Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Presumably it's a response to the tweet in a previous post that posits any kind of "submissive" sex is gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
imagine being insecure enough in your sexuality that you feel the need to assert it while you're (imagining) having sex

such a rich inner life

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I am astonished at this doctrine.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
you woosh the joke like the airplane? oh! oh! probe for poster! prober for poster for Ten Thousand Hours!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is it not just a bog standard racism? What could it even be referencing?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Somehow I suspect that quote is not actually a favorite of yours!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

sebmojo posted:

What are you gonna do, entomb me?
-entombed man

:rant:

the whole point of the gag is that the information about the consequences comes before the quote itself! stop posting it wrong!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Thank you, sincerely.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
there's an actual company that makes bicycles for fish? I wouldn't imagine they'd have a customer base

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
no, the wario games are the trenchant social commentaries presented through fart jokes

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Someone else added the text to my av, presumably the Mouse Buddy person, and I am occasionally mildly peeved that they decided to label the Optimist Mouse as a rat, but whenever I think about changing it I also want to get a cleanly cropped and less compressed image, and that's like actual effort, so I've left it as is. Plus I still appreciate the gesture.

also I have too many gangtags but don't want to spend money to remove some, there's probably a thread where you can ask nicely for that

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
they're pretty clearly mad that you don't already know why they're mad, pointing to a specific post would defeat the purpose

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I imagine there's a lot of overlap.

I am no good at keeping track of who is whose alt, so I'll ask here: Does anyone know who has the most alts on the most-ignored list?

Oh it's definitely this poster.

imagine I did the thing where I post a link to a user's own profile, I spent like 15 seconds looking for it and gave up

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I just think it's in bad taste to draw attention to it, let alone explain it. They're not forums poster Explicable Boast, who would have a username well within the character limit, regardless.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
i thought reefer enthusiasts were supposed to be chill

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh yeah, you can even see the older name in the edit line, I appreciate that.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
yet another cool bird

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
the rest of that burn is pretty weak, but referring to a single person as "two assholes" is solid work

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Karate Bastard posted:

No I have no idea why this post in particular ticked me off, when there are so many others to rub myself sideways with, and yes I have seen your post history thank you very much

yeah well have you seen your post history boom gottem

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please warn me if a link I click on will take me to ASCII anime, I am very sensitive to such things

okay, don't click this link

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Milo and POTUS posted:

i cannot think of a single obvious reason for faucet dick that doesnt involve a grievous bodily injury or a horrible malformation

the kind of dude who pees standing up :ssh:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
earlier in the thread someone said AI art was soulless, which may have struck a chord

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

emSparkly posted:

Dare I look for some of his other greatest hits?

SMG is a top tier poster, they're the one behind the "the Muslims have vanished" post that I'm pretty sure has been brought up several times in this thread, but I'm gonna just post it again:

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

12:05 PM eastern standard time, the Muslims have vanished. Check for yourself if you don't believe me. Where have they gone to?

There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Barack Obama. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WASHINGTON DC, with red concentric circles. I'm uneasy, but what can we do? Terror is defeated and if Obama were a Muslim, he'd be just as gone as them. There's no cause for alarm.

Within months, Barack Obama has declared a war on vague unease. It's a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Muslims had left, but I don't think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer's eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world.

Aeroplanes don't exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low to support their wings. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven't changed, but the atmosphere..

One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Barack is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to bullets. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven.

Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It's a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Obama strides across the landscape, taller than the Freedom Tower. We've given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and guns no longer fire.

I'm starting to wish the Muslims were back.

We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they're mosques. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. "Look at how they wield their guns," writes a man. "I always said he'd take our guns away." They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife!

It's long been clear that Obama brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can't bring myself to blame him for it. He's reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Obama does not carry us, we can climb...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

sebmojo posted:

The video is four hours long.

it's actually only three hours fifty one minutes

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Arivia posted:

No. What does it mean?

someone is currently producing a 10+ hour reply to the reply to the reply labeled "Fallout 3 isn't NOT better than you think," c'mon

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Drone_Fragger posted:

Precisions machines famously love being on fire ans unevenly heated. Makes them stronger, more powerful. Kinda like the trees that survive wildfires.

Javid posted:

Not as warped as the operators will be after feasting on chicken smoked in cutting oil and assorted metal particulates

Scholtz posted:

Ok so it's wrong to use a lathe for whole chickens, but drumsticks are fine?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Karate Bastard posted:

Being sensitive to flickering sounds like it could suck a whole bunch.

It seems like it should be possible to make a browser plugin that pre-screens graphical elements like gifs, videos etc and hides them behind a warning / rating if they flicker dangerously. I don't have the skills but someone else might? Maybe it already exists?

I dunno if there's one that does that specifically, but there's definitely one that just blanket blocks gifs and videos from playing automatically; people have been posting about using that.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Milo and POTUS posted:

When one of the "is the forum gonna die" moments happened (love that there are multiple btw), there was I think a last minute confession thread in gbs and someone said they bought it just for a laugh and I assumed they were telling the truth because to lie about that would be somehow more embarrassing.

I thought as much. I don't know you personally, but you never struck me as the type to have strong opinions about the Power Rangers [pejoratively]

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
hahah that would have been funny, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
ancient cats are the best, we had one that went deaf and it didn't seem to change her life in any way other than no longer being scared of the vacuum cleaner