pretty involved thief.
I dunno, maybe if you cut the uppipe and fluid lines.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Any tips on doing CV boots? I'm doing all 4 on the S14.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If the fuel is that old you should change the filter next tank.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I've got a 13' Outback with the 3.6 and the motor is a treat. Just torque everywhere. It's a cavern inside. I can sit a 6+ foot person behind me easily, which actually happens very often. The low oil sensor is bitching constantly though.

I really want to do headers and an exhaust, but the wife is due in July.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I want to replace the Mazda 3 with a previous gen WRX hatch but my wife would kill me.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Do you have a tactrix equivalent? For basic bolt ons the stock ECU is usually fine.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
EZ30 into a BRZ/FT86

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You have a weird problem.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
You just bought another rally car you loving mainiac.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
The accepted method is to attack it with a drill first so you create weak points in the structure.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

slothrop posted:

you gotta stop buying your Subarus from that old indian burial ground mister

Aboriginal, he's in Australia.

Which car's clutch died?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Uncle Cat Terrists Terrible Subaru Addiction

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
The 5EAT was wired into Eyesight as well and it works fine.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
"I wish this was a manual but this doesn't totally suck."

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Fender roller?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Pretty sure that's Kapt. Ballastic's.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Probably not as much as you think. I bet the AWD system is the same as an Escalade unit.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Darchangel posted:

Isn't the Camaro platform Opel based? Or was that stolen from Holden? Pretty much anything RWD that's not a truck is coming from "Eurp".

No. The 6th Camaro platform (GM Alpha) is Caddy ATS/CTS and Camaro and that's it. However, the 5th Gen was largely underpinned by Commodore bits aka the GM Zeta Platform.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
That 7 should still run.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Now. They're at Coff's Harbor as of a few days ago.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm kinda curirous what a Tesla motor would look like in a Forester. I do know a R180 diff can handle a Tesla's torque (seen it first hand). Hmmmmmm
Eh, the R180 is ok, but why bother when you could get a Ford Falcon diff or an R200 from a Nissan? Both can take heaps more abuse and should have a better aftermarket for LSDs.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I normally talk friends down from spending money on stuff but given you can make it go on the road again in a month or less: it's a good chassis for $300 AUD loving get on it.

Also sell the drat thing and make a buck.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Are you going to do rods/pistons? They're not really where they need to be for boost.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Zero, but she has a nice pedal bike or two so Cat's all about it.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Rule of thumb for modern intakes is the best way to handle methanol injection is to set it up like a set of secondary injectors (so as close to the valves as possible) as modern intake manifolds are not designed to flow liquid. In a Subaru you could put them further out than most other intakes, since they do have a noticeable vertical drop space before the head, but there wouldn't be much benefit except maybe from a packaging standpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Engine donor?