Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Alaois posted:

hello teenage america. I'm here to humbly request someone please find and quote the post about superman beating bizarro superman to death while crying. thank you in advance.

Hang on a sec

SlimGoodBody posted:

On that note, I think Bizarro, while maybe not a good villain to carry a movie, could be a tragic and beautiful piece of plot for a Supes movie. Someone (maybe Luthor, yawn) attempts to clone a Superman they can control, or maybe reverse engineer Superman-like abilities with a few drops of his blood. They want to use it to discredit the original Supes and turn public opinion against him. Bizarro ends up breaking loose and rampaging.

Don't make him evil, make him really dishearteningly broken in the head. He just keeps trying to "help" and "do the right thing," but he gets it all wrong because he's mentally deficient. Think Lenny trying to pet the rabbits. The plot arc culminates in Superman realizing that no amount of interposing will ever stop Bizarro from trying to do the right thing, just as no amount of interference would ever stop Superman from trying to do the right thing. We see Superman crying as he has to beat the life out of Bizarro, who doesn't understand what he's done. Superman doesn't want to do it, but it's a burden he has to bear in order to make the world safer. Supes has a period of reflection on whether he's any different, or if he's getting in the way of humanity moving itself forward by coddling it so much. He decides that he has to follow Bizarro's example and keep trying to do right, no matter what, and goes to take on the big bad guy that was responsible for/controlling Bizarro with a new sense of anger and purpose.

Or something. Whatever. You get the idea.

It's old enough that links don't seem to work

purple death ray has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Jun 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

All these and no Pablo Elfdickasso?

Pabelf Dickasso flows better imo

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Grammarchist posted:

A while back someone made a spiritual sequel to that one post from 2008 about Obama growing to the size of a mountain and sending all the Muslims to a new Eden on the Moon.

Most of it was about living on a dead Earth while the Boomers praised the economy, culminating with a mysterious figure descending from the moon. The Boomers set upon the figure, who shatters into pieces that fall to the ground. Millennials plant the pieces hoping to see flowers bloom again.

Does that ring any bells?

I think you're combining 2 different posts there, I think the one with the boomers and the economy was about trump and it was a sequel/riff on the older Obama one. As far as I remember the Obama one ended with the Muslims being discovered on the moon.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sagebrush posted:

Every time I read that it bugs me that the satellites are coming down without air friction to decay their orbits :spergin:

Out of everything in that story that violates the laws of physics, thermodynamics and reality in general, that's what sticks in your craw?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lobok posted:

For some reason this is hard to picture. Two objects crashing into each other in mid-air and falling down? Sure, of course. Same thing happening in orbit seems cartoony.

aint like there are stop lights up there

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ultimate marvel was like if Maddox wrote the Avengers

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Joe Bogan posted:

I'm so angry I got this pun without having to click through for context.

:same:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Solice Kirsk posted:

:lol: What kind of made up fantasy word is Belgium? How would you even pronounce that? Now Bel' Gium, that makes more sense.

Sound like a race of star trek aliens

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Guess what, every country has a plethora of lovely snack foods and other problems. Does anyone have a funny quote to share?

I found one!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

that was pretty clearly a joke. you could have gone with "oldtasteless" or even the more conceptual "oldoldless" but you blew it. you'll never get another shot like this. never.

He's usually pretty obvious with his set ups but that one was oldsubtletyless imo

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

IUG posted:

At least that was from 2007.

So only a decade after it would have been funny!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't know where you guys are getting these from but it's supposed to be funny forums quotes, and it's really helpful if you can put them in quote blocks too so we can find the original posts

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The nice bird who used to mod this place is gone, sorry

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

jesus WEP posted:

it is anyway

*gestures emphatically at this post*

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Syd Midnight posted:

this is true but then the other 10% was fyads calling attention to something genuinely horrible that was going on and getting probed/banned because some mods were going along with it, and those were usually sagas worth remembering

We absolutely did not deserve triticum guzzler, gently caress

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah I would probably defer to SodomyGoat101 on these matters

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lone Goat posted:

I have that album, there's some ska songs on it but sadly no tubas I think

Ska music is just poo poo, which is a distinct genre from shart

I'm really into fartcore these days myself

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Moon Slayer posted:

That explains your posts.

The gassy behind is a state of mind bro

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dareon posted:

I'm skarry

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

RFC2324 posted:

Wait, I thought that was jazz?

Jazz is all about the silverware and trumpets you don't throw into a wind tunnel

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's too late, the sickness is inside you

Oh, wah ah ah ah.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

*nba jam announcer voice* FROM DOWNTOWN

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If Darkseid gets the Anti-Mum Equation, we're all hosed

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Joe Bogan posted:

Maybe not all of us but your mum definitely has been.

I have a sister so at least twice yeah

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

RFC2324 posted:

Sir Mix A Lot is truely the greatest of the one hit wonders

People still remember Put Em On The Glass from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dameius posted:

Funny because that's what your dad said after dropping your mom off. :smug:

Lmao keep 'em coming

Which, by the way,